X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • amylynn83
    • Sep 2007

Saving on computer space?

I'm new to digital scrapbooking and have just begun to use Scrapbook Max. I've also been downloading freebies off of some sites on the Internet. The problem is that the software is taking up quite a bit of space on my hard drive. Is there a way to operate Scrapbook Max from the CD while preserving my downloads and saved scrapbook?
  • angelwithin
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Nov 2006

graphics take up a lot of memory space, most scrappers end up either buying an external drive (i have two now ) or placing all the kits onto cd's

hope that helps

fiona xx

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
    , Check out my store
    Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Comment

• wolvsie35
      MAX! Mastermind
      • Apr 2007

Ditto here, I have done both...Bought an external drive and placed alot of freebies on discs...lol...Welcome to the scrappin' world..<wink>
      I am a Designer 4 ScrapbookMax! Check out my STORE...Thanks!

Comment

• amylynn83
        • Sep 2007

I actually already have an external hard drive because I'm so paranoid about losing everything.

Do you store the entire scrapbook on the external drive or just the add-ons? And when you want to use them, how do you bring them up on Scrapbook Max? Click on the icon for the external hard drive? Is there a way to import add-ons that you don't want to save to the hard drive?

Thanks for your help!

Comment

• *eng*
          MAX! Mastermind
          • Apr 2006

External hrd drive.....highly recommend
          My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Comment

• AmeliasMuma
            Layout Whiz
            • Dec 2006

If I remember from what I have read on other threads about this, you have to have the scrapbook max program loaded on to your hard drive, it can't run from the CD or the external HD.

Someone will come and correct me if I'm wrong but think thats how it works.

I was buying a new printer yesterday and discovered my dream external HD ... a 1TB [Terabyte] .. thats 1000G ... wow. I want one
            Sue xx

sigpic Makeyesup and Marion are my Buddies

Relax, take it easy and enjoy.

Comment

Working...
            X