Can I use SBM for downloads from other sites?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • butter07
    • Jul 2007

Can I use SBM for downloads from other sites?

I am new to this (obviously) and I have searched and searched for an answer. I have downloaded from Shabby Princess and would like to use some of her free stuff, as well as a purchased kit. Can I use SBM to do this?? Any other suggestions? Thank you!
    Last edited by butter07; 07-29-2007, 09:57 PM.
  • spanielmom
    Layout Whiz
    • Nov 2006

Yes most definately. Just unzip the downloaded files and use the drag and drop method of SBM to place them on your layouts. The only thing from other sites that can not be used are what other sites call templates (SBM calls masks). Usually they are PSD or PSP or PSE formats. These can not be used unless you have those programs.

Comment

• mint
      Layout Whiz
      • Oct 2006

What I did was make a kit folder on my computer where its easy to find then open it and minimize it, then open max to the page you wont to use it on.
      I start with a blank page. Then drag the thing you wont over to the page from your folder
      If you cant get it to do what you wont it to like change the color or shape then drag it over in a different thing like background sticks it to the paper. and photo you can crop. just play with them tell you get the desired shape. you can remove the aspects to get a shape but only on things you don't care if it stretches the design.
      just play with it. Hope this helps
      Mint

buddies are- angelwithin

Comment

• Marti
        • Jul 2007

Downloads From Other Sites

Originally posted by mint View Post
        What I did was make a kit folder on my computer where its easy to find then open it and minimize it, then open max to the page you wont to use it on.
        I start with a blank page. Then drag the thing you wont over to the page from your folder
        If you cant get it to do what you wont it to like change the color or shape then drag it over in a different thing like background sticks it to the paper. and photo you can crop. just play with them tell you get the desired shape. you can remove the aspects to get a shape but only on things you don't care if it stretches the design.
        just play with it. Hope this helps

I have tons of folders with all kinds of things I've downloaded from the internet in my computer. When you say you made a "kit folder on your computer",where is the kit folder located in your computer in order for you to drag the item you want from that kit folder to your blank SBM page? All of my folders containing downloaded images, like papers and elements, reside in "My Documents" in a folder named "Scrapbooking". But I can't figure out how to drag an item from one of those folders to a blank SBM page? I'm obviously missing something. Thanks so much! Marti

Comment

• Marion
          MAX! Mastermind
          • Feb 2006

Hi Marti, If I understand her, this is what she means, and this is how I do it.
          You create your own folder. Name it whatever you want, in her case the folder is called "kits" but you can name it anything you want.
          Then store whatever you want from your (downloaded) stuff in that folder.
          When you are going to make a page with SBM from a blank page, make your SBM window smaller, open the folder that contains your "stuff" that you want to use and then drag whatever you want from your folder onto your blank SBM page. I hope I made it easy enough to understand.

Marion

Comment

• butter07
            • Jul 2007

To be more specific, I really want to use something from Shabby Princess. Have any of you ever used that? Can I only use the papers, embellishments and fonts? But not the albums? Getting started is SO confusing!!! Also if I download templates from other sites, how do put pictures on the pages?
            Last edited by butter07; 07-30-2007, 08:46 PM.

Comment

• Marti
              • Jul 2007

Downloads From Other Sites

Originally posted by Marion View Post
              Hi Marti, If I understand her, this is what she means, and this is how I do it.
              You create your own folder. Name it whatever you want, in her case the folder is called "kits" but you can name it anything you want.
              Then store whatever you want from your (downloaded) stuff in that folder.
              When you are going to make a page with SBM from a blank page, make your SBM window smaller, open the folder that contains your "stuff" that you want to use and then drag whatever you want from your folder onto your blank SBM page. I hope I made it easy enough to understand.

Marion
              Yes, that does help, Marion, thank you. I do have one associated problem, though. All of my own elements are in a png format, but some of them are coming over to my SBM layout with the white/black background attached, even though the background is not attached when I use the same element in another program. Is there a way to delete the white/black background that surrounds an image in SBM?

Comment

• mint
                Layout Whiz
                • Oct 2006

I use shabby princes all the time. I have my folder located in my photos with the photo folders. That way I can use bought with out looking for them. I have never got an album so I cant help you there.
                but I have got lots of pages drag them over as photos then resize by dragging from corner.Add photo in back or on top .
                You cant move things around like you could with max you could add things you wont to.
                Probably sounds confusing but you will get it.
                Mint

buddies are- angelwithin

Comment

Working...
                X