+ Reply to Thread

Red face Importing Freebies from Other Sites

I am a true novice at this.
    How do you import digital freebie kits from other sites into Scrap Max ? I'm totally lost.

Thank you in advance

Just download them. You need to save them in a folder and then when you click o the red heart in Max click Browse at the bottom and it will take you to your folders. Click on the folder you want and then the item you want to put in Max and hey presto it's there! I thik you may need a host programme such as paintshop, Elements, Photoshop etc. If I'm wrong one of the techie max users or a moderator will pipe up soon
    My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Talking Thank you !

You just opened up a whole new world for me !
    My deepest and sincere thanks.

Everything Eng. said up until you need painshop or photoshop was true. You do not need those programs. I have hundreds of free kits that I downloaded and keep in a folder called scrapping. I do as Eng said and browse that folder for what I want. You also can open the folder with the items and use the drag and drop feature of Max! This is way faster and easier than the icon.

Well, I beg to differ. You do need those programs if the frebbies you download are in layer formats. If they are saved as jpgs or pngs, then you don't need them.

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

Quote Originally Posted by Granny View Post
    Well, I beg to differ. You do need those programs if the frebbies you download are in layer formats. If they are saved as jpgs or pngs, then you don't need them.

Oh yes, get so frustrated when I find something that I really like and there are a lot of .psp and/or .psd files. No problem with the .psd files since I can always open them in Microsoft Picture It and save as a .png. Whenever I get going with Photoshop Elements, the .psd files should be easier. However don't expect to purchase Paint Shop Pro so the .psp file go directly to trash, oh well. Don't like the .psd files, since when I am in my explorer, and have the view set to thumbnails, they do not show the picture. I usually have my views always set to thumbnail, since I prefer the drag and drop method when I am scapping. That's why I usually change them right away to .png if there aren't many in the kit.

My Buddies - pkdoll, Marion and CraftyScraps

&

Can anyone give me links to some downloadable .PSP and .PSD files? I'd like to try Irfanview on them.

Irfanview is a free, multi-graphic handler, but it has some limitations. I don't have Photoshop or Paintshop Pro, so this would be a good test.

Dave

Why go to all that trouble i open sbm then open the saved folder (new window ) minimize drop and drag what i wont to sbm. its so much easer.
    only other program i use is Microsoft picture it to work with my photos.