+ Reply to Thread

Thread: question!

Default question!

I'm still fairly new to SBM, and i'm still really figuring out how the program works. But reading through the first few pages of this forum has brought up a few questions:

1.) Are there other programs that you suggest that one use in conjunction with SBM? I've seen people suggest Photoshop and other similar types of software--are they necessary, useful, or absolutely optional? I have many of these programs, but I don't know how to use any of them!

2.) Apart from this site, where else can one buy or download papers, embellishments, etc, that will work in this program, and how exactly do you do this? Also, which are your favorites?

3.) I noticed that many people make their own papers and/or embellishments. Are there tutorials anywhere for these sorts of things? Or a particular forum where i can ask "how to" questions?

4.) Why do so many people have "my buddies are..." in the signature lines of their posts?

and, finally,

5.) What's the difference between a senior member, a junior member, and a member? And where can i post my pages for others to give suggestions on making them better?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Firstly welcome to SBM

1.) Are there other programs that you suggest that one use in conjunction with SBM? I've seen people suggest Photoshop and other similar types of software--are they necessary, useful, or absolutely optional? I have many of these programs, but I don't know how to use any of them!

Many of us make our own papers and embellishments so use other graphics programmes such as paintshop pro, photoshop, gimp etc...you dont need to make anything here as between the freebies and the store goodies there are plenty of papers, embellishments and layouts to use without ever making anything of your own

2.) Apart from this site, where else can one buy or download papers, embellishments, etc, that will work in this program, and how exactly do you do this? Also, which are your favorites?

anywhere that has png and jpeg images as both work in this programme, just save them to file and use them when needed
    for paper scraps go > add paper scrap (the image of a sheet of paper) > browse > find the paper , add & postition
    for embellishments go > to add embellishment (the red heart) > browse, add png embellishment and postition

3.) I noticed that many people make their own papers and/or embellishments. Are there tutorials anywhere for these sorts of things? Or a particular forum where i can ask "how to" questions?

tutorials for most programmes can be found very easily by googling ie if you use paintshop pro 9 just google 'paintshop pro 9 tutorials'
    just ask in this section if you have a q...someone will help or know where to find a tutorial

4.) Why do so many people have "my buddies are..." in the signature lines of their posts?

we have a buddy system so if anyone goes missing for any length of time someone will know where, when and why and can tell the other members when asked

and, finally,

5.) What's the difference between a senior member, a junior member, and a member? And where can i post my pages for others to give suggestions on making them better?

the amount of posts you answer/start ....i think its after 100 you move up to senior (or something like that!)

happy scrapping
    fiona xx

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
    :
    Check out my store
    Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Welcome, indeed, from another recent joiner.

What Fiona said x2 -

I'd just add: you can find tons of free and for-pay graphics files on the Web that will work. To see what file types can be imported, go the SBM's Help file - Index tab - type "File Types" and you'll see a page with the many file types that can be used. Also contains advice about some (e.g., for .WMF files, 'usage discouraged').

And - re: your own papers & embellishments... you'll want to get on top of things like resolution and transparency... since these were developed in the computer world by propellor-heads, and since graphics are not altogether a perfect fit to computer technologies, some of the terms and concepts can be confusing.

That said, if you're making your own paper for ONLY screen viewing, the graphic file can be a comparative svelte 96dpi at the dimensions you prefer (12 inches x 12, 8 x 8, etc.).

thanks for your help!

it was very, well, helpful!

i've been searching for places to get papers and embellishments online and i've already found a few--because if i'm just really honest with myself, i like this program because it's easy and for the time you put in to it you get a great return. So it's not likely that i'll be making my own papers or embellishments. but, should i suddenly get the irrepressible urge, now I'll know where to look!

Thanks again!

This should be included with the purchase of SBM. Excellent questions and answers
    My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Lot of people like me don't make anything I buy it. I do how ever crop a paper clip from time to time and work with mu photos before i use them in sbm . for this i use the Microsoft picture it that came with my computer. but most of the time I just open my folder I call scrap booking kits and minimize it then open sbm I like to see all my thing fast this way there all ready open. Then i just hold down the left button on my mouse over what I wont and drag it right over to max. I find this is the easy way to go.
    OK Fiona so Does that mean no one cares about me since I'm not on a Buddy list.

Mint everybody loves you!! You must have been gone when we started the buddy lists. Anyone that you want you just pm them and ask to be their buddy. Than you exchange your vital info such as email addy-phone number or anything else you want. Than you add them to your signature. Some became buddies because they live near each other sufch as by state, or buddies because you have developed a close friendship, or buddies just because. Hope that helps.

My Buddies are Marion, Kimbob, Jazziel (RIP), Wolvsie35, Crops2dawn, Makeyesup, Kazr, Moonfairy, Moonlightpearl, and scrappyaggie48

Quote Originally Posted by mint View Post
    OK Fiona so Does that mean no one cares about me since I'm not on a Buddy list.
    aww mint we all care...come join my ever growing list xxx

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
    :
    Check out my store
    Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."