+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Default October Challenge! Featuring Knzus!

Welcome to this month's "Designer Challenge"

Each month, a different designer will host a new challenge with specific rules and instructions and a freebie!

This month we have up to bat: Diana Carmichael aka Knzus!

Please visit my SBM store!

Do you mean OCTOBER challenge...???

Default OCTOBER 2007 Designer Challenge

LOL! Please excuse Julie...yes, she typed September -- we'll give her a break...some of us know what pregnancy can do to the brain.

Welcome to the Designer’s Challenge for the month of October 2007!

Instead of the usual autumn or Halloween themed layouts, we’re going to do something a little different. We are going to do layouts with a “cause” or “awareness” or “unusual/unique holiday” theme - but NOT Halloween or autumn related. For instance, October is….

Family History Month
    National Breast Cancer Awareness Month
    Domestic Violence Awareness Month
    National Dental Hygiene Month
    National Arts & Humanities Month
    National Work & Family Month
    National Car Care Month
    National Disability Employment Awareness Month
    National Popcorn Poppin’ Month

Also, we recognize the following in October:

Make A Difference Day (Oct. 27)
    National Folk Festival (Oct. 12-14)
    Columbus Day (Oct. 12)
    Fire Prevention Week (Oct 7-13)

The above are just to name a few and give you ideas. If you Google the words “October is” you will get 881,000,000 results; but you can narrow it down by using the terms “October is National” and you only get 548,000,000 results. Check out holidayinsights.com/moreholidays/october.htm for some bizarre and unique holidays.

So, your challenge requirements are:

1. Find a cause, awareness or unusual/unique holiday (NOT autumn or Halloween) theme for your layout. Yes, you may pick one that is near and dear to your own heart and important to you. But it MUST be recognized IN the month of OCTOBER. And yes, by all means, we want to see causes and unique holidays from around the world, wherever our SBM members live!

2. You must use AT LEAST FOUR (4) of the colors in the swatch and at least FOUR (4) of the freebies that I have provided (yes, you may use all of the freebies and all of the colors if you desire). You are to stick to the colors that the freebies are - meaning do NOT re-color them…the usual re-sizing, etc. is okay. You may use any other elements in your layout that you like (even those made by you), but you must adhere to the COLOR and FREEBIES requirements. (Color codes are provided on the swatch. The “HSL” means hue/saturation/lightness.)

3. Make your layout in ANY size that you prefer. You are not limited to only one layout…make as many as you want.

4. Upload your layout to this thread PLUS -- EITHER the extra elements that you made to go with it, OR a template of it to share with everyone (yes, you can provide both elements and template if you want, but it’s not required…one or the other is fine).

Remember to stick with the colors in the swatch and do not re-color the freebies. By the time the end of the month gets here, this ought to be a really colorful thread! So let’s see all the colors of the world! Have fun and enjoy your freebies!

If you have any problems or questions, just give a holler!

Freebie kit consists of: 1 600x600 paper (300 dpi), 1 square scalloped-edge vellum, 3 stars of different designs , 1 journaling element, and 1tag. Color swatch included.
    Attached Images
    Attached Files
    Diana

Be good to your favorite designer (I used to be one!) by LETTING THEM KNOW how much you appreciate their work!

wow what a challenge, I know a few crazy holidays celebrated in Australia, but will have to check exactly what month some of them are........off to do some detective work

My buddies are Angelwithin, omajo, babylicious36, all my memories. and Angle

Now this is really going to be a challenge. Will have to do some research on this and get some ideas. Hmmm. I have two weeks vacation this month too. National Sue's Vacation in October! That's it!.......Just kidding.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Did I hear you right??? National popcorn poppin month??? LOL
    Ohhh this is gonna be fun!!! Thanks Diana!!

My Buddies: Jazz, Smile, Sue, Eng and Eye "CHILLS", Poppabob, PKdoll, Onie, Pickngrin

Quote Originally Posted by crops2dawn View Post
    Did I hear you right??? National popcorn poppin month???...
    Yep, you heard right! The fellow who came up with that one, Dan Glickman, was born and raised here in Kansas and is well-known in the USA (you can Google his name and see the specifics...way too many to talk about here ).
    Diana

Be good to your favorite designer (I used to be one!) by LETTING THEM KNOW how much you appreciate their work!

Default National Fire prevention Month

That was hard! I used 4 colors. for the embies I used the star, the brackets, the velum and a Background color.

Attached Files

Wow this challenge is different. I think that it will be lots of fun to see what everyone comes up with. It sounds kinda cool and I love the colors-so that's half the battle.

My Buddies are Marion, Kimbob, Jazziel (RIP), Wolvsie35, Crops2dawn, Makeyesup, Kazr, Moonfairy, Moonlightpearl, and scrappyaggie48

WOW Marion-you are fast!! I love your LO! You always seem to have the right picture for everything. You are good girl!!!hahaha!

My Buddies are Marion, Kimbob, Jazziel (RIP), Wolvsie35, Crops2dawn, Makeyesup, Kazr, Moonfairy, Moonlightpearl, and scrappyaggie48