X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TinaElmerRh
    • Jun 2007

What paper do you use?

What paper do you use for printing? I was using photo paper and sometimes when I put it in a book it gets marks on looking like it is wet.
  • crops2dawn
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Jul 2006

Hello Tina, So nice of you to join us!! I personally like to use Matte photo paper. The glossy sometimes sticks to the protector, but I am sure you will get lots of other ideas.

My Buddies: Jazz, Smile, Sue, Eng and Eye "CHILLS", Poppabob, PKdoll, Onie, Pickngrin

Comment

• sacannon
      MAX! Mastermind
      • Aug 2006

I use both depending on the look I want. But the glossy does tend to stick like Crops says.
      [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Comment

• nanwu
        Digi Sage
        • Apr 2007

It depends on the page layout, I use a lot of matt photo paper, but sometimes the layout will look better in gloss or semi gloss. If I use gloss I usually leave them a day before putting them in a protector (this helps to prevent sticking)

My buddies are Angelwithin, omajo, babylicious36, all my memories. and Angle

Comment

• mint
          Layout Whiz
          • Oct 2006

I use both but like gloss but you do have to let it dry a day or 2 before putting tn the protectors. or it will stick it needs a longer dry time than mat.
          I like mat for 12x12 just looks nice oh and i have not found it in gloss ha ha
          Mint

buddies are- angelwithin

Comment

• angelwithin
            MAX! Mastermind
            • Nov 2006

ive started using textured card...make for a wonderful effect

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
            , Check out my store
            Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Comment

• MomsCorner
              • Sep 2006

Dry Time

Originally posted by nanwu View Post
              If I use gloss I usually leave them a day before putting them in a protector (this helps to prevent sticking)
              I use a premium glossy for most of my printing.

I let the page dry for about 1/2 hour then I place a sheet of plain printer paper on it. I usually print several at a sitting so after the initial dry time, I stack them photo, plain paper, photo and so on.

I then leave the stack for a good 36 hours before placing in protectors. I have had no trouble with sticking since doing it this way.

Hope this helps.
              Kelly ~Mom's Corner

Comment

• crops2dawn
                MAX! Mastermind
                • Jul 2006

Very Good idea MomsCorner!! I will have to give that a try someday. I would like to use glossy sometimes, heck, its cheaper too. But I will wait till it goes on sale.
                Angel... what kind do you use... the brazil paper?? I will have to try that too, never even thought about that.

My Buddies: Jazz, Smile, Sue, Eng and Eye "CHILLS", Poppabob, PKdoll, Onie, Pickngrin

Comment

• Helen Miller
                  Mad Scrapper
                  • Jun 2006

buy your photo paper at Sams club. I have used it for several years now and don't have trouble when I wait a day or two before putting it in the sheet protectors. I use a regular 3 ring binder, and I use the sheet protectors. have for years. but it sure works great with SBM.
                  Mickey

Mickey (Helen Miller)

Comment

• angelwithin
                    MAX! Mastermind
                    • Nov 2006

crops ive been using the linen look textured paper/card 80gsm it gives a lovely canvass effect when finished....have to print it on the slowest setting and highest photo quality though

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
                    , Check out my store
                    Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Comment

• sacannon
                      MAX! Mastermind
                      • Aug 2006

I have some canvas paper too. I only use it for special things. Not all the time. I used it for a fall picture and it came out looking like a painting.
                      [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Comment

• mint
                        Layout Whiz
                        • Oct 2006

I get my gloss paper at costco grate price.
                        Never thought of card stock. how does it stand up over time.
                        must try that
                        Mint

buddies are- angelwithin

Comment

• ChristineS
                          • Jul 2007

girls, one thing to seriously consider when you are printing at home is how the prints will stand up over time. To me, it's a total waste of ink and paper to print at home only to have the prints fade in a few years (and in the case of some printers and inks, a few MONTHS). I have a long article on this topic at my site - scrapquick.com
                          Christine Smith
                          Digital Designer
                          my designs: now available in the SBM! Store

Comment

• eye
                            MAX! Mastermind
                            • Jul 2006

Originally posted by ChristineS View Post
                            girls, one thing to seriously consider when you are printing at home is how the prints will stand up over time. To me, it's a total waste of ink and paper to print at home only to have the prints fade in a few years (and in the case of some printers and inks, a few MONTHS). I have a long article on this topic at my site - scrapquick.com
                            That is the reason why I do not print them.I get them done through scrapbook max as a picture layout so I will have these when I open a album in years to come.I never did trust printing them.Maybe somedaythey improve them but until then I will use the one here.By the way they do an excellent job.
                            sigpic
                            My Buddies -- Sue, Smiles, Jazzereal, Eng, Crops, Terry & Wolvsie35 , Onie, Marion, Jenna's Mommy, All My Memories, Winnie49, Tiffanys Scraps, Grannywin,emst

Comment

Working...
                            X