• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ankhara33
    • Sep 2007

SMax won't open PNG Files?!

Hey all,
    I've created and saved some transparent PNG files using Corel PhotoPaint vX3. I can open and view them in several different programs just fine (including web browsers).

When I try to add them as pictures into ScrapBook Max, I get a 'thumbnail' image of them from the open image dialog, but when I open them, it appears to work, but they just disapear and nothing is added to the page.

Has anyone else had this problem? Can someone please try to open and add this PNG to a test page in Scrapbook Max to see if it's just my computer, or a bug in Scrapbook Max?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Ankhara
  • crops2dawn
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Jul 2006

I dont see a tester here, but you shouldnt have any problems with a png file... SBM accepts them, maybe someone can come along and help ya, sounds like something is wrong with your version...if nobody get back to you, go to the bottom here and click on the contact us... they should be able to help you!

My Buddies: Jazz, Smile, Sue, Eng and Eye "CHILLS", Poppabob, PKdoll, Onie, Pickngrin

Comment

• eye
      MAX! Mastermind
      • Jul 2006

I am having problems getting layouts done today. Perhaps it is a fluke in gallery for a short time.
      sigpic
      My Buddies -- Sue, Smiles, Jazzereal, Eng, Crops, Terry & Wolvsie35 , Onie, Marion, Jenna's Mommy, All My Memories, Winnie49, Tiffanys Scraps, Grannywin,emst

Comment

• grannywin
        Layout Whiz
        • Sep 2006

I think there are various types of Png. I use PNG-24. Try saving in this format and see if it makes a difference. Don't know about Corel, but in Photoshop I must SAVE TO WEB to keep the transparency with png.

Comment

• angelwithin
          MAX! Mastermind
          • Nov 2006

i use paint shop pro 9 and know that i have to make sure that the alpha channel transparency is checked to get pngs to save with a transparent background

use the file>export>png function
          set to 24 bit
          alpha channel transparency
          non-interlaced format

and they should work in max now

hope that helps

fiona xx

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
          , Check out my store
          Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Comment

• mieke_le
            • Aug 2007

Think I got it. At leats I didn't get an error reading it.

Thanks for the tip Fiona.
            Mieke

Comment

• mieke_le
              • Aug 2007

Wel seems everything was set as you explained here so I decided to change the png to smt or smb and at the moment it works.
              The problem is finding out what is smt and what smb. And it doesn't seem to work with ready for use templates. Still have to figure that one out. Maybe it is the size of these templates.
              Or if someone has a tip??
              Well just wanted to add my 2 cent
              Mieke

Comment

• Moonbeam
                • Mar 2006

I'm not much help but I can tell you the .smt and .smb are files specifically for scrapbook Max... smt stands for Scrapbook Max Template

and smb = Scrapbook Max Booster ( booster kits)

Comment

• eye
                  MAX! Mastermind
                  • Jul 2006

I had problems and after about 5 trys it went into gallery.I have done enough in gallery to know it is not a mistake that I made. So I tossed it up to a flukie day with the gallery.Once in awhile it does that but is all right the next day.Anything made with jpeg or png will fit in layouts and work in gallery.
                  sigpic
                  My Buddies -- Sue, Smiles, Jazzereal, Eng, Crops, Terry & Wolvsie35 , Onie, Marion, Jenna's Mommy, All My Memories, Winnie49, Tiffanys Scraps, Grannywin,emst

Comment

Working...
                  X