Advice needed (real photos into computer images)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jessikins1
    • Jun 2007

Advice needed (real photos into computer images)

i am starting to convert all my real photos into files on my computer so i can start my first digital scrapbook... im trying to go the best way to do this, i don't know if i can take scanning one by one ( i have way too many boxes full of pictures).

my sister-in-law told me about this thing called "scan van" thats coming to my town (im from atlanta) and they basically put all your pictures on a cd for you... she said for 20 bucks they do 200 pictures.

what do you guys think of this? do you think i should just bite the bullet and try scanning one by one, or do you think its worth the money to go ahead and do this?

this is the website Sarah showed me:

my husband thinks i should just try to scan them myself (he says i have a lot of time since im a stay at home mom... EXCUSE ME but us stay at home mom's have lots to do! lol)

so id love a few opinions on what do you guys think. im thinking i should, especially since im not to computer savvy as far as scanning and editing... my nephew and neice usually help me with this kinda stuff.

please tell me what you think! im really great at doing real scrapbooks so i would love to get prints up on the computer so i can actually use this program (my husband bought it for me a while back, but i still haven't touched it!)

thanks!

~jessi

Jessi-

That sounds like a great deal to me. I think it would take you forever to scan all of your pics since you have a bunch. For me, I know I'd take the easy way out and have someone else do it especially since it really isn't that expensive.

Comment

• mag76449
      • Mar 2007

It would be worth $20 for someone else to scan my pictures for me! My grandmother was recently moved to assissted living and I took on the task of sorting and scanning 85 years worth of memories so everyone could have copies! It is taking me forever!!!

Comment

• *eng*
        MAX! Mastermind
        • Apr 2006

I'm all for saving time if it allows you to spend quality time on something else you value.
        My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Comment

• AmeliasMuma
          Layout Whiz
          • Dec 2006

I'd go for the scan van ..... Having scanned in just over 40 photos [and loosing over 60% of them in a crash before I got them on disc ] this not only provides a 2nd place to store them [I'm now using shutterfly as an online storage] but it will also be so much quicker. I used to scan while doing other stuff, as I walk by the scanner I'd swap the photos out and hit the go button again. Wait for the proof to come up, make any changes and then get on with what I was doing. Took forever and a day. The time will be better spent playing with your children. Take the easy way.

Oh and I know how much "spare" time us SAHM actually get. LOL
          Sue xx

sigpic Makeyesup and Marion are my Buddies

Relax, take it easy and enjoy.

Comment

• jessikins1
            • Jun 2007

Awww Oh No!

Awww...that's horrible. Well if you want to come to Atlanta this weekend I'm going back to the Scan Van in Northlake Mall hehe. We can grab lunch while they scan away!

It's always good to keep backups of everything. With technology today--you never know what can go wrong.

Originally posted by AmeliasMuma View Post
            I'd go for the scan van ..... Having scanned in just over 40 photos [and loosing over 60% of them in a crash before I got them on disc ] this not only provides a 2nd place to store them [I'm now using shutterfly as an online storage] but it will also be so much quicker. I used to scan while doing other stuff, as I walk by the scanner I'd swap the photos out and hit the go button again. Wait for the proof to come up, make any changes and then get on with what I was doing. Took forever and a day. The time will be better spent playing with your children. Take the easy way.

Oh and I know how much "spare" time us SAHM actually get. LOL

Comment

• mint
              Layout Whiz
              • Oct 2006

If they came here I would let them scan my photos in a heart beet as i have 65 years plus some that i did not take.

Now tell me why people (men) thank stay at home wives do nothing. I' retired and my DH is always saying you can do this because you are retired. I'm working harder than when I was working. (plus now i keep my Gk because after all I don't have anything to do)

Go for the easy one after all you don't have anything to do. haha
              Mint

buddies are- angelwithin

Comment

• JenFid
                • May 2006

muliti upload

I use memory manager by creative memories. I have scanned in 2,453 photos. The program is so amazingly flexable for sorting your photos and backing them up. It is a great addition to this program. The best part is I put as many pictures as I can fit on my scanner and then it will allow my to "just get selected" from the collage. so i can scan 6 at a time. Saves so much time and the part where I can find them by date the picture was taken, date it was scanned, event, whose in the pic. When I am using SBM I can get the perfect picture in 1 click it makes my scrapbooking on here faster and easier.
                Jen

Comment

• Marion
                  MAX! Mastermind
                  • Feb 2006

I don't know about scan van, but for me, by the time I pack them up, drive to the mall, stand in line for my turn, explain what I want, drive back home, go back to the mall again to pick them up, stand in line again, explain again who I am, pay for them, and then drive back home again. I can have 200 pictures scanned and put on a disk myself and have them put in any resolution I want and make corrections as I go along. With the price of gas and paying to have it done, it is cheaper and faster to do it myself. But then, that is just me

Comment

Working...
                  X