X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LSignal
    • Jul 2007

External Hard drive

Can anyone give recommendations for a good external hard drive? It doesn't need to be really small, because I don't intend to move it around. Efficient, quick access is my main priority, and of course, price.
    Thanks
    Linda
    Linda
    My buddies are twpclerk & moonlightpearl
  • srussell
    Digi Sage
    • Feb 2006

Iomega makes a great product
    sigpic
    Visit my aisle in the SBM store!
    My buddies are Granny, Moonbeam and Wolvsie35!

Comment

• Gus876
      • Apr 2007

I've a 250g external hard drive. I think is it a Seagate and it is definitely 7200 RPM which is much faster than the 5400RPM ones.
      It was very easy to install - just plugged it into a USB slot and gave it a name. Now it just appears as Drive G under My Computer just like the internal hard drive which is Drive C.
      Trish

Comment

• *eng*
        MAX! Mastermind
        • Apr 2006

I have a 320gb Maxtor but it's old in techie time, about 2 or 3 years. I do recommend Maxtor though.
        My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Comment

• mint
          Layout Whiz
          • Oct 2006

I also have the Maxtor it is not a big thing but has lots of space.and i have never had a proublem with it.
          Mint

buddies are- angelwithin

Comment

• pkdoll
            Scrap Guru
            • Dec 2006

I too have a seagate, but I believe it's only a 160GB. But the prongs on the plug in part on the back of the unit bent down in-so I had to buy a new casing for it. Was very disappointed about that. If you go to tiger direct they often times have sales on them and you can pick them up relatively cheap. That's where my computer techie guy gets his from. I found that out after I bought mine from a local Walmart.

My Buddies are Marion, Kimbob, Jazziel (RIP), Wolvsie35, Crops2dawn, Makeyesup, Kazr, Moonfairy, Moonlightpearl, and scrappyaggie48

Comment

Working...
            X