Monsoons are contagious...(update from knzus)...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • knzus
    Digi Sage
    • Jan 2007

Monsoons are contagious...(update from knzus)...

MsWiz and I seem to be sharing the monsoon season this year. I meant to come in last night and post, but must have needed some extra sleep 'cause I fell into bed at an earlier time than normal (for me anyway, haha) and next thing I knew, well.... I want to tell you all that we're overwhelmed by all of the thoughts, prayers, and help that have been sent our way by you - our SBM friends and family. Words cannot express how much all of your support has meant to us. Thank you from me and my family to all of you..from the bottom of our hearts to yours. Bless you all! And thank you! Don't know where to start, so will "just spit it out" to give you an update....(will try to give you the short version 'cause the long is just too involved, haha!)...

As some of you know, my hubby has a medical problem with his lower left leg that we've been living with for about 15 years (which in turn has caused DVT [deep-vein thrombosis] in his lower body...he basically has no veins of which to speak of that actually work anymore in his left leg, and only by the grace of God does he even stand on it now). Because of the original problem that brought all this on, he must change dressings on an area of his leg that will never truly heal...and it flares up every so often, becomes more painful (than normal) and infected, etc., you get the drift. So, that's what happened in the past couple weeks. After all we've already been through this year, ugh! So doctors have changed his pain meds (they go between two basic heavy duty ones), which it must have been time to do, put him on a couple corticosteroids, and a high-dose antibiotic. He goes back to the doctor this coming Friday to see how the infection is coming along. The pain meds must be helping as he has gone back to work. Thank God he has an understanding boss (believe it or not, my hubby is a painter, on his feet most of the day). Would that we could have him find another job, but there are none to be had around here, especially since he has this medical problem. So we just go on living day to day wondering and praying about his leg....the doctors told us long ago (and still tell us) that eventually his leg may have to be amputated as it breaks down.

My migraines are driving me nuts, of course (I've lived with them all my life). But yesterday and today I've felt pretty good, so am trying to catch up on my work and get things done while the going's good. Just seems like the past few months they've bothered me more than usual. If you don't see me around here for days at a time, that's usually why (although there are the other things going on, of course). Yes, I've been through all the tests, pokes, prods, medicines, etc., etc., etc. that there are to be had or done. The only thing that has come close to helping me is when I began chiropractic last year (found out I have a twisted spine in seven places, 2 vertebrae each)...once I got started with that, I suddenly felt sooooooooo good, had soooo much energy, and the migraines had been less (although not entirely gone) so that I could actually function each day. But when hubby was laid off in January, well, haven't been back for several months now. So I figure that's why my migraines have returned in full force.

It wouldn't be so bad, but without insurance the doctors can say yea or nay to you around here...obviously they say nay here, so we have to travel an hour or so to a doctor in another city. We'd get the insurance through hubby's employer or some such, but neither of us makes enough to get it...so we do the best we can without.

Have a lead on a doctor for my son...but apparently the doc is gone for the week, so left message with his office and he'll call me when he returns.

And on top of this stuff there's the usual daily life... arg! Not even gonna go there right now.

Okay, will check in when I can. Again, thank you, my SBM friends! You are all so dear and have such big hearts! Who says you can't be blessed with online friends, eh?

{{hugz}}

Diana/knzus
    Diana

Be good to your favorite designer (I used to be one!) by LETTING THEM KNOW how much you appreciate their work!
  • crops2dawn
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Jul 2006

Hey Kansas, What a great way to start the week!!! Hearing from ya. You have been on my mind constantly. I'll keep ya in my thoughts and prayers!!! Its good to hear that ya had a few great days without the migraines! Hoping and praying it stays that way for ya! Take Care my friend and keep us all informed how things are going, we sure do miss ya around here!

My Buddies: Jazz, Smile, Sue, Eng and Eye "CHILLS", Poppabob, PKdoll, Onie, Pickngrin

Comment

• wolvsie35
      MAX! Mastermind
      • Apr 2007

Sorry to hear that life over the rainbow isn't treating you so good these days...I hope and pray that thigns get better for you, and those rain clouds are lifted...Life can be hard at times, I know...but with friends like us, can try to keep a smile on your face, even through the crappy times...lol...I am praying for you...Keep the faith hun...We are all here for you..
      I am a Designer 4 ScrapbookMax! Check out my STORE...Thanks!

