• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mswizard
    Digi Sage
    • Mar 2007

Got the news today...

Emmy IS completely deaf. We were told of a school for the deaf in Rome(about an hour away) that she can go to IF we move there! Tomorrow, we start Emmy on the road to learning sign language. This should be interesting but I guess if we sign to her from the start it is just like Journey or Ian learning to talk...they repeat. I'm so sad, My baby is never gonna hear mommy tell her I love her or that she's beauitful or even hear the sound of laughter . I have some pics of Ian and a couple new ones of Emmy that I will post on here in a little while...I still have to upload them..I just got my camera back..I let Mikki's teacher use it on their Zoo Field trip last week

My Bud's 'R' Marion, Verleen and Jormanoy
    Love is not blind. It sees more not less and because it sees more, it's willing to see less.
  • MaggieMae
    Digi Sage
    • May 2006

This is such sad news - but she will have a full and wonderful life!! My son is a sign language interpreter - he did it for 10 years and his deaf students have done so well! One was valedictorian of his class and is headed off to college! Hope this might help a little. I'm so sorry.
    Julie

Comment

• mswizard
      Digi Sage
      • Mar 2007

Ian's back and mouse with Emmy
      Attached Files

My Bud's 'R' Marion, Verleen and Jormanoy
      Love is not blind. It sees more not less and because it sees more, it's willing to see less.

Comment

• Granny
        MAX! Mastermind
        • Mar 2006

Ah, Whiz, I'm sorry to hear this. But... I have many deaf friends who lead a very purposeful and happy lives. And interestingly enough, their stress level is so much lower than ours.

One more hurdle to jump, but "Love never fails". 1Co 13:8

sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

Comment

• Marion
          MAX! Mastermind
          • Feb 2006

Originally posted by mswizard View Post
          Emmy IS completely deaf. We were told of a school for the deaf in Rome(about an hour away) that she can go to IF we move there! Tomorrow, we start Emmy on the road to learning sign language. This should be interesting but I guess if we sign to her from the start it is just like Journey or Ian learning to talk...they repeat. I'm so sad, My baby is never gonna hear mommy tell her I love her or that she's beauitful or even hear the sound of laughter . I have some pics of Ian and a couple new ones of Emmy that I will post on here in a little while...I still have to upload them..I just got my camera back..I let Mikki's teacher use it on their Zoo Field trip last week
          Liz, Don't be sad, she will see the love and laughter in your eyes!!!!

Comment

• Marion
            MAX! Mastermind
            • Feb 2006

Originally posted by mswizard View Post
            Ian's back and mouse with Emmy
            Looks like Emmy is loved much!

Comment

• wolvsie35
              MAX! Mastermind
              • Apr 2007

Wiz, I am so sorry...You will see a rainbow after all this is over eventually...I guess it would be easier on her now, learning from a young age, then having to go thru it like at our age...But even so, there is no "good" side...She will know you love her, she doesn't need to hear it directly..Lots of body language...My best friend is deaf, and I love to learn new things with her...Don't tell her I said this, but she is smarter then me...lol...I'm glad to hear your other little one is doing better...Did you duct tape the tv down? Best wishes Wiz...You are always in my prayers...
              I am a Designer 4 ScrapbookMax! Check out my STORE...Thanks!

Comment

• pkdoll
                Scrap Guru
                • Dec 2006

Ohh wiz, sorry to hear the news~but I'm not going to call it bad news, because everything happens for a reason. Like Marion says she doesn't have to hear your voice to know how much you love her-she will see that sparkle in your eyes, and feel the warmth of your hugs, and your actions will speak louder than any words ever could. Everything will be good!!

So glad Ian is healing and feeling better and you better duct tape that tv down for sure!!

My Buddies are Marion, Kimbob, Jazziel (RIP), Wolvsie35, Crops2dawn, Makeyesup, Kazr, Moonfairy, Moonlightpearl, and scrappyaggie48

Comment

• OnieRN
                  Scrap Guru
                  • May 2006

Thinking of You

Wiz, I know this sounds disappointing but I know of mothers who have taught their babies to "sign" from the begining of life. I was amazed that those babies did much better communicating their needs way before they started talking. My sister-in-law used signing with my nephew for the first 2 yrs and it was impressive.

I used to belong to a church in North Carolina that had a deaf church. It was so amazing. I did learn how to communicate with them but not real well. I believe there is a video out for babies, that teaches baby and mom basic signing.

I know your disappointed but I know you are in store of a big blessing. Sweetie, it will work out!

