Groove Newsletter Contest July 2007: Wonderfully Whimsical (FREEBIES HERE!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Groove
    • Jun 2006

Groove Newsletter Contest July 2007: Wonderfully Whimsical (FREEBIES HERE!)

Celebrate "Whimsy" with The Groove!

The July 2007 issue of The Groove is here, and we're celebrating whimsy! "Whimsy" is a playful way of seeing the world. We're encouraging you to take a whimsical approach to scrapbooking this month - use unusual patters, fun colors, silly photos...get creative!

To download the July 2007 issue of The Groove (pdf), click here. Or, if you would rather read it online, visit scrapbookgroove.com.

CONTEST DETAILS
    This month's contest is called "Wonderfully Whimsical". Submit your best "whimsical" layouts, and have fun doing it! We're looking for playfulness, creativity, silliness, fun, imagination - whatever "whimsy" means to you! We will be honoring 3 winning layouts. The 1st place winner of the "Wonderfully Whimsical" contest will receive a $20 gift certificate to the Scrapbook MAX! Booster Pack Store. Two runners-up will each receive an official Scrapbook MAX! mousepad.

To enter, publish your layout as a JPEG image at High Quality and Web/Email size, and upload it to the contest page. The deadline is Friday, July 27, 2007, Midnight (CST).

We encourage you to reply to this thread after you enter the contest. Post a link to your entry and tell us a bit about it so we can all get in on the fun!

MONTHLY FREEBIE
    And now for everyone's favorite – THE MONTHLY FREEBIE, generously supplied by our "very own" Fiona Storey!

Fiona creates beautiful kits for the Scrapbook MAX! Booster Pack Store . Here's what she says about her work: "My designing style has a lot to do with whatever I'm learning in paintshop pro at the time,... if I see something I like or I think may look great in a kit, I will sit for hours trying out different ways to make it until I perfect an image that gives me the look I want...I love to figure out how things are made. Yes, I was the child who took the alarm clock apart just to see how it worked! ''

The lovely, subtle toned freebies come from Fiona's "Barely There" Booster Pack #690 - you can buy the complete kit for only $3.95!

Click here to view more of Fiona's kits in the store!

Happy Scrappin' from The Groove!

Karin and Marnie

P.S. Not yet signed up for The Groove? Click here to subscribe.
    Attached Files
    The Groove Avatar made with embellishments found in our various Expansion Packs for Scrapbook MAX! 2.0
  • jmcsocal@verizon.net
    • Apr 2007

freebie

how and where is the freebie download at. i don,t see it help. thanks jeanne

Comment

• AmeliasMuma
      Layout Whiz
      • Dec 2006

Right at the bottom of the post is a box with "attached files" .... click on the file link and it should download straight into your embie file in SBM.

Thanky Angelwithin for the freebie this month, looks great
      Sue xx

sigpic Makeyesup and Marion are my Buddies

Relax, take it easy and enjoy.

Comment

• gajagirl
        • Jun 2007

where do I find the attach. after I download it. It tells me I have 9 files but I don't know how to get them and what is theembie file. Thanks, Betty

Comment

• AmeliasMuma
          Layout Whiz
          • Dec 2006

They should end up in the SBM file

Scrapbook MAX! > Gallery > Images > Embellishments > The Groove July 2007
          Sue xx

sigpic Makeyesup and Marion are my Buddies

Relax, take it easy and enjoy.

Comment

• bluevelvet
            Mad Scrapper
            • Apr 2007

my entry

Just posted my entry for the contest, here is a link

I have a software called Face on Body, it is so much fun. my grandkids love for me to make them something else....so this time i made them grapes.
            CHRISTINA

Comment

• The Groove
              • Jun 2006

That's the idea, bluevelvet! Very whimsical indeed!
              The Groove Avatar made with embellishments found in our various Expansion Packs for Scrapbook MAX! 2.0

Comment

• mrsaboyer
                • Jun 2007

Well, here's something that might qualify. I just made it last night when my daughter was playing with one of her older brother's toys. It's my first every post. Enjoy! http://www.flickr.com/photos/boyerville/710173966/
                Last edited by mrsaboyer; 07-03-2007, 05:36 PM.

Comment

• The Groove
                  • Jun 2006

To mrsaboyer - to enter the contest, please post your layout in the Scrapbook MAX! layout gallery.

Here are the full details:

To enter, publish your layout as a JPEG image at High Quality and Web/Email size, and upload it to the contest page. The deadline is Friday, July 27, 2007, Midnight (CST).

Thanks for your participation, and good luck!

Karin

Comment

• mswizard
                    Digi Sage
                    • Mar 2007

Journey is always being whimsical. She is constantly doing things to make me laugh

My Bud's 'R' Marion, Verleen and Jormanoy
                    Love is not blind. It sees more not less and because it sees more, it's willing to see less.

Comment

• wolvsie35
                      MAX! Mastermind
                      • Apr 2007

I'm going to try another contest...lol...This page was made from my new kit (coming soon to our store) called, 'square-ibbles'...I think the name is whimsical enough to win...<wink> Anyways, check it out...What a comical day this was...
                      I am a Designer 4 ScrapbookMax! Check out my STORE...Thanks!

Comment

• wolvsie35
                        MAX! Mastermind
                        • Apr 2007

Originally posted by mswizard View Post
                        Journey is always being whimsical. She is constantly doing things to make me laugh

http://www.scrapbookmax.com/gallery/...00&ppuser=4910
                        Very cute GF!!!!!!! You are always out doing me...lol....Great LO!!!!

Comment

• wolvsie35
                          MAX! Mastermind
                          • Apr 2007

Originally posted by wolvsie35 View Post
                          I'm going to try another contest...lol...This page was made from my new kit (coming soon to our store) called, 'square-ibbles'...I think the name is whimsical enough to win...<wink> Anyways, check it out...What a comical day this was...
                          http://www.scrapbookmax.com/gallery/...13912&cat=1790
                          Ok, I guess the first time I didn't put it in the right gallery, so here it is again in the right place...oops...

Comment

• mswizard
                            Digi Sage
                            • Mar 2007

LOL...Good thing I came back to read your post Michelle, cuz I did the exact same thing!

Love is not blind. It sees more not less and because it sees more, it's willing to see less.

Comment

• mswizard
                              Digi Sage
                              • Mar 2007

It would probably help if I put a link in here wouldn't it? You would think I'm blonde..or brain dead..well Ok one outta 2 aint bad

Comment

Working...
                              X