• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mamabear72
    • Jul 2007

Help...Jpeg or Bitmap?

Hello all,
    I'm brand new to SM and have a big question...
    All my photos are on shutterfly so I need to go there
    and "save as" to my computer to get my photos. My question is Should I save as a Jpeg or Bitmap file?

Also...Can I create my pages in 8x8 format then upload them
    to the costo photo website an just have them printed out as 12x12 Will it change the quality? It just takes my computer so long to create in the 12x12 mode, I'm trying to find a faster way.

I don't know if we're allowed to email each other directly but
    if thats an option my email is [email protected]

Thank you everyone!
  • eye
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Jul 2006

Originally posted by mamabear72 View Post
    Hello all,
    I'm brand new to SM and have a big question...
    All my photos are on shutterfly so I need to go there
    and "save as" to my computer to get my photos. My question is Should I save as a Jpeg or Bitmap file?

Also...Can I create my pages in 8x8 format then upload them
    to the costo photo website an just have them printed out as 12x12 Will it change the quality? It just takes my computer so long to create in the 12x12 mode, I'm trying to find a faster way.

I don't know if we're allowed to email each other directly but
    if thats an option my email is [email protected]

Thank you everyone!
    I like jpeg. All my photos are Jpeg.

I have tried many places to develop 12x12 and they ruined them but this site has a place to get them developed and they do an excellent job.Just look up above in the header and look for order prints. You will be pleased with them.
    Good luck.
    sigpic
    My Buddies -- Sue, Smiles, Jazzereal, Eng, Crops, Terry & Wolvsie35 , Onie, Marion, Jenna's Mommy, All My Memories, Winnie49, Tiffanys Scraps, Grannywin,emst

Comment

• *eng*
      MAX! Mastermind
      • Apr 2006

Yep jpeg for me too
      My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Comment

• Granny
        MAX! Mastermind
        • Mar 2006

Bmps take a lot of memory. They are very big files. Jpgs and pngs are the standar pretty much right now. Unless you're a professional photographer with special needs, you should not use bmps.

As far as the page size, you can always downsize and the images will look good, but if you try to make the images larger than they are, they will not look good. Is always better to make larger and then downsize.

But, please, don't take my word for any of the above, I just like to talk, I'm a yakadactal.

The gurus here will help you shortly.

sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

Comment

• pkdoll
          Scrap Guru
          • Dec 2006

Granny you forgot the "d" in standard. Just thought you might want to know hehe.

My Buddies are Marion, Kimbob, Jazziel (RIP), Wolvsie35, Crops2dawn, Makeyesup, Kazr, Moonfairy, Moonlightpearl, and scrappyaggie48

Comment

pkdoll---I think Granny only wanted spelling corrections pointed out on her layouts, not her posts!

Comment

• mint
              Layout Whiz
              • Oct 2006

If shutterfly will put them on disk and send them to you it would be best. I find downloading them leaves a lot to be desired in quality.
              Mint

buddies are- angelwithin

Comment

• Granny
                MAX! Mastermind
                • Mar 2006

Ops, sorry! I "hate" English... Not that I'm any better at Spanish!

Thank you for the correction. Is the best way to learn.

Calkacky... Thank you for defending me. Pkdoll is a slave driver!!!

sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

Comment

• OnieRN
                  Scrap Guru
                  • May 2006

Question???

You mentioned that you had photos on SHUTTERFLY.....my cousin sent me a link to her albums with family pics on Shutterfly 2 weeks ago. I tried to find a way to save them but they were in a different format. How do you do save them into .jpeg? I also prefer working with jpeg files!

sigpic OWNER OF THE B&B in SCRAPSVILLE

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
                  !

nie

Comment

• mamabear72
                    • Jul 2007

Onie,
                    I think the only reason I'm able to save my shutterfly pics as a jpeg is I do it in the editing section. I don't know if you'd have access to the edit page with pics that someone else shared with you. Maybe your friend can give you her id/password and you can go in and save your pics as jpeg

) Kristen

Comment

Working...
                    X