• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AmeliasMuma
    Layout Whiz
    • Dec 2006

Prayers needed for Tom

Hi everyone,

I've got bad news, my partner Tom had to go to hospital today. He came home after a night shift and when he started talking I could not understand a word he was saying. So when I got out of bed and looked at his face I saw it was droopy on the left side. Yes he was having a stroke. I still don't think it has hit me yet. Kinda feel numb ya know.

Luckily we acted quickly, the neighbors took Amy until one of Toms aunts could pick her up but we got him in to the hospital within the 3 hours needed for the clot busters to be used. His face droop and speech improved greatly over the day and he can move his arm a great deal better than in the morning.

The Doctor told me that the stroke was still happening as they did the angiogram and they could see the clot being broken down. He also added that it was in the area of some pretty critical hardware and had we not got him to hospital in time, there is a very high chance he would be dead. The nurses prayed with us in the ER and I believe God watched over him because Tom is doing so much better than I hoped.

Ok thats done it, I can't stop crying [think thats good] I was so scared this morning. So so scared. I would like to ask for some prayers for Tom, to help him get better. He'll be in hospital for at least 4 days [they don't do tests over the weekend]. Then we'll see how he goes from there. He may be released or he may have to go to the rehab ward for a few weeks. It all depends.

Sorry I seem to have gone on for a bit. I'll talk to you guys later but please don't worry if I am away for a little bit. I will pop in and tell you how things are going.

Love you guys
    Sue xx
    Sue xx

sigpic Makeyesup and Marion are my Buddies

Relax, take it easy and enjoy.

• crops2dawn
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Jul 2006

Ohhhh Mummmmmma, what a terrible time you are going through!!! My prayers are with you, Tom and your family!!!! Thank God you got him to the hospital in time!! I can't believe they dont do testing on the weekend!!! Suppose it happened on a weekend??? that just makes me soooo angry!!!
    But I happy to hear he is doing alot better!! My best friends Mom just had one 2 months ago, its a long recovery but she is doing great!!! So that is some reassurance for ya! You take care of yourself!! Get plenty of rest too cause he is gonna need you lots when he comes home!!!

My Buddies: Jazz, Smile, Sue, Eng and Eye "CHILLS", Poppabob, PKdoll, Onie, Pickngrin

Comment

• makeyesup
      Digi Sage
      • Jun 2006

My prayers are certainly with you and Tom. Keep strong for him, he will surely need that so he does not get depressed. Know those tears will flow a lot. Hope that you can manage a smile as you sit with him.

My Buddies - pkdoll, Marion and CraftyScraps

&

Comment

• angelwithin
        MAX! Mastermind
        • Nov 2006

Sue

sending love, prayers and healing to Tom and you

stay strong hunny xxx

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
        , Check out my store
        Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Comment

• eye
          MAX! Mastermind
          • Jul 2006

Best thing was to get him there within the 3 hours. That needle with that stuff works good. He will bounce back.I seen some who has come into hospital and once they got that miracle needle then they started to get better.You are some smart cookie to realize he was stroking. I know he will be okay as he has so many prayers sent your way. Keep us informed and remember we luv yah.
          Crying is good for yah as God gave us these windows to open and clean our soul. We need to open them and let all inside of us come out in tears.We then can cope. So anytime write me I am here for yah xo xo.
          Last edited by eye; 07-20-2007, 07:42 PM.
          sigpic
          My Buddies -- Sue, Smiles, Jazzereal, Eng, Crops, Terry & Wolvsie35 , Onie, Marion, Jenna's Mommy, All My Memories, Winnie49, Tiffanys Scraps, Grannywin,emst

Comment

• mswizard
            Digi Sage
            • Mar 2007

Oh Muma, how awful for you! You and Tome will certainly be in my prayers! Big hugs coming your way as well!

My Bud's 'R' Marion, Verleen and Jormanoy
            Love is not blind. It sees more not less and because it sees more, it's willing to see less.

Comment

• Kazr
              Layout Whiz
              • Mar 2006

Dear Sue
              I am also praying for Tom to recover from his stroke, thank goodness you were able to get him to the hospital in that critical time,it makes such a difference.It is perfectly natural for the tears to flow,& letting them out will help you deal with the times when you have to be strong for Tom.I think its disgusting they don't continue tests on the weekend & good luck with Tom's progress,will pop in to see how you are both doing.
              hugs Karyn.

Comment

• DGehman
                • Jul 2007

Prayers for you, and a good thing you're at a competent hospital, and that you recognized what was going on. The strength and ability to communicate that you've shown, handling the situation while still seeing that your child was cared for, is good - Tom's lucky to have such a solid partner.

Comment

• wolvsie35
                  MAX! Mastermind
                  • Apr 2007

Sue,
                  The family and I sat down and said a prayer for you and Tom...I hope his recovery is positive...just remember, you have alot of friends here...Best wishes to you and your family....
                  I am a Designer 4 ScrapbookMax! Check out my STORE...Thanks!

Comment

• pkdoll
                    Scrap Guru
                    • Dec 2006

Muma I am so sad to hear your news. Wishing you well and wishing Tom a speedy recovery. It's very good that you reacted as quickly as you did, that means so very much in these situations. So many people don't know to do that-we need more education out there so others know the signs. I'm praying for you, Tom and your family.

My Buddies are Marion, Kimbob, Jazziel (RIP), Wolvsie35, Crops2dawn, Makeyesup, Kazr, Moonfairy, Moonlightpearl, and scrappyaggie48

Comment

• sacannon
                      MAX! Mastermind
                      • Aug 2006

Oh Muma, so sorry to hear this but I am glad you acted fast. That was the best thing to do. I will sure have Tom, you and your family in my thoughts.
                      [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Comment

• *eng*
                        MAX! Mastermind
                        • Apr 2006

Sorry to read your news Muma. Thinking of you. I had one in 20021, My speech was gobbledygook, my mouth was droopy, I couldn't use one arm and one leg. I had other problems as well and my children and family, including my Dad (who I hardly have seen) were all round my hospital bed. I knew I would be lucky to go home. I did though and here I am....................and don't you all know it!!!!! I'm sure Tom will recover too and he has you to help him, what more could he ask for. Good luck Muma x
                        My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Comment

• jazzieal
                          Digi Sage
                          • Sep 2006

Muma my thoughts and prayers will be with Tom and you...thank goodness you knew what to do..glad the treatment is helping him and pray he will soon be well...
                          My Buddy's Are Crops2dawn, Sue, Eye, Eng, Smiley, Kimbob, PKDoll and Autistic Wonder

Visit my Blog http://wordstodelite.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Granny
                            MAX! Mastermind
                            • Mar 2006

Muma, I'm so sorry to hear about Tom. And grateful that you knew what to do right away. You saved his life!!!!!

Here is my shoulder, cry on it all you want. Then drop by the town's fountain, we'll gather there to confort each other and give you support!!!

sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

Comment

• AmeliasMuma
                              Layout Whiz
                              • Dec 2006

I knew coming to this site and becoming a member of the family was the right thing to do. I am glad I am able to pray for those who need it and I now totally understand what a comfort those prayers are.

You are such beautiful people, when I come here I feel secure. Its like I have a 100 arms hugging me tight and lifting enough weight to let me see a head of myself instead of being buried. Tom called me last night to see if I was ok and I let him know that you are all praying for him and thinking of him. His reply made me smile .. He said "I know and thank them for me". So thank you, your prayers are giving us great comfort.
                              Sue xx

sigpic Makeyesup and Marion are my Buddies

Relax, take it easy and enjoy.

Comment

Working...
                              X