+ Reply to Thread

Default Please help a newbie with shape masks

Hi there... I'm new to this site. I started scrapbooking when my oldest daughter was born 5 years ago, but found it was too messy. I started using picaboo about 2 years ago, but found it wasn't detailed enough. I'm really hoping that this program will be a great combination of the two, I've been looking for something like this for a long time!

My question is about masks. I'm not getting it... How do I "apply" the mask to my image. I'm just trying to get a circle shape into some of my pages, it seems like it should be easy. I downloaded some of the masks available from this site into my Max! program, but now I don't know how to apply the shape to my paper... I searched this site to see if I could find the answer, I'm sure it's here somewhere... All the posts just say to "apply" them. What does that mean? How do I do that, step by step? Thanks.

Hi

welcome to the addictive world of scrapbook max

ok to use a mask/shape

open a paper scrap > stretch roughly to the size you want > right click on the paper scrap > tick check custom shape > change shape > find the mask/shape you wish to use > ok > click shadow if you want > ok > stretch to fit the area you want it in

hope that helps

fiona xx

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
    :
    Check out my store
    Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

If you downloaded some masks from this thread area, where did you put them. They need to go in the shape folder.
    C:>ProgramFiles>ScrapbookMax>Gallery>Image>Shapes

Shapes also has a few subfolders, but that is just an organizational tool. Also, If you want a true circle with a shape, you need to start with a square paper size or photo. You can also crop a photo to square size in the program.

Glad to see you converted to digital and left the paste on the shelf. I think you will enjoy digital. Looking forward to seeing your first upload.

You will love digital and get the hang of it soon. bet your circle downloaded to the wrong file. look in c and move it to shape.
    Welcome to sbn
    Mint

buddies are- angelwithin