• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MaggieMae
    Digi Sage
    • May 2006

Help with backgrounds

I haven't been able to find a drop-down category for backgrounds in SM. I downloaded some from the forum and had to go searching for them in Windows Explorer. I moved them to Scraps. When I receive the full version will there be a background category?

Any help will be much appreciated!!
    Julie
  • OnieRN
    Scrap Guru
    • May 2006

You can do it.....

Hello.

You can change the background by clicking on the tab to the Left of the "?" on the tool bar. It is the page settings. You will find 2 options, one is to select the size of your page and the other is for the background. Pick the background. You will have multiple options to change your background OR you can "browse" and pick something that you already have saved. Another great option is to use one of your scenery pictures as the back ground. They make some beautiful backgrounds for your picks!

Hope this helps!
    sigpic OWNER OF THE B&B in SCRAPSVILLE

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
    !

nie

Comment

• Karin
      • Jan 2006

Hi there!

I've included a thumnail image of the "Page Settings" icon in the toolbar(the "background button"). Click on this button, and you will be brought to the Background dialog box where you can choose a solid or image background.

You can also choose Page > Settings in the toolbar and then select a Solid color or Image background from the Background dialog box.

The User's Guide (choose Help > Scrapbook MAX! User's Guide) also talks about adding backgrounds - Chapter 3, p.35.

And Yes! - You will receive a whole PILE of goodies in the full CD, including more of EVERYTHING (backgrounds, papers, embellishments, shapes, etc.) to add to your LO. Woo-hoo!

N.B. I LOVE the suggestion of using a photo for a background - it is a really neat way to make a page.

Hope that helps - let us know!

Karin
      Attached Files

Comment

• MaggieMae
        Digi Sage
        • May 2006

Thank you!

Thank you both for helping - it was so simple when I knew how! One more quick question - I saved some backgrounds from the forum in My Pictures. Can I move them so they can be one of the image choices in SCM?

Thanks again!
        Julie

Comment

• Brett
          • Jan 2006

You can either:

1. Copy the pictures from My Pictures to a folder inside of "C:\Program Files\Scrapbook MAX!\Gallery\Images\Backgrounds" (for example, make a sub-folder called "My Favorites"

2. Press the Browse... button at the lower-left corner of the Select Image dialog when you are choosing a background.

3. Drag and drop the image from your My Pictures folder right onto your scrapbook page.
          Brett Kapilik
          Indigo Rose Corporation

Comment

• MaggieMae
            Digi Sage
            • May 2006

Thank you - I will try it!
            P.S. My CD arrived today! It only took two days from New York. I'm excited about loading it.
            Julie

Comment

• Karin
              • Jan 2006

YEY! Have fun!

Karin

Comment

• Scrapbook MAX!
                Your Host, Gracie!
                • Jan 2006

People on the east coast of the US should get their Scrapbook MAX CD's even faster that before, now that we've opened up a distribution facility in New York state!
                Scrapbook MAX! 2.0 is here!. It's simply better digital scrapbooking software!

Comment

• Karin
                  • Jan 2006

start spreading "the max"...

Karin

Comment

Working...
                  X