• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • juliehclark
    Challenge Host
    • Jun 2006

October Challenge! Featuring Knzus!

Welcome to this month's "Designer Challenge"

Each month, a different designer will host a new challenge with specific rules and instructions and a freebie!

This month we have up to bat: Diana Carmichael aka Knzus!

Please visit my SBM store!
  • mh51
    Scrap Guru
    • Jul 2006

Do you mean OCTOBER challenge...???

Comment

• knzus
      Digi Sage
      • Jan 2007

OCTOBER 2007 Designer Challenge

LOL! Please excuse Julie...yes, she typed September -- we'll give her a break...some of us know what pregnancy can do to the brain.

Welcome to the Designer’s Challenge for the month of October 2007!

Instead of the usual autumn or Halloween themed layouts, we’re going to do something a little different. We are going to do layouts with a “cause” or “awareness” or “unusual/unique holiday” theme - but NOT Halloween or autumn related. For instance, October is….

Family History Month
      National Breast Cancer Awareness Month
      Domestic Violence Awareness Month
      National Dental Hygiene Month
      National Arts & Humanities Month
      National Work & Family Month
      National Car Care Month
      National Disability Employment Awareness Month
      National Popcorn Poppin’ Month

Also, we recognize the following in October:

Make A Difference Day (Oct. 27)
      National Folk Festival (Oct. 12-14)
      Columbus Day (Oct. 12)
      Fire Prevention Week (Oct 7-13)

The above are just to name a few and give you ideas. If you Google the words “October is” you will get 881,000,000 results; but you can narrow it down by using the terms “October is National” and you only get 548,000,000 results. Check out holidayinsights.com/moreholidays/october.htm for some bizarre and unique holidays.

So, your challenge requirements are:

1. Find a cause, awareness or unusual/unique holiday (NOT autumn or Halloween) theme for your layout. Yes, you may pick one that is near and dear to your own heart and important to you. But it MUST be recognized IN the month of OCTOBER. And yes, by all means, we want to see causes and unique holidays from around the world, wherever our SBM members live!

2. You must use AT LEAST FOUR (4) of the colors in the swatch and at least FOUR (4) of the freebies that I have provided (yes, you may use all of the freebies and all of the colors if you desire). You are to stick to the colors that the freebies are - meaning do NOT re-color them…the usual re-sizing, etc. is okay. You may use any other elements in your layout that you like (even those made by you), but you must adhere to the COLOR and FREEBIES requirements. (Color codes are provided on the swatch. The “HSL” means hue/saturation/lightness.)

3. Make your layout in ANY size that you prefer. You are not limited to only one layout…make as many as you want.

4. Upload your layout to this thread PLUS -- EITHER the extra elements that you made to go with it, OR a template of it to share with everyone (yes, you can provide both elements and template if you want, but it’s not required…one or the other is fine).

Remember to stick with the colors in the swatch and do not re-color the freebies. By the time the end of the month gets here, this ought to be a really colorful thread! So let’s see all the colors of the world! Have fun and enjoy your freebies!

If you have any problems or questions, just give a holler!

Freebie kit consists of: 1 600x600 paper (300 dpi), 1 square scalloped-edge vellum, 3 stars of different designs , 1 journaling element, and 1tag. Color swatch included.
      Attached Files
      Diana

Be good to your favorite designer (I used to be one!) by LETTING THEM KNOW how much you appreciate their work!

Comment

• nanwu
        Digi Sage
        • Apr 2007

wow what a challenge, I know a few crazy holidays celebrated in Australia, but will have to check exactly what month some of them are........off to do some detective work

My buddies are Angelwithin, omajo, babylicious36, all my memories. and Angle

Comment

• sacannon
          MAX! Mastermind
          • Aug 2006

Now this is really going to be a challenge. Will have to do some research on this and get some ideas. Hmmm. I have two weeks vacation this month too. National Sue's Vacation in October! That's it!.......Just kidding.
          [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Comment

• crops2dawn
            MAX! Mastermind
            • Jul 2006

Did I hear you right??? National popcorn poppin month??? LOL
            Ohhh this is gonna be fun!!! Thanks Diana!!

