• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mswizard
    Digi Sage
    • Mar 2007

Jazz? SSI & Disability??????? Pics too

Anyone know about SSI and Disability? We were told to get Emmy on it ASAP, because of our (LMAO) advanced age and Lord forbid something should happen to one or both of us. I called the Social Security office and started the paperwork, Apparently Emmy Automaticaly Qualifies for Disability because of her Down's and being Deaf...But what's the difference between Disability and SSI? We were also told to start a life plan so she's taken care of when we are gone...sooo much to think about, so much to do..so darned little time!

Emmy is doing very well in her Ocupational Therapy. She still has alot of work to do on her reflexes but she is lifting her head and believe it or not she can CRY now! It's wonderful to hear..music to my ears (no, I'm not nuts!) She goes to the docs tomorrow, I can't wait to see if she's gained any weight. Here are a couple of pics of her doinher therapy.
    Attached Files

My Bud's 'R' Marion, Verleen and Jormanoy
    Love is not blind. It sees more not less and because it sees more, it's willing to see less.
  • crops2dawn
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Jul 2006

Ahhhhh Emmy is getting sooooo biggggg! (saying that in baby talk) ....Sorry Wiz, I havent a clue what your talking about, I hope someone can help ya with that!
    Thanks for sharing the pictures!!!! I always love seeing her!!

My Buddies: Jazz, Smile, Sue, Eng and Eye "CHILLS", Poppabob, PKdoll, Onie, Pickngrin

Comment

• knzus
      Digi Sage
      • Jan 2007

MsWiz...I am PMing you with my email...we have a LOT of experience with SSI, SSDI, and all that stuff because of my husband. Would be happy to answer any questions you have...I know KS will be different than NY, though, but maybe I can share some things with you.
      Diana

Be good to your favorite designer (I used to be one!) by LETTING THEM KNOW how much you appreciate their work!

Comment

• eye
        MAX! Mastermind
        • Jul 2006

emily is beautiful.Wow she is getting so long. I do not know all that you mentioned. Have you talked to Jazz.Maybe she can help yah. xo xo
        sigpic
        My Buddies -- Sue, Smiles, Jazzereal, Eng, Crops, Terry & Wolvsie35 , Onie, Marion, Jenna's Mommy, All My Memories, Winnie49, Tiffanys Scraps, Grannywin,emst

Comment

• rosana brito
          Digi Sage
          • Jul 2006

Hi, MSWIZARD !!

He is tranquill, its Emmy is very well . I pray the God for it very, I am certain that it earns much weight, e it will be a pretty one girl glad and very happy ok, it already e pretty!

Kisses

Comment

• Granny
            MAX! Mastermind
            • Mar 2006

Oh, Whiz, she is so adorable. Glad I could put her to sleep with my story!!!
            sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

Comment

• jazzieal
              Digi Sage
              • Sep 2006

Wiz.. Emmy is growing you can tell and she is so pretty..just love that sweet little face..so glad she can cry now.. I know what you mean about the music to your ears..Im sending you aPM all about the SSI and disablity..let us know what the dr says..
              My Buddy's Are Crops2dawn, Sue, Eye, Eng, Smiley, Kimbob, PKDoll and Autistic Wonder

Visit my Blog http://wordstodelite.blogspot.com/

Comment

• makeyesup
                Digi Sage
                • Jun 2006

Hope you can get the mess untangled and get some assistance for Emily real soon. She is such a little sweetie, want only the best for her. Wish that I knew something or had connections to help out.

My Buddies - pkdoll, Marion and CraftyScraps

&

Comment

• OnieRN
                  Scrap Guru
                  • May 2006

My experience with SSI was brief and it was 26 years ago. My son that died of cancer, Jan 1981 was put on SSI. No one told us about it until about 4 months into the illness. SSI was based upon our income. It was only $161/mo but it was a life savor for us. I'm sure the process is much better now. Please remember it was a long time ago but do get all the assistance available for her, as her needs will change as she gets older.

Onie
                  sigpic OWNER OF THE B&B in SCRAPSVILLE

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
                  !

nie

Comment

Working...
                  X