Onie
                  sigpic OWNER OF THE B&B in SCRAPSVILLE

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
                  !

nie

Comment

• Manatee25
                    Layout Whiz
                    • Mar 2007

Hey wiz. All our thoughts and prayers are with you! Althought this isn't the news you might have hoped for I don't believe it to be bad news. I can't imagine the feelings you might have as her mother at this time but try to take comfort in the fact that she has a healthy heart and is a beautiful little angle on earth. The Lord will be with you as you all learn sign language and find the joy that will come from this connection you will have with Emmy.

Strange thought just occured to me. All of us on this site are such a strong family.... yet many of us will never hear each others voices. We still communicate, just not with spoken words. And yet we hear each others love... and hear each others laughter in a simple LOL... and know that we are loved by each other..... just a thought to ponder.
                    Don't procrastinate being happy!
                    And don't procrastinate checking out my store!
                    Orange Blossom- new release
                    sigpic
                    My SBM store

Comment

• makeyesup
                      Digi Sage
                      • Jun 2006

Sorry to her about Emmy's hearing. Sign language can teach her so much and you will find that she will love seeing those words when you sign to her. Your smiles and hugs will always tell her how much you love her.

My Buddies - pkdoll, Marion and CraftyScraps

&

Comment

• knzus
                        Digi Sage
                        • Jan 2007

Can't say anything different than what everyone's already said...but we're right there with ya, hon! We never know the "why" of what God hands us...all we can do is take those things and turn them into blessings of one kind or another. Some of the greatest individuals in the world have been deaf and done all sorts of wonderful things for mankind. I have a feeling that, with God and so much love in her life, she's going to be another one of those who impacts life in some way!
                        Diana

Be good to your favorite designer (I used to be one!) by LETTING THEM KNOW how much you appreciate their work!

Comment

• jazzieal
                          Digi Sage
                          • Sep 2006

My dear friend...I know your heart is breaking..mine is too for you..I know there arent any words to ease that pain right now..and you have the right to grieve over it and be sad..thats human..seems like since Emmy has been born it has been one obstacle after the other and you have made it thru them all..it will be the same with this one.rest assured that Em "hears" your love..she knows you are her mother..she is safe and secure in it..she is growing and thriving in it..and she has never heard your voice..actions always speak louder than words..you know you cant dwell on the negative things..cant dwell on what she cant do...but on what she can do..belive me I have learned this..it will drive you nuts if you let those thoughts creep in..I will never forget my dad telling me how he met Helen Keller in a USO Club..he said when he talked to her she put her hand on his throat and she "heard" him...he was in awe of her the rest of his life..and there are so many wonderful inventions now for the hearing impared think of what it will be like as she gets older..all the positive and imortant comments have already been made..all I can do is tell you again that God is with you and he wont ever leave you..my thoughts and prayers are with you and Emmy and the rest of your family...love and hugs...
                          Pictures are precious..love the one with them kissing...big sister.. little sister
                          My Buddy's Are Crops2dawn, Sue, Eye, Eng, Smiley, Kimbob, PKDoll and Autistic Wonder

Visit my Blog http://wordstodelite.blogspot.com/

Comment

• crops2dawn
                            MAX! Mastermind
                            • Jul 2006

Hey Wiz, I read this thread this morning and I just couldnt comment right away, I didnt know what to say, I guess I was speechless. I have been thinking all morning and most of this afternoon as what to say, and how to say it... I know this is not the news you wanted to hear, but I guess it could be worse, ya know what I mean. She may never hear ya, but she will know ya love her!!!! Heck I never heard ya, and I love ya! Soooo she will too!! Just look at it this way she will never hear GO TO YOUR ROOM!!!! YOUR GROUNDED!!! LOL But she'll get that look from you and she'll know!! LOL Sooo my dear friend keep your chin up and its not the end of the world, you'll get through this, just like everthing else, but NOW you have us!!! So when you are feelin blue just come here and get it off your chest! We are ALWAYS here to listen!! Sending ya bunches of {{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

My Buddies: Jazz, Smile, Sue, Eng and Eye "CHILLS", Poppabob, PKdoll, Onie, Pickngrin

Comment

• eye
                              MAX! Mastermind
                              • Jul 2006

God has gave us many senses and when we loose one another one will click in better. Maybe her taste will be better and she will gain, Maybe her eyesight may be reall strong and she will see colors much more beautiful then us.Maybe her feeling sense will be much stronger.Maybe her smelling senses may be so wonderful. She may not to hear but she can feel, see and smell how sweet your love is.Love that is the most powerful thing we have.Xo I luv yah for being you.

Love your pictures of Emily and her sister and wow poor Ian must be so sore.
                              sigpic
                              My Buddies -- Sue, Smiles, Jazzereal, Eng, Crops, Terry & Wolvsie35 , Onie, Marion, Jenna's Mommy, All My Memories, Winnie49, Tiffanys Scraps, Grannywin,emst

Comment

Working...
                              X