My Buddies: Jazz, Smile, Sue, Eng and Eye "CHILLS", Poppabob, PKdoll, Onie, Pickngrin

Comment

• knzus
              Digi Sage
              • Jan 2007

Originally posted by crops2dawn View Post
              Did I hear you right??? National popcorn poppin month???...
              Yep, you heard right! The fellow who came up with that one, Dan Glickman, was born and raised here in Kansas and is well-known in the USA (you can Google his name and see the specifics...way too many to talk about here ).
              Diana

Be good to your favorite designer (I used to be one!) by LETTING THEM KNOW how much you appreciate their work!

Comment

• Marion
                MAX! Mastermind
                • Feb 2006

National Fire prevention Month

That was hard! I used 4 colors. for the embies I used the star, the brackets, the velum and a Background color.

Attached Files

Comment

• pkdoll
                  Scrap Guru
                  • Dec 2006

Wow this challenge is different. I think that it will be lots of fun to see what everyone comes up with. It sounds kinda cool and I love the colors-so that's half the battle.

My Buddies are Marion, Kimbob, Jazziel (RIP), Wolvsie35, Crops2dawn, Makeyesup, Kazr, Moonfairy, Moonlightpearl, and scrappyaggie48

Comment

• pkdoll
                    Scrap Guru
                    • Dec 2006

WOW Marion-you are fast!! I love your LO! You always seem to have the right picture for everything. You are good girl!!!hahaha!

My Buddies are Marion, Kimbob, Jazziel (RIP), Wolvsie35, Crops2dawn, Makeyesup, Kazr, Moonfairy, Moonlightpearl, and scrappyaggie48

Comment

• wolvsie35
                      MAX! Mastermind
                      • Apr 2007

Great challenge...WOW and Marion you are way too fast..lol...Great Lo...
                      CROPS, I read the popcorn thingy and new your eyes would light up...lol...thanks for the freebies and will get started right away...I hope...hehe...Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with...
                      I am a Designer 4 ScrapbookMax! Check out my STORE...Thanks!

Comment

• wolvsie35
                        MAX! Mastermind
                        • Apr 2007

Love Not Hate

I am very aware of this months Domestic Violence Awareness...I have written some articles and helped out with the younger women in our local shelter homes with this subject...To be honest I was embarrassed to post these photos for everyone to see...These were actually taken a week after it happened..I didn't want to show the ones from the day it happened...But he was a boyfriend of mine (an ex now), and he beat me up three times..Why I stayed? Frightened I guess...This was the last time, and I reported it...Cops took photos, etc...We ended up going to court, yadda yadda...Came to find out this was his ninth offense!!!!! Reported anyways...I almost fell over in court...The judge gave him 30 days in jail...He didn't even have to pay my medical expenses...So I ask you, where is the justice in that?
                        Here is my LO...Sorry to blab...

and here are the elements I made and used...
                        Attached Files
                        I am a Designer 4 ScrapbookMax! Check out my STORE...Thanks!

Comment

• pkdoll
                          Scrap Guru
                          • Dec 2006

Ohhhh Wolvsie--so glad you got rid of the brute!! Where is the justice?? So many guys walk away from this kind of thing-and it was his ninth offense. Are they waiting for him to kill someone before they do anything??? This is a very good awareness for everyone! Nice page-the colors and everything, not the reason. You are with a good man now and I am happy for you.

Comment

• sacannon
                            MAX! Mastermind
                            • Aug 2006

I am glad you saw the light Wolvsie! I worked at a court and so many woman will press charges only to come back and drop them. Then the idiot goes free. Some times I think the women drop the charges because they are afraid they are going to get it worse the next time. Our court started not alowing charges just to be dropped that easy. It was required that both parties show up in court. Then sometimes it was only dropped if they went through a diversion type program. But we did get a lot of repeat offenders.

Excellant layout, just sorry that you had to go through that!
                            [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Comment

• Manatee25
                              Layout Whiz
                              • Mar 2007

Wolvsie I greatly admire you!! That was brave to post that but I am so glad you did. That is something we should all be aware of for sure!!!

The embies you made are fantastic and I LOVE the paper!!!! Great job!
                              Don't procrastinate being happy!
                              And don't procrastinate checking out my store!
                              Orange Blossom- new release
                              sigpic
                              My SBM store

Comment

Working...
                              X