X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JMG
    • Oct 2007

Rookie question on scrapbook layout

Hello, All! We took a fantastic cruise last year, and it is important to me that my first-ever scrapbook turns out well. My concern is this: Which makes for a more interesting and attractive scrapbook -- random layouts that are individual to the page, or a themed book of matching layouts on every page? Does consistent use of backgrounds, colors and embellishments throughout a book work better than matching colors and embellishments to the subject on each page? In my case, page 1 is of the ship and our cabin, page 8 is about glaciers, page 13 may be about sled dogs, etc. Imho, I currently have 9 attractive pages, but no two pages are even remotely similar. The number and size of photos also varies from page to page. I cannot imagine colors or a theme that will work for all the various subjects I have to cover. Am I going to end up with a mish-mashed mess? Any opinion or suggestion you care to offer will be greatly appreciated.
    JGM
  • Manatee25
    Layout Whiz
    • Mar 2007

Well not that my opinion is the right one but here it is! I think you should do whatever apeals to you!! If you like a color theme then do that... if you like every page to match the subject... do that! You can even do a bit of both!! It is your scrapbook so have fun and do what you like!!!

I have some books that are 'themed' and MANY that are just random. My son's book is a mix of both! I took a picture of him every month for the first year and those pictures are on themed pages. The rest in his book are whatever fits the picture!

Hope that helps!
    Don't procrastinate being happy!
    And don't procrastinate checking out my store!
    Orange Blossom- new release
    sigpic
    My SBM store

Comment

• srussell
      Digi Sage
      • Feb 2006

As Tina said, do whatever you think appeals to you. I had a similar project for a 60th birthday party using photos from various sources. I ended up doing several themes, each with several pages.

Take a look here
      Secure the right domain name for your business or website today. Custom tailored payment plans available to fit any budget.
      sigpic
      Visit my aisle in the SBM store!
      My buddies are Granny, Moonbeam and Wolvsie35!

Comment

• *eng*
        MAX! Mastermind
        • Apr 2006

Very impressive Steve
        My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Comment

• wolvsie35
          MAX! Mastermind
          • Apr 2007

My opinion is the same as well...I think it is up to you and what you like your pages to look like since everyone has their own style...
          Steve, very nice...
          I am a Designer 4 ScrapbookMax! Check out my STORE...Thanks!

Comment

• mint
            Layout Whiz
            • Oct 2006

I'm the same. its what I like at the time that counts. All taste are different.
            Mint

buddies are- angelwithin

Comment

• grannywin
              Layout Whiz
              • Sep 2006

I try to coordinate the colors but don't worry about the layouts being similar when I do a single theme. For my grandson's book, I have nothing similar and it still works. Do what you think looks best.

Comment

• ghoward
                • Jul 2006

Travel album.

We recently travelled to the UK and i have since done an album up of our photos. Have had some really good comments about it. I like you wasn't sure how to do it so just went ahead and did what look I liked. Many were similar in look and others different.some examples below.I did this as 8x10 as I had an album to use.
                Attached Files

Comment

• sacannon
                  MAX! Mastermind
                  • Aug 2006

ghoward, great album! I agree with everyone else. It is what ever appeals to you and what looks best with the pictures you are using. If I can make a pages that are side by side match,I do that, but they don't generally match all the other pages. But all themed pages are great too. I just go by the pictures and what works with them.
                  [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Comment

• grannywin
                    Layout Whiz
                    • Sep 2006

It looks like you had a very nice trip, and now have a beautiful memory album. Keep scrapping!

Comment

Working...
                    X