+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Calkacky Guest

Default Paper Scrapbooking Supplies

I posted this on another board quite some time ago, but never really got an answer so I thought I'd get some opinions here.

I have a ton of papers (and other stuff) from my non-digi scrapbooking days and feel like I wasted a ton of money because it is just sitting there. I know it is all (or mostly) copyrighted stuff. However, is it okay to scan it and use it once as I would have done if I had continued with paper scrapping? Also, if this is okay and you have done this can you give me your thoughts on it. What I mean is does it scan okay. I have a smaller format printer that won't scan my 12 x 12 pages, but I thought of cutting them down and scanning them....that is if I won't be breaking any copyright laws.

Oh, and I thought of this earlier today. Is it only okay to post layouts here using only Scapbook Max supplies or can one post layouts that contain papers etc. from another site so long as credit is given to that person/site?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Hi Amy! I have scanned things on the scanner, some papers, embellishments. etc if I needed something to go along with my theme. I just scan it and then resize the paper to 8x8, cause that is the size I work with the most. I have also googled things to fit in my layout, just have to give credit thats all. The only thing you have to remember is IF you didnt make it, dont claim it as your own. You can post anything in the gallery. I have tons of freebies from blogs and other scrap sites, and I use them and put them in the gallery. With proper credit given. Now get off these boards and get to work will ya!! LOL It'll be Christmas before we see anything out of ya! hahahahahah

My Buddies: Jazz, Smile, Sue, Eng and Eye "CHILLS", Poppabob, PKdoll, Onie, Pickngrin

Oopssss I forgot about the 1st part of this... Regular scrappin... I have a room filled with everything ya can think of, I wont get rid it and thank God I never did!!! Tonight, I just got a job offer to make layouts, (with paper) using companies stuff!!! OMG I am sooo excited, getting paid to scrap, wish it was digital, but I cant be picky! LOL
    But anyway, you can always incorporate both of them. Its up to you.

My Buddies: Jazz, Smile, Sue, Eng and Eye "CHILLS", Poppabob, PKdoll, Onie, Pickngrin

Calkacky Guest

Thanks crops2dawn. However, I do have a comment. It seems I see you alot on the boards so who do you think you are to tell me to get off the boards and get to work? He! He! As much as I seem to see you here, you cannot be scrapping that much!

Wow! You must really be good to be paid to scrap. I know what you mean about wishing it was digital, but hey you are getting paid to do something fun. Congrats to you on that and have lots of fun with it.

I'm not sure about the paper scanning and copyrighted stuff-but someone else on here will be able to help you out with that. But you can post anything from other sites that you make into a LO as long as you give them the credit; but you can't take someone else's stuff and change it or make a LO of it and call it your own.

My Buddies are Marion, Kimbob, Jazziel (RIP), Wolvsie35, Crops2dawn, Makeyesup, Kazr, Moonfairy, Moonlightpearl, and scrappyaggie48

I started my post, but got a call and by the time I posted it Crops beat me--so if I sound like I am repeating it's because I was tooooooo slooooooow in posting.

My Buddies are Marion, Kimbob, Jazziel (RIP), Wolvsie35, Crops2dawn, Makeyesup, Kazr, Moonfairy, Moonlightpearl, and scrappyaggie48

You can post LO using kits that aren't from SBM, I've posted a few the only thing they wouldn't want you doing is posting the template to the page as you would be giving away things you have not created yourself. Same would go for designers from SBM. You can happily post LO as this is only a single layered image and you can't pull anything from it. The templates are usable [as long as they have SM] by anyone who wishes to download them.
    Sue xx

Makeyesup and Marion are my Buddies

Relax, take it easy and enjoy.

When I saw I was not using my stuff I scanned what I wonted to use my self. And then had my dd sale it all on ebay. On some things I got more that what I payed for it. I thank people on ebay are nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Calkacky View Post
    Thanks crops2dawn. However, I do have a comment. It seems I see you alot on the boards so who do you think you are to tell me to get off the boards and get to work? He! He! As much as I seem to see you here, you cannot be scrapping that much!

Wow! You must really be good to be paid to scrap. I know what you mean about wishing it was digital, but hey you are getting paid to do something fun. Congrats to you on that and have lots of fun with it.
    LOL you are sooooo right Amy!!! I wish I wasnt sooo addicted to this place!! If I would scrap as much as I gibber gabber on this board I would be caught up on everything. At one point in my life I was caught up, now FORGET IT!!!! I am soooo far behind, its useless to try and even get caught up!!!!

I have so much stuff and alot of creative memory stuff. But I will not give up on that stuff as I like doing paper scrapping. Gee crops I wished someone would pay me to use their stuff and make things.Congradualtions.I have enough paper that will go up to my knees when stacked.Still buying. Though I also like digital better.

My Buddies -- Sue, Smiles, Jazzereal, Eng, Crops, Terry & Wolvsie35 , Onie, Marion, Jenna's Mommy, All My Memories, Winnie49, Tiffanys Scraps, Grannywin,emst