+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Photospark

Default Photospark

Hey everyone
    Have you had the email from Gracie re: Photospark? What do you think.
    Gracie is there sample or trial? I like the sound of it, but would like to preview it.
    My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

I got the same email. Yes there is a trial!

http://www.photospark.com/site/download.php

From the screenshots it looks very close to Scrapbook max.

See screenshots at:
    http://www.photospark.com/site/gallery.php

Jo

I haven't received the email yet, but in looking at the links above what is the purpose of this software? It looks pretty much the same as SBM, so why did they come out with another program so similar to the one they already have out? I think maybe I'm missing something here??

My Buddies are Marion, Kimbob, Jazziel (RIP), Wolvsie35, Crops2dawn, Makeyesup, Kazr, Moonfairy, Moonlightpearl, and scrappyaggie48

I was thinking pretty much the same thing. Did you check out the content / templates / shapes?

I am a bit puzzled. Unless it has a way to sort / organize things better or is faster in loading templates, I have no clue.
    Jo

Hi All,

Photospark is very similar to Scrapbook MAX! The target audience is to people who want to stuff with the photos that are not traditional "scrapbookers". The terminology is a little different ... i.e. "Clipart" instead of "Embellishment", etc.

The default layouts are also in different sizes "8.5 x 11 Tall" and 11 x8.5 Wide", buy you can also do other sizes as well. Some of the layouts may look familiar, as I was the designer of the first 30 in the content pack.

Download the trial and have some fun with it...

BTW, SBM templates are NOT tranfersable to Photospark, but you can use the templates and content from Photospark with the help of a converter program that is available.
    http://www.photospark.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13
    Last edited by srussell; 06-18-2007 at 06:01 PM.

Visit my aisle in the SBM store!
    My buddies are Granny, Moonbeam and Wolvsie35!

a bunch of the shapes are the same as SBM. I really think instead of calling it something different to appeal to non-scrapbookers, they should have spent the time marketing scrapbook max as easy to use for non-scrapbookers.

Hey Steve, I love your layouts. I own several of them already. So I am giving this a try.
    Jo

I've just downloaded the trial version and as far as I can see its the same program with a few changes in what they call things. If the content is different it might be worth getting the program at 50% off esp with the file converter that Steve kindly linked us.
    Sue xx

Makeyesup and Marion are my Buddies

Relax, take it easy and enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by pkdoll View Post
    I haven't received the email yet, but in looking at the links above what is the purpose of this software? It looks pretty much the same as SBM, so why did they come out with another program so similar to the one they already have out? I think maybe I'm missing something here??
    Yes PKDoll......... I don't see the point in this 'other' software!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Would make more sense to me to have improvements to the current version of SBM ie.

...ability to group & then resize that group
    ...flexible cropping tool
    ...eraser etc etc
    Last edited by mh51; 06-18-2007 at 10:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spanielmom View Post
    a bunch of the shapes are the same as SBM. I really think instead of calling it something different to appeal to non-scrapbookers, they should have spent the time marketing scrapbook max as easy to use for non-scrapbookers.
    Yes, you may be right, but part of the problem is the name of the product with "scrapbook" in it. There's a whole other market out there for photo layouts. Long before I did scrapbooking, I was writing photo layout programs under different names, the key word being "photo"

BTW, I would like to point out that you're getting about 75 prebuilt pages from 30 kits... At the introductory price ($19.97 + shipping), that's about $0.50/template. Can't beat that with a stick. Check out the gallery on the Photospark forum. http://www.photospark.com/gallery/

Also, BTW... I'm not making any money by promoting Photospark, I just help design content for it.
    Last edited by srussell; 06-18-2007 at 10:16 PM.

Visit my aisle in the SBM store!
    My buddies are Granny, Moonbeam and Wolvsie35!