• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mamabear72
    • Jul 2007

Newbie with so many ?s

Okay, here goes...

#1 When I download a free template here can I change things in it, can I copy & paste frames, graphics, ribbons or move things around?

#2 When I purchase a package/kit and it says it has 2 background, 2 ribbons, etc...Are the graphics only good for one page or do I have access to them unlimited times...ie.
    will I only be able to use my 2 ribbons once? Will they always be in my SM gallery?

#3 If I have templates and kits, paper, add-ons I've purchased and downloaded online from websites OTHER than SM can they be incorporated into SM? (I don't have any type of editing program) but some really cute paper packs I bought because I couldn't resist them!

Thank you sooooo much!!!
  • OnieRN
    Scrap Guru
    • May 2006

Originally posted by mamabear72 View Post
    Okay, here goes...

#1 When I download a free template here can I change things in it, can I copy & paste frames, graphics, ribbons or move things around?

#2 When I purchase a package/kit and it says it has 2 background, 2 ribbons, etc...Are the graphics only good for one page or do I have access to them unlimited times...ie.
    will I only be able to use my 2 ribbons once? Will they always be in my SM gallery?

#3 If I have templates and kits, paper, add-ons I've purchased and downloaded online from websites OTHER than SM can they be incorporated into SM? (I don't have any type of editing program) but some really cute paper packs I bought because I couldn't resist them!

Thank you sooooo much!!!

MamaBear, your going to love this!!!! SBM is the best program available. It's easy to use and easy to combine with other scrapbook embellishments, backgrounds, and shapes.

I will answer your questions: #1 You may move everything around and change them to your hearts delight. Some may be locked so you will need to right click if they don't move to unlock them. #2 The embellishments, ribbons are yours to keep and you can use them all you want. #3 SBM is able to accept/incorporate from other sites. The sites are usually in jpeg etc, which can be used in SBM. SBM is able to accept other popular formates.
    sigpic OWNER OF THE B&B in SCRAPSVILLE

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
    !

nie

Comment

• mint
      Layout Whiz
      • Oct 2006

I have been known to start with a template and only keep the layout and change ecerything on it. Got to love it.
      Mint

buddies are- angelwithin

Comment

• wolvsie35
        MAX! Mastermind
        • Apr 2007

Mamabear, I was the same way when I first bought this program...lol...So I feel for you...First off, everything you get from here, either store bought or free, you can use as many times as you want to use it....Stuff you got from other places, you can use as well in this program...Just remember where you put it and add it in....
        Words of advice, so you know who to give credit too when credit is needed, is to make folders with their names on and add their stuff to the appropriate folder...Hope this helps some...
        I am a Designer 4 ScrapbookMax! Check out my STORE...Thanks!

Comment

• mamabear72
          • Jul 2007

Thank you for your help. I'm so excited now that I can use my other paper etc. with SM
          How do I add my papers to the SM program?
          And yes, I will definately make folders with the creators name...Great idea!!!!
          Kristen

Comment

• wolvsie35
            MAX! Mastermind
            • Apr 2007

Hi,

Depending on where you have your files, it is fairly easy...Open your program, click on the embellishment heart or paper scrap icon...You will get a screen with all the SBM stuff, instead, click the browse button at the botton left of that screen...There you can find your files, double click on what you want, and it automatically puts it on your page...Size as needed, etc... Hope this helps...
            I am a Designer 4 ScrapbookMax! Check out my STORE...Thanks!

Comment

• eye
              MAX! Mastermind
              • Jul 2006

Originally posted by mamabear72 View Post
              Thank you for your help. I'm so excited now that I can use my other paper etc. with SM
              How do I add my papers to the SM program?
              And yes, I will definately make folders with the creators name...Great idea!!!!
              Kristen
              My stuff is free and you need not worry to make a folder. I do not need credits.I give from my heart.xoWelcome.I was in another place and what a time to give freebees away. They want samples in jpeg so people can see what they are downloading. Guess what they cannot see as they are png. but they will just have to peek won't they. Hard to give away ha ha. Scrapbook Max is the tops.
              sigpic
              My Buddies -- Sue, Smiles, Jazzereal, Eng, Crops, Terry & Wolvsie35 , Onie, Marion, Jenna's Mommy, All My Memories, Winnie49, Tiffanys Scraps, Grannywin,emst

Comment

• MaggieMae
                Digi Sage
                • May 2006

If you want to use things other than what comes with SBM! you just go to the bottom of the menu where it says "browse" and then find your items in My Pictures or wherever you store them and double-click and they're in!!
                Julie

Comment

• *eng*
                  MAX! Mastermind
                  • Apr 2006

You'll be an expert in no time
                  My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Comment

• mint
                    Layout Whiz
                    • Oct 2006

If all that clicking and browsing gets to be to much just make a folder on your computer in documents call it kits put all your other stuff in it.(i also have my photoes at the same place). then open it to the kit you wont minimize the page open max to the page hold down left mouse button drag over what you wont for the page. leave both programs open so you can go back to the kit you are using.
                    if you use a thing more than one time copy and past even if its a different page.
                    you will get a window with photo,embellishments,page scraps ,backgrounds. background past it down to your page so if you wont to move it don't use that. photo or page scrap you can move . you can crop and resize and re color just like any thing you get in max.
                    it a grate program that is user friendly.
                    Mint

buddies are- angelwithin

Comment

• AmeliasMuma
                      Layout Whiz
                      • Dec 2006

Once I found the drag n drop method I hardly use any other method to get things into a LO. I open my scrapbook folder and resize it to about 1/4 of my screen then open and resize scrapbook max to 3/4 of my screen. Pick up what I want from windows explorer drag it and drop it into the SBM screen. Saves me loads of time.

All I would add on to what others have said is if you want to give any templates away make sure you don't have other peoples work in there. It must be your own work or taken from pages that already come with SBM [as we are doing in the July mid month challenge].
                      Sue xx

sigpic Makeyesup and Marion are my Buddies

Relax, take it easy and enjoy.

Comment

Working...
                      X