• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • *eng*
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Apr 2006

Photospark

Hey everyone
    Have you had the email from Gracie re: Photospark? What do you think.
    Gracie is there sample or trial? I like the sound of it, but would like to preview it.
    My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa
  • workingjo3
    Mad Scrapper
    • Sep 2006

I got the same email. Yes there is a trial!

From the screenshots it looks very close to Scrapbook max.

See screenshots at:

Jo

Comment

• pkdoll
      Scrap Guru
      • Dec 2006

I haven't received the email yet, but in looking at the links above what is the purpose of this software? It looks pretty much the same as SBM, so why did they come out with another program so similar to the one they already have out? I think maybe I'm missing something here??

My Buddies are Marion, Kimbob, Jazziel (RIP), Wolvsie35, Crops2dawn, Makeyesup, Kazr, Moonfairy, Moonlightpearl, and scrappyaggie48

Comment

• workingjo3
        Mad Scrapper
        • Sep 2006

I was thinking pretty much the same thing. Did you check out the content / templates / shapes?

I am a bit puzzled. Unless it has a way to sort / organize things better or is faster in loading templates, I have no clue.
        Jo

Comment

• srussell
          Digi Sage
          • Feb 2006

Hi All,

Photospark is very similar to Scrapbook MAX! The target audience is to people who want to stuff with the photos that are not traditional "scrapbookers". The terminology is a little different ... i.e. "Clipart" instead of "Embellishment", etc.

The default layouts are also in different sizes "8.5 x 11 Tall" and 11 x8.5 Wide", buy you can also do other sizes as well. Some of the layouts may look familiar, as I was the designer of the first 30 in the content pack.

Download the trial and have some fun with it...

BTW, SBM templates are NOT tranfersable to Photospark, but you can use the templates and content from Photospark with the help of a converter program that is available.
          Last edited by srussell; 06-18-2007, 06:01 PM.
          sigpic
          Visit my aisle in the SBM store!
          My buddies are Granny, Moonbeam and Wolvsie35!

Comment

• spanielmom
            Layout Whiz
            • Nov 2006

a bunch of the shapes are the same as SBM. I really think instead of calling it something different to appeal to non-scrapbookers, they should have spent the time marketing scrapbook max as easy to use for non-scrapbookers.

Comment

• workingjo3
              Mad Scrapper
              • Sep 2006

Hey Steve, I love your layouts. I own several of them already. So I am giving this a try.
              Jo

Comment

• AmeliasMuma
                Layout Whiz
                • Dec 2006

I've just downloaded the trial version and as far as I can see its the same program with a few changes in what they call things. If the content is different it might be worth getting the program at 50% off esp with the file converter that Steve kindly linked us.
                Sue xx

sigpic Makeyesup and Marion are my Buddies

Relax, take it easy and enjoy.

Comment

• mh51
                  Scrap Guru
                  • Jul 2006

Originally posted by pkdoll View Post
                  I haven't received the email yet, but in looking at the links above what is the purpose of this software? It looks pretty much the same as SBM, so why did they come out with another program so similar to the one they already have out? I think maybe I'm missing something here??
                  Yes PKDoll......... I don't see the point in this 'other' software!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Would make more sense to me to have improvements to the current version of SBM ie.

...ability to group & then resize that group
                  ...flexible cropping tool
                  ...eraser etc etc
                  Last edited by mh51; 06-18-2007, 10:05 PM.

Comment

• srussell
                    Digi Sage
                    • Feb 2006

Originally posted by spanielmom View Post
                    a bunch of the shapes are the same as SBM. I really think instead of calling it something different to appeal to non-scrapbookers, they should have spent the time marketing scrapbook max as easy to use for non-scrapbookers.
                    Yes, you may be right, but part of the problem is the name of the product with "scrapbook" in it. There's a whole other market out there for photo layouts. Long before I did scrapbooking, I was writing photo layout programs under different names, the key word being "photo"

BTW, I would like to point out that you're getting about 75 prebuilt pages from 30 kits... At the introductory price ($19.97 + shipping), that's about $0.50/template. Can't beat that with a stick. Check out the gallery on the Photospark forum. http://www.photospark.com/gallery/

Also, BTW... I'm not making any money by promoting Photospark, I just help design content for it.
                    Last edited by srussell; 06-18-2007, 10:16 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

• thedogfather
                      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by srussell View Post
                      Yes, you may be right, but part of the problem is the name of the product with "scrapbook" in it. There's a whole other market out there for photo layouts. Long before I did scrapbooking, I was writing photo layout programs under different names, the key word being "photo"

BTW, I would like to point out that you're getting about 75 prebuilt pages from 30 kits... At the introductory price ($19.97 + shipping), that's about $0.50/template. Can't beat that with a stick. Check out the gallery on the Photospark forum. http://www.photospark.com/gallery/

Also, BTW... I'm not making any money by promoting Photospark, I just help design content for it.
                      Hi Steve
                      I agree with your comments as being involved in the UK with both card makers and trditional scrapbookers I have to say that scrapbooking in all guises here has been slow to take off.
                      My workshops on digital scrapbooking are not well attended (that may be down to me of course )but when I run digital photo workshops they are over booked.
                      I will certainly introduce 'Photospark' at my next session as PSE,PSP etc., have a steep learning curve for beginners.

Comment

• pkdoll
                        Scrap Guru
                        • Dec 2006

I think I have a better understanding now. Now I make my scrapbook pages in SBM than I take them and put them in a different program to make a slide show and add animated clipart to them and such. So does spark have animated clip art too-or just regular clipart?? This way you are getting premade templates and clipart to make photo shows, whereas SBM is more for making scrapbook pages. Gotcha!!

My Buddies are Marion, Kimbob, Jazziel (RIP), Wolvsie35, Crops2dawn, Makeyesup, Kazr, Moonfairy, Moonlightpearl, and scrappyaggie48

Comment

• srussell
                          Digi Sage
                          • Feb 2006

Originally posted by pkdoll View Post
                          I think I have a better understanding now. Now I make my scrapbook pages in SBM than I take them and put them in a different program to make a slide show and add animated clipart to them and such. So does spark have animated clip art too-or just regular clipart?? This way you are getting premade templates and clipart to make photo shows, whereas SBM is more for making scrapbook pages. Gotcha!!
                          No animated clipart at this time... But creating templates that are specifcally designed for say, NTSC or PAL video is a great idea.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Desmond
                            Resident Geek
                            • Jan 2006

Originally posted by srussell View Post
                            BTW, SBM templates are NOT tranfersable to Photospark, but you can use the templates and content from Photospark with the help of a converter program that is available.
                            http://www.photospark.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13
                            That's only 1/2 true ... by themselves, sbmax templates and booster packs are not compatible with photospark ... but they can be converted.

The tool I created (linked to from the above thread) automatically converts PhotoSpark content to Scrapbook MAX! -- but the actual converter can go both directions. If there's a demand for it, I can certainly create an automated tool that can transfer from SBMAX -> PhotoSpark. But for now, the important thing was to create an easy way for our SBMAX users to get the PhotoSpark content into sbmax.

Desmond.
                            |

Comment

• srussell
                              Digi Sage
                              • Feb 2006

Ok, wasn't aware of that... I can't be right ALL the time!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X