• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cleo
    • Jul 2007

Newbie Questions

Hi
    I am new to this so perhaps this question has already been addressed. I have the trial version of this program and am likely going to purchase the program. However, I have a few questions; when you order prints, is there a limit as to how many pictures, embellishments etc, you can have for the quoted price? Also, is there a difference between this program and the Photospark program; they look similar!
  • pkdoll
    Scrap Guru
    • Dec 2006

As far as I know-there is no limit on how many pictures, embellishments, etc. per page. Photospark and Scrapbookmax are basically the same program. One is marketed to scrapbookers and the other is marketed to a different group of people. Only because some people, when they see scrapbooking they don't even bother to look because they don't scrapbook, so those who want to work with their digital photos, but not necessarily scrap will be targeted by Photospark. Hope this answers your questions-and welcome aboard. This forum is a great place and you can't help but have fun.

My Buddies are Marion, Kimbob, Jazziel (RIP), Wolvsie35, Crops2dawn, Makeyesup, Kazr, Moonfairy, Moonlightpearl, and scrappyaggie48

Comment

Cleo-

pkdoll already answered your questions, but I wanted to jump in here and say welcome. I too am still relatively new and am loving the program and loving it here. The people here are wonderful and always very helpful.

Comment

• cleo
        • Jul 2007

Thank you for the replies! I am looking forward to this program as it looks like it will be fun! Another question I have is; do most people print off their own pages and, if so, what kind of printer does one have?

Comment

• cleo
          • Jul 2007

Do most people print off their own pages and, if s, what kind of printer does one use?

Comment

• pkdoll
            Scrap Guru
            • Dec 2006

You can print your own or you can use the printing service available here on SBM. I personally have an hp photo printer and I love it-but I only print the smaller pages, i.e. 6x6 or 8x8 because it takes a lot of ink. I use the printing service here for my 12x12 pages because, for one my printer doesn't do 12x12 and the printing service here does an excellent job. I love all the ones that I have had printed.

My Buddies are Marion, Kimbob, Jazziel (RIP), Wolvsie35, Crops2dawn, Makeyesup, Kazr, Moonfairy, Moonlightpearl, and scrappyaggie48

Comment

• cleo
              • Jul 2007

Thanks so much for the reply. I was checking out printers that do the 12 x 12 but they are quite pricey. I was thinking that if my daughters were going to use it also, it may be OK. However, the ink costs would likely be quite high. I am thinking that I will try out the print service offered here to see how it is.

Comment

• eye
                MAX! Mastermind
                • Jul 2006

I have had 30 done so far from here, all 12x12 and I have to say they do excellent work.I just slide it into my sleeve of my album and I am all done.
                sigpic
                My Buddies -- Sue, Smiles, Jazzereal, Eng, Crops, Terry & Wolvsie35 , Onie, Marion, Jenna's Mommy, All My Memories, Winnie49, Tiffanys Scraps, Grannywin,emst

Comment

• cleo
                  • Jul 2007

I am glad to hear that! At this point, I do not want to buy another printer. I have another question; I just bought the program today and installed it. There does not seem to be a whole lot more than what was in the trial version; am I missing something or do I just have to wait for the CD?

Comment

• eye
                    MAX! Mastermind
                    • Jul 2006

Originally posted by cleo View Post
                    I am glad to hear that! At this point, I do not want to buy another printer. I have another question; I just bought the program today and installed it. There does not seem to be a whole lot more than what was in the trial version; am I missing something or do I just have to wait for the CD?
                    Did you download the content part
                    sigpic
                    My Buddies -- Sue, Smiles, Jazzereal, Eng, Crops, Terry & Wolvsie35 , Onie, Marion, Jenna's Mommy, All My Memories, Winnie49, Tiffanys Scraps, Grannywin,emst

Comment

• eye
                      MAX! Mastermind
                      • Jul 2006

Never get disappointed as there is so much free stuff here in the embelishment section that you could fill your hard drive. You will not be sorry you got the program. I thought the same thing when I first got mine to but the program itself won me over as it will you.
                      sigpic

Comment

• cleo
                        • Jul 2007

I did download the content; does it automatically go into the program?

Comment

• eye
                          MAX! Mastermind
                          • Jul 2006

yes. I think the reason why it looks like we get very little as most of it was given as samples so now that we have the program we still have the samples but a little extra. But really to tell the truth I never use it much as I make my own and share with all, plus others even give us kits to use. You will be quite happy.Also other sites give freebees and you can use them in scrapbook max. This program is awesome.I have been in it since shortly after they started.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Sandy
                            Mad Scrapper
                            • Jan 2006

Hi Cleo,

The rest of the content is on the CD that is mailed to you. When you receive the CD, be sure to install the content pack.

Hope that helps!

Sandy

Comment

• j.mclucas
                              • Aug 2007

Hi there... I just purchased this program and I'm loving it so far. Back to the original question though, do any of you upload your pages to a site like shutterfly or picaboo and have them make the books for you? I've been using picaboo for a long time, it was picaboo that recomended this program to me. I really love the quality of the books from picaboo, but I want more options. I did a search and found that shutterfly now offers exactly what I'm looking for, more book sizes and a cover I can customize! Has anyone used shutterfly and how is the quality of their products?

In case you were wondering, the cost of shutterfly's 8x8 book is $29.99 for the first 20 pages and $1 for each addtional page. It's less expensive then the books I was getting from picaboo. I've also figured out how to upload my sbm pages to both websites.

Also, picaboo offers 1,000s of free page backgrounds, and they are really good! Can I post the link? Here it is, let me know if I need to delete it.

Blessings, Jenna.

Comment

Working...
                              X