+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

1. I wish I was allergic to chocolate.... I love it far too much! So I don't have it near me... otherwise I'd eat the lot..can't stop at a few squares

2. Corey - I want a roof like that ( that opens and closes)

3.Thanks so much for the Cow stuff... I love cows... I could have used this on my farm animals album...oh well I can change my album and still use them hey!
    well done.. I hope I can do this sort of thing eventually
    Scrapbook Max Rules!!!!!

Yeah that would be *awesome* on a house.
    Scrapbook MAX! is the fun and easy digital scrapbooking software for Windows. Download a free trial version at www.scrapbookmax.com.

Chocolate makes me sick also. I eat it anyway - somebody has to do it!

Ladybug

Corey, you've had such an interesting life.

My sister was allergic to chocolate for years and years and years, until at some point after reaching adulthood she outgrew the allergy.

Being quite philic to chocolate, I can remember my taste buds starting to tingle when someone would mistakenly give her chocolate as a gift.

We have a Bernard Callebaut chocolate store here, right next to one of our favorite take out pizza joints. My wife and I always wanted to check it out, but it was always closed by the time we went to pick up pizza...we finally made a special trip this spring, and it was good enough that we went back to get gifts for Easter. Very expensive (!!!) stuff, but the sales lady does a good job of making you feel all fancy and special for being there, so we usually end up buying more than we (or at least I) wanted to. They have some very nice "different" chocolates there, although some of them are a bit sweeter than I care for.
    Lorne ( )
    Scrapbook MAX! Software Developer

Yeah he's got stores all over the place. You can buy his pre-packaged stuff at Safeway too. Even though I'm not a chocolate lover I admire the guy's dedication. He's an artist.

I've been told that he treats his employees very well too. He's got a very strong brand, I'm sure that's part of the reason.
    Scrapbook MAX! is the fun and easy digital scrapbooking software for Windows. Download a free trial version at www.scrapbookmax.com.

My aunt is a big fan of Bernard's...I didn't know it was in Canada. Too cool! I love Purdy's chocolate. Whenever I go west I try to find a Purdy's at the airport.

There's a nice quaint little French chocolate shop about a mile and a half from us here at work, over on Provencher, that makes some nice chocolates. The best thing going for them is that they're made fresh on site.

His shop is remarkably plain, almost startlingly plain actually, but the chocolates were good.

I found out about it when the chocolatier ran for office in our corner of town. He didn't win, but it must have been good for business.
    Lorne ( )
    Scrapbook MAX! Software Developer

Wow, Corey, that's awesome. I read an article recently about how chocolate is made, and it said pretty much what you did. Specially about the hard work that goes into it.

Well, I absolutely love chocolate. But it makes me extremely hyper. Oh, well, maybe someday they will have unleaded chocolate!!!

Thank you for sharing that wonderful experience, Corey.

Granny

His shop is remarkably plain, almost startlingly plain actually
    I love that. Old school. Definitely my style. If I lived there I'd buy from him just to support such a thing. I wish we had more small shops like that here. Al lthe stores here are oversized, overhyped and, objectively, the quality of goods/services in Calgary is the lowest I've seen anywhere in the world (that I've been) but for a few scanty exceptions.

Default Haven't looked yet

but my friend, Nancy, is nuts about cows, so had to download this one! Matter of fact, I told her she needs to go to the Harvard Illinois Milk Days this coming weekend!

Ellen