Groove Newsletter Contest October 2007: Sports (FREEBIES HERE!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Groove
    • Jun 2006

Celebrate Sports with The Groove!

The October 2007 issue of The Groove is here, and we're celebrating sports! Energy, excitement, and adrenaline – that’s what sports and recreation are all about! So dust off the running shoes, adjust your swim goggles, or hop on your bike…and then scrap a sporty scrapbook layout!

Click here to download the October 2007 issue of The Groove.

Or, read The Groove online at www.scrapbookgroove.com!

CONTEST DETAILS

This month's contest is called "Go, Team!”. Not only do we want you to enter a layout that celebrates sports and recreation, we're throwing in an added challenge: In your design, you have to use your TEAM COLORS in the layout’s background. Or, if you aren’t featuring a team or a uniform, use any TWO prominent colors in your background. Be creative, but remember to play by these simple "game rules"!

We will be honoring 3 winning layouts. The 1st place winner of the "Go,Team!" contest will receive a $20 gift certificate to the Scrapbook MAX! Booster Pack Store. Two runners-up will each receive an official Scrapbook MAX! mousepad.

To enter, publish your layout as a JPEG image at High Quality and Web/Email size, and upload it to the contest page. The deadline is Friday, October 26, 2007, 5:00 pm (CST).

We encourage you to reply to this thread after you enter the contest. Post a link to your entry and tell us a bit about it so we can all get in on the fun!

MONTHLY FREEBIE
    And now for everyone's favorite – THE MONTHLY FREEBIE, generously supplied by our "very own" Michelle McCoy!

Michelle uses her crafty sensibility to create fantastic kits for the Scrapbook MAX! Booster Pack Store. Here's what she says about her work: "My style in making kits vary from my needlepoint to the mood I'm in that particular day. I love to be creative and different. I add a personal touch involving myself in every kit I design."

The colorful freebies Michelle has shared this month are from her “Jazzie" Embellishment Pack #885. Her own words say it all: "My Jazzie Kit can be simply described by its title because the style and colors are festive and fun, which would "jazz" up any layout!”

You can buy the complete kit for only $5.00!

View more of Michelle's kits in the store!

Happy Scrappin' from The Groove!

Karin and Marnie

P.S. Not yet signed up for The Groove? Subscribe today!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Karin; 10-01-2007, 08:07 AM.
    The Groove Avatar made with embellishments found in our various Expansion Packs for Scrapbook MAX! 2.0
  • pkdoll
    Scrap Guru
    • Dec 2006

Thank you Wolvsie for the freebie. Sports theme---hmmmm I will have to think about this one. I don't really have any family in sports. I do have one or two pictures of my GS's playing baseball. This will be a challenge for me, that's for sure.

My Buddies are Marion, Kimbob, Jazziel (RIP), Wolvsie35, Crops2dawn, Makeyesup, Kazr, Moonfairy, Moonlightpearl, and scrappyaggie48

Comment

• pkdoll
      Scrap Guru
      • Dec 2006

Congratulations to the winners of last month!!!!! POPPABOB you won!@!! Very awesome LO-I love that bear LO! Well deserved! Congrats to momscorner and Wolvsie. Your LO's were awesome as well. You are all winners!!!!

My Buddies are Marion, Kimbob, Jazziel (RIP), Wolvsie35, Crops2dawn, Makeyesup, Kazr, Moonfairy, Moonlightpearl, and scrappyaggie48

Comment

• omajo
        Digi Sage
        • Dec 2006

Congratulations to the winners, Poppabob, Momscorner and Wolvsie, you all deserve it, fantastic layouts !!

My buddies: Nanwu, Moonlightpearl

Comment

• sacannon
          MAX! Mastermind
          • Aug 2006

Congrats to all the winners! And Great Profile Omajo! Also thanks for the Freebies Michelle.
          [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Comment

• nanwu
            Digi Sage
            • Apr 2007

congrats to last months winners, great layouts well deserved, thanks for the freebies wolvies, and nice to know a little more about one of my buddies omajo great profile

My buddies are Angelwithin, omajo, babylicious36, all my memories. and Angle

Comment

• wolvsie35
              MAX! Mastermind
              • Apr 2007

Thank you everyone and I hope you enjoy the little freebie...I felt colorful the day I made that kit...lol...<Wink> and I'm like you Doll, no one here does sports except for me and thats bowling...
              I am a Designer 4 ScrapbookMax! Check out my STORE...Thanks!

Comment

• poppabob
                Mad Scrapper
                • Jul 2006

Thanks and congratulations to everyone!
                -=poppabob=-
                If I slip and fall please get a hold of crops2dawn or OnieRN to pick me back up!

Comment

• sacannon
                  MAX! Mastermind
                  • Aug 2006

Originally posted by wolvsie35 View Post
                  Thank you everyone and I hope you enjoy the little freebie...I felt colorful the day I made that kit...lol...<Wink> and I'm like you Doll, no one here does sports except for me and thats bowling...
                  yeh, neither my hubby or I are into sports and we don't have kids so that's out for any photo's. I have a few of my great neice playing socker, but not the greatest pics because they are at a distance. I can try enlarging but don't know if they will blur. Will have to give it some thought .
                  [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Comment

• makeyesup
                    Digi Sage
                    • Jun 2006

Congrats to all the winners in this months magazine. It is well deserved by all. And thanks Michelle for the freebie.

My Buddies - pkdoll, Marion and CraftyScraps

&

Comment

• MomsCorner
                      • Sep 2006

Thank you

Thank you SBM and everyone! I love using the program and have enjoyed recently beginning to share my LO's with everyone. It was a complete surprise to be choosen. ~Kelly
                      Kelly ~Mom's Corner

Comment

• rosana brito
                        Digi Sage
                        • Jul 2006

Congratulations for the good performance of these girls!

That God blesses them more more and, so that to each day appears a new creation, all is extremely special for me!

Thanks you all

Kisses

ro

Comment

• mint
                          Layout Whiz
                          • Oct 2006

I love the kit thank you so much.
                          And I love all the winning pages. And there are some grate photos on them.
                          Mint

buddies are- angelwithin

Comment

• peggy bottger
                            • Feb 2007

Thank You.

Comment

• mint
                              Layout Whiz
                              • Oct 2006

I do have a question can we use our own stash or do we need to use the kit.I love it but it does not go with pictures I have.
                              Mint

buddies are- angelwithin

Comment

Working...
                              X