+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Calkacky Guest

Default Am I Missing Something???

I just recently ordered this program and am already thinking there is something I am doing wrong.

In the previous program I was using, there were tons and tons of backgrounds. On here there only seems to be very little. When I go into backgrounds there is about 20 or so on the right side of the screen and each of those 20 has 2+ backgrounds to choose. Is that all there is?

Thanks for any support,
    Amy

The majority of the content is on the CD... although there is a link for a content pack that should have been included with your purchase.

Visit my aisle in the SBM store!
    My buddies are Granny, Moonbeam and Wolvsie35!

Calkacky Guest

Thanks for your response. I received this program and then got sidetracked with ACDSee and organizing everything. I thought though that I downloaded the CD. Maybe I will just remove the program and start completely over.

HI Calkacky!! And welcome aboard! I dont think you have to delete anything, just install the content pack! I didnt do that in the beginning either, I just thought when I put the program in that was it, but there is section called the contact pack that you must ALSO download. I think you'll be fine once you do that!

My Buddies: Jazz, Smile, Sue, Eng and Eye "CHILLS", Poppabob, PKdoll, Onie, Pickngrin

Calkacky Guest

Thanks. I did that, but still have very little under backgrounds. Was I supposed to install whatever was sent to me in the e-mail when I first purchased SM?

When you are in SBM and click on the paper( the little piece of paper at the top) it will take you to all sorts of paper! Is that what you are talking about?? If that doesnt help, someone with a greater knowledge will come along and help ya out.

My Buddies: Jazz, Smile, Sue, Eng and Eye "CHILLS", Poppabob, PKdoll, Onie, Pickngrin

Calkacky Guest

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. I get quite a bit of plain, colored paper. I just don't get many files under the backgrounds category where all the "pretty" decorated papers are. If you go into the backgrounds category, I get only 21 folders. Now, there are some more pages within those 21 folders, but in my opinion, not that many. A previous program I was using had so so much more. From what I am seeing in backgrounds and other categories, this program has very little. Here's another example: I click on the heart for the embellishments folder. A box pops up and on the left hand side of it, there are 29 categories and each category then has some additional stuff in it. There is only 1 letter category and it has only 4 different styles of letters in it. Is that what you have? I'm starting to think I am either crazy or that this program isn't what I thought it was and I spent money I should've saved.

I appreciate any responses and assistance.

Thanks again for your help so far,
    Amy

Your not CRAZY!! lol Its worth it, you will find sooo much in here to fill those folders!! Trust me!! I got sooo much I ran out of room on my computer!!! What ya need to do is go into the templates and the embellishment on here and dowload anything you want! and use it. If you need something just holler out and someone will help ya! There is soooo much out there all for the takin! You can type in the search for a certain thing you need and it if there is anything on here it will bring that up! I hope this helped ya out a bit!

BTW, did you check out "What's Included" for the classic Edition?
    http://www.scrapbookmax.com/whats-included-classic.php
    Last edited by srussell; 06-26-2007 at 08:32 PM.

Visit my aisle in the SBM store!
    My buddies are Granny, Moonbeam and Wolvsie35!

Calkacky Guest

Yeah, you did help me. I do have a bunch of freebies I've collected off the internet and I can use them here. I just thought this program had a whole lot more in it and am finding myself very disappointed that it apparently doesn't. It advertises thousands of pre-designed embellishments, papers and layout templates and I sure the heck don't see anywhere near that much. I also have PSE, but didn't feel ready to step up to that. However, if I am going to have to use mostly my stuff here, I may as well go ahead and switch over to PSE as you can do so much more with it.

I am going to to send an e-mail to the uppers of SM and see if there just is something I am missing. I am still in denial that there isn't more than there is preloaded in their program for $40.00!

Thanks again,
    Amy