+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Question Were To Go To Print Out Pages??

I got a Question.
    Where can you go to get your Scrapbook pages printed out??
    My printer doesn't print out 12X12 or 8X8 Size.
    The biggest size is 11 1/2 by 8 1/2.

Binkey

Do you have a an option on your printer that you can set it to a custom page to print and then type in the dimensions of the page) Both of my printers have a custom setting and are able to print out 8x8" sizes on mine.

Can't do 12x12" but am not that worried (As I've read that12x12" can sometimes turn out to look a lot different then on the monitor because you choose a HUGE font size to make it look in proportion, and when it prints out, it's well, HUGE!)

If I want to print at home I print the 8x8 size on the 8 1/2 x 11 paper

I have also printed at staples and ordered online through winkflash
    (both 8x8)

Default web sits to print pages

I've found 2 online websites that you can upload your finished templates to and have them print 12x12 pages: sbtoshare.com and shinynickels.com

I just received sample pages from sbtoshare. They're very good. The photo on the page isn't as good of quality as an actual photo, but overall the page quality is very good. I haven't tried shinynickels. Both sites seem to be comparably priced.

Thumbs up 11 x 8.5 here

I have designed ALL my pages 11 1/2 x 8 size (landscape) and I am printing them out at home. I am so pleased with the finished product and I am able to put them into nice 8.5 x 11 albums. It is also very cost effective, as it is costing me approx, 65 cents a page (paper & Ink).

Default To be printed.

I had about 35 12x12 pages printed by sbtoshare and they turned out very nice on the glossy cardstock. I was happy with the quality, they came very fast and were reasonably prices considering what it would cost to buy embellishment and paper products or to print digital layouts at home.
    Quality wise, when you put them in a plastic sheet protector you can't even see the difference.

Marion

Thanks you guys for all of your help.. I really appriciate it..
    Binkey

glad i found this thread! I was going to ask the same thing!

I made a layout for my sister to give to her husband for fathers day and uploaded it to walgreens (8 by 10) and when she went to pick it up one of the pictures looked significantly different (darker) than it did on our monitors.

ANy of you had any experience with this?

My fear is that I would pay to print them them and then they would not look right? Has that happened to y'all>

And - Do most of you just do the 8*10 sizes and put them in regular sized books? Or do you do the 8*8 and trim them?

Thanks!
    Julie

if you print it in 8x8 with the scrapbook max format that will print onto a4 paper. then you can trim it easily to fit into an 8x8 album. i am halfway thru doing one of my wedding at the moment and its all turning out fantastically well. to print 12 x 12 i have been told by hewlett packard you MUST have an A3 printer. i havent found anywhere in oz that makes 12x12 photo paper so hp suggested i use a3 and cut it down (too much mucking around) so for now i am staying with the 8x8.