+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default What paper do you use?

What paper do you use for printing? I was using photo paper and sometimes when I put it in a book it gets marks on looking like it is wet.

Hello Tina, So nice of you to join us!! I personally like to use Matte photo paper. The glossy sometimes sticks to the protector, but I am sure you will get lots of other ideas.

My Buddies: Jazz, Smile, Sue, Eng and Eye "CHILLS", Poppabob, PKdoll, Onie, Pickngrin

I use both depending on the look I want. But the glossy does tend to stick like Crops says.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

It depends on the page layout, I use a lot of matt photo paper, but sometimes the layout will look better in gloss or semi gloss. If I use gloss I usually leave them a day before putting them in a protector (this helps to prevent sticking)

My buddies are Angelwithin, omajo, babylicious36, all my memories. and Angle

I use both but like gloss but you do have to let it dry a day or 2 before putting tn the protectors. or it will stick it needs a longer dry time than mat.
    I like mat for 12x12 just looks nice oh and i have not found it in gloss ha ha
    Mint

buddies are- angelwithin

ive started using textured card...make for a wonderful effect

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
    :
    Check out my store
    Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Default Dry Time

Quote Originally Posted by nanwu View Post
    If I use gloss I usually leave them a day before putting them in a protector (this helps to prevent sticking)
    I use a premium glossy for most of my printing.

I let the page dry for about 1/2 hour then I place a sheet of plain printer paper on it. I usually print several at a sitting so after the initial dry time, I stack them photo, plain paper, photo and so on.

I then leave the stack for a good 36 hours before placing in protectors. I have had no trouble with sticking since doing it this way.

Hope this helps.
    Kelly ~Mom's Corner

Very Good idea MomsCorner!! I will have to give that a try someday. I would like to use glossy sometimes, heck, its cheaper too. But I will wait till it goes on sale.
    Angel... what kind do you use... the brazil paper?? I will have to try that too, never even thought about that.

My Buddies: Jazz, Smile, Sue, Eng and Eye "CHILLS", Poppabob, PKdoll, Onie, Pickngrin

buy your photo paper at Sams club. I have used it for several years now and don't have trouble when I wait a day or two before putting it in the sheet protectors. I use a regular 3 ring binder, and I use the sheet protectors. have for years. but it sure works great with SBM.
    Mickey

Mickey (Helen Miller)

crops ive been using the linen look textured paper/card 80gsm it gives a lovely canvass effect when finished....have to print it on the slowest setting and highest photo quality though

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
    :
    Check out my store
    Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."