Groove Newsletter Contest August 2007: Friends Forever (FREEBIES HERE!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Groove
    • Jun 2006

Groove Newsletter Contest August 2007: Friends Forever (FREEBIES HERE!)

Celebrate Friends with The Groove!

The August 2007 issue of The Groove is here, and we're celebrating friends! We all know that there's nothing like a great friend. Why not hunt through your photos for those pics that remind you of the joy of friendship, and scrap a fab tribute to your best of friends!

To download the August 2007 issue of The Groove (pdf), click here. Or, if you would rather read it online, visit scrapbookgroove.com.

CONTEST DETAILS
    This month's contest is called "Friends Are Like Rainbows...". Not only do we want you to enter a layout that celebrates friendship, we're throwing in an added challenge: In your design, you must either:

A) Use the seven colors of the rainbow: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet. (Don't worry - different shades of purple will suffice for the "indigo" and "violet" requirements!)

OR

B) Creatively complete the phrase "Friends Are Like Rainbows..." in journal text or in a caption (e.g., Friends Are Like Rainbows, Follow Them And You'll Find Gold!)

OR

C) Incorporate both of the challenges above!

We will be honoring 3 winning layouts. The 1st place winner of the "Friends Are Like Rainbows..." contest will receive a $20 gift certificate to the Scrapbook MAX! Booster Pack Store. Two runners-up will each receive an official Scrapbook MAX! mousepad.

To enter, publish your layout as a JPEG image at High Quality and Web/Email size, and upload it to the contest page. The deadline is Monday, August 27, 2007, 5:00pm (CST).

We encourage you to reply to this thread after you enter the contest. Post a link to your entry and tell us a bit about it so we can all get in on the fun!

MONTHLY FREEBIE
    And now for everyone's favorite – THE MONTHLY FREEBIE, generously supplied by our "very own" Esther Barry!

Esther creates lovely kits for the Scrapbook MAX! Booster Pack Store. Here's what she says about her work: "Soft as an easy chair... That's what I aim for in my style. Soft colors, gentle themes. I hope I'm growing in that direction! ''

The elegant freebies Esther has shared this month are from her "Spring Has Sprung #170" kit- you can buy the complete kit for only $3.99! "Spring is the time for rebirth, blossoming, and hope. I hope these pieces inspire you to created your own Celebration to Life album!" - Esther

Click here to view more of Esther's kits in the store!

Happy Scrappin' from The Groove!

Karin and Marnie

P.S. Not yet signed up for The Groove? Click here to subscribe.
    Attached Files
    The Groove Avatar made with embellishments found in our various Expansion Packs for Scrapbook MAX! 2.0
  • makeyesup
    Digi Sage
    • Jun 2006

Congrats to all who are portrayed this month.

My Buddies - pkdoll, Marion and CraftyScraps

&

Comment

• sacannon
      MAX! Mastermind
      • Aug 2006

Ditto, Congrats to all the talented people.
      [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Comment

• wolvsie35
        MAX! Mastermind
        • Apr 2007

Thanks Granny to the wonderful freebies....Love your stuff...

Now to come up with a winning page for this contest...Have to beat WIZ...lol...
        I am a Designer 4 ScrapbookMax! Check out my STORE...Thanks!

Comment

• wolvsie35
          MAX! Mastermind
          • Apr 2007

First LO w/ freebies

I guess I will be the first to list my first LO for this contest...and word of warning WIZ, this probably won't be my last...I love rainbows...<wink>
          I turned my family into raindrops...You can choose your friends, but your family is always here to stay...
          Hope you all like it...
          I enclosed the brads I made from EYE's papers for the grabbing...Didn't know if I could do that in this thread...If we are not suppose too...tell me and slap me later...lol...

Attached Files

Comment

• AmeliasMuma
            Layout Whiz
            • Dec 2006

LOL Wolvsie .... i'm sure its ok to post here.
            Sue xx

sigpic Makeyesup and Marion are my Buddies

Relax, take it easy and enjoy.

Comment

• sacannon
              MAX! Mastermind
              • Aug 2006

Originally posted by wolvsie35 View Post
              I guess I will be the first to list my first LO for this contest...and word of warning WIZ, this probably won't be my last...I love rainbows...<wink>
              I turned my family into raindrops...You can choose your friends, but your family is always here to stay...
              Hope you all like it...
              I enclosed the brads I made from EYE's papers for the grabbing...Didn't know if I could do that in this thread...If we are not suppose too...tell me and slap me later...lol...

http://www.scrapbookmax.com/gallery/...14842&cat=1901
              Don't know whether or not it is, but I am snatching those brads!

Your layout is ingenious Wolvsie. Love the pics in the raindrops!
              [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Comment

• Granny
                MAX! Mastermind
                • Mar 2006

Me too, me too, I snatched them all!!!!! They are gorgeous, and what a beautiful, happy layout!!! Love it.

Thanks for the kind words, Wolvsie, and for "your" wonderful goodies!!!

sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

Comment

• mswizard
                  Digi Sage
                  • Mar 2007

Originally posted by wolvsie35 View Post
                  Thanks Granny to the wonderful freebies....Love your stuff...

Now to come up with a winning page for this contest...Have to beat WIZ...lol...
                  OHHHH You done did it now GF!!! This means WAR!!!!

My Bud's 'R' Marion, Verleen and Jormanoy
                  Love is not blind. It sees more not less and because it sees more, it's willing to see less.

Comment

• wolvsie35
                    MAX! Mastermind
                    • Apr 2007

Originally posted by mswizard View Post
                    OHHHH You done did it now GF!!! This means WAR!!!!
                    BRING IT ON GIRLFRIEND!!!!!!!!

<wink> How I love competition...lol...
                    I'm one step a head of you...hehehehehehehehehe...

Comment

• wolvsie35
                      MAX! Mastermind
                      • Apr 2007

Here Ye! Here Ye!

This thread sure is quiet and for some reason it is bugging me...lol...So I am hoping this will help...I made 20 rainbow papers and 2 word art elements to play around with...(WIZ...Use some...lol) I posted the free paper pack in our embellishment forum...Didn't want to post it twice...Go get them and get scrappin'. Then again.....never mind, I don't mind winning...ROFL!!!!!!! <wink>
                      Here is the screenshot....If interested....

*Going to make some more pages*
                      Attached Files

Comment

• sacannon
                        MAX! Mastermind
                        • Aug 2006

Thanks Wolvsie, I am working on a layout, just haven't finised it yet.
                        [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Comment

• wolvsie35
                          MAX! Mastermind
                          • Apr 2007

2nd LO added...

I had a blast making this one...More info in gallery...
                          He is my best friend and a hottie one at that!!!!!! LOL
                          Attached Files

Comment

• sacannon
                            MAX! Mastermind
                            • Aug 2006

Wow, he is a cutie. Lucky you! Are you making me go back to the drawing board now??? Great layout!
                            [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Comment

• pkdoll
                              Scrap Guru
                              • Dec 2006

These are all great! Everyone is doing a great job.

My Buddies are Marion, Kimbob, Jazziel (RIP), Wolvsie35, Crops2dawn, Makeyesup, Kazr, Moonfairy, Moonlightpearl, and scrappyaggie48

Comment

Working...
                              X