+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Smile Read any good books lately?

Hi all!

I'm always looking for something great to read - any genre, and new or old. I've recently out-Agatha Christied myself having gone through 5 Miss Marple mysteries and 5 Hercule Poirot stories (yes, occasionally I take a break from SBM!).

After receiving some awesome book recommendations from Jessica in another thread, I thought that I would pose the question to everyone:

"Read any good books lately?"

Much appreciated,

Karin

I don't know if you're into Christian Fiction, but that's what I usually read. I've read a lot of Karen Kingsbury and Dee Henderson books lately that I enjoy. They are sort of a mystery/love type of story. Too many titles to list them. Any of theirs would be good in my opinion.
    Reeny

Wink Books I've Enjoyed

Hi,

I just finished "Dispatches from the Edge" by Anderson Cooper. It was really good - a fast read. My husband enjoyed it, too. I've also enjoyed "Marley and Me" by John Grogan and "Night" by Elie Wiesel recently.

Another really interesting book - "My Sister's Keeper" by Jodi Piccoult.

Hope these might be good choices for you.

Smile

Awesome suggestions! thanks to both of you!

Not to be greedy (or maybe I am...) but, keep 'em coming!

Karin

Karin, if you are into writing as art then you *must* read T.R. Pearson. Try the book "Gospel Hour". T.R. Pearson has a writing style unlike any other.
    Scrapbook MAX! is the fun and easy digital scrapbooking software for Windows. Download a free trial version at www.scrapbookmax.com.

Thanks, Corey! My list is starting to build...

This is a real 'beach' read, but I loved "Odd Thomas" by Dean Koontz.

Smile

thanks Sandy - I like the beach...

I was thinking that it's not fair for me to simply take all of your suggestions without giving some back! As I mentioned, my tastes are all over the place. But the one "stand-out" book that I read recently was "The Once and Future King" by T.H.White.

Even though it's not exactly new (hello, 1930's ) it was to me , and it was a really incredible book! Since it's actually several books in one, it makes a good summer-long read...

Karin

"The Tipping Point" by Malcom Gladwell - Interesting reading about why things change and what influences them to change.

http://www.gladwell.com/tippingpoint/index.html

Default One or two more!

I have just about finished "Still Waters" by Jennifer Lauck. It's really well-written and interesting. Her first book "Blackbird" is the first part, but I haven't read it yet - will read it next! They are memoirs.

If you read even half the suggestions, you'll be busy this summer!