Comment

• pkdoll
        Scrap Guru
        • Dec 2006

So good to hear from you knzus!! I miss your humor around here. I have to say you really have to deal with a lot day to day. I'm sorry to hear your hubby's leg has been causing him so much pain again lately. Pain is so hard to live with. You can deal with it temporarily, but when it's constant it starts to wear on a person and becomes very hard to deal with. I sympathize with you and your migraines as well. Those too are very debilitating. They can disable a person in a heart beat. I'm praying for you and your family for brighter days in the future. You are much too young to have to deal with so many issues. Take care my friend.

My Buddies are Marion, Kimbob, Jazziel (RIP), Wolvsie35, Crops2dawn, Makeyesup, Kazr, Moonfairy, Moonlightpearl, and scrappyaggie48

Comment

• Granny
          MAX! Mastermind
          • Mar 2006

Hey, Knzus, nice to see you back. We miss you a lot. The shop just ain't the same without you!

sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

Comment

• eye
            MAX! Mastermind
            • Jul 2006

We must be in the same canoe.Laurie hurt himself and now his money is not coming in and it will be 5 weeks before we get unemployment. But I feel God sometimes test us with too much on our plates. He will look after us all.I guess he is trying to make us strong.I wished I could help yah but I guess to just know you are not alone in the canoe will make us a family of friends. Anytime I am here for chats. Good luck and God Bless you and hope your Hubbie gets better soon.
            sigpic
            My Buddies -- Sue, Smiles, Jazzereal, Eng, Crops, Terry & Wolvsie35 , Onie, Marion, Jenna's Mommy, All My Memories, Winnie49, Tiffanys Scraps, Grannywin,emst

Comment

• Manatee25
              Layout Whiz
              • Mar 2007

Sorry to hear that life is so rough for you right now. I do hope and pray for you that things will look up soon. We do miss you around here!!
              Don't procrastinate being happy!
              And don't procrastinate checking out my store!
              Orange Blossom- new release
              sigpic
              My SBM store

Comment

• *eng*
                MAX! Mastermind
                • Apr 2006

Oh knzus, so sorry you are having such a hard time. I'm sure there is light at the end of the tunnel, you are strong and a fighter and of course have that brilliant sense of humour. Hope you feel better soon as that must pull you down a lot. Thinking of you knzus and thank you for updating us. Take care x
                My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Comment

• OnieRN
                  Scrap Guru
                  • May 2006

Hi Buddy

Glad to see you back! Come when ever you can. As I read your emails, I thought to myself, it's too bad we don't have socialized medicine in this country. It's a shame that people are unable to get medical attention because of the lack of insurance and/or funds.
                  sigpic OWNER OF THE B&B in SCRAPSVILLE

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
                  !

nie

Comment

• rosana brito
                    Digi Sage
                    • Jul 2006

Hi Diana!!

Really Diana, this place is sad without its presence, I confesses not to know of its history, sorry, to put I will make mine preces also to its bad ok

He is tranquill , everything if it decides in this life, a fort I hug

ro

Comment

• makeyesup
                      Digi Sage
                      • Jun 2006

Diana,

Praying for you and your family. So often I've heard the statement that God never gives us more than we can handle. However, could never understand where the breaking point is and how he knows when to make it better. Please remember that we all care and will talk with God for you.

Maureen

My Buddies - pkdoll, Marion and CraftyScraps

&

Comment

• jazzieal
                        Digi Sage
                        • Sep 2006

Dianna...I need to come push you off that yellow brick road...Its full of potholes..!!!! So sorry to hear all thats going on in your life right now..makes me feel bad about complaining about whats going on in mine..
                        One thing that I am so thankful for is when you are drawing disablity you are automatically on Medicare...sounds like your husband might be a canidate to draw his SS disability..has he checked into it...or into Medicaid..Heaven Knzus you have so much stress on your now..no wonder your headaches are worse..thanks for letting us hear from you...you are on my mind all the time..please know a lot of love is coming to you from Alabama and prayers too..big huggs
                        My Buddy's Are Crops2dawn, Sue, Eye, Eng, Smiley, Kimbob, PKDoll and Autistic Wonder

Visit my Blog http://wordstodelite.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                        X