• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mswizard
    Digi Sage
    • Mar 2007

When it rains...I get a monsoon!!!

Ok, I'm feeding Emmy this afternoon at my desk as usual. I hear a crash and my 3 yr old Ian start crying...I ran into the livingroom and Ian is laying underneath a 32 inch tv! (After, I had to remember if I dropped Emmy or if I set her somewhere)
    I dunno how but I got the TV off him and he stood up and just crumbled into a heap. I tried to stop him from moving so I could check him but he tried to stand up again and crumpled on the floor. OK..now I am stuck at home with a 6 week old, a 1 year old and a 3 year old. No car (it's in the shop getting a new starter put in) Marks dad is over 100 miles away at a doctors appointment my family all live over 2 hours away. I am shaking so bad I feel like I'm gonna throw up. Oh, and Mark is working outta town. I did the only thing I could do..called my ex-best friend (long story) and tell her, I wouldn't ask but I need to get my son to the hospital and I can't leave the girls alone. I swear to God...she and her hubby were here in less than 5 minutes!
    The ambulance came to take Ian and I to the hospital. He had a MRI to check all his internal organs none of his bones are broken, thank God. Something with his Liver and Kidneys are elevated. But so far his organs seem to be fine. The ER doc said that an MRI sometimes won't pick up injured organs if they aren't immediatly bleeding so we have to watch to make sure he don't start throwing up. He keeps crying because his poor hips and back hurt and his tummy.
    Now, what he was doing....he decided because I was busy feeding Emmy to put a DVD in to watch so he climbed up on a huge Tonka truck to reach the DVD player which sits on top of the TV. I am assuming the truck rolled out from underhim and he grabbed the tv to catch himself and it fell on his back as he slipped. So this makes 4 for me..my moms lung cancer..my uncle Ed's bladder cancer, my sister in laws anurysm and now Ian's accident! I don't count Emmy's Down's cuz she's a blessing but dang! who's next?!?!?LOL..don't mean to laugh but if I don't I think I just might go insane! Thanks for listening AGAIN!

My Bud's 'R' Marion, Verleen and Jormanoy
    Love is not blind. It sees more not less and because it sees more, it's willing to see less.
  • Manatee25
    Layout Whiz
    • Mar 2007

OH WIZ!!!!! I am so glad to hear your little boy is alright!!! What a scary story!!! YIKES YIKES YIKES!!!! That is about all I can say! YIKES!! I am telling you that kids must have guardian angels.... we moms just can't watch them every second of the day!! I will be praying that no more problems turn up for you Wiz! You have had your fair share!!
    Don't procrastinate being happy!
    And don't procrastinate checking out my store!
    Orange Blossom- new release
    sigpic
    My SBM store

Comment

• jazzieal
      Digi Sage
      • Sep 2006

Oh Wiz..Im so sorry to hear this..and here I have been complaining about the small stuff...when you and other friends here have so much to deal with now..much love and thoughts and prayers are with you and I pray your little boy will be ok..one good thing (I hope) came from his accident..you and your ex best friend were together again..and maybe things will work themselves out with that..we all need our best friends...love and hugs jazz
      My Buddy's Are Crops2dawn, Sue, Eye, Eng, Smiley, Kimbob, PKDoll and Autistic Wonder

Visit my Blog http://wordstodelite.blogspot.com/

Comment

• wolvsie35
        MAX! Mastermind
        • Apr 2007

Poor Wiz, I really hope you see the light at the end of the tunnel soon....I hope your little boy is ok....My mouth dropped while reading this...and I thought I had problems...lol...I'm thinking of ya...you need 24 hrs, to relaxm maybe soak in a hot tub or something....Take it easy...God bless
        I am a Designer 4 ScrapbookMax! Check out my STORE...Thanks!

Comment

• spanielmom
          Layout Whiz
          • Nov 2006

I too was stunned while reading your log. You deserve a break girl! I hope your son is ok. My friend had to attach her TV to the wall because her daughter pulled it down on top of herself also. We will be keeping you in our prayers that nothing else happens in your family.

Comment

• srussell
            Digi Sage
            • Feb 2006

Sorry for your troubles... Quick, get some bailing buckets! Glad your son is OK!
            sigpic
            Visit my aisle in the SBM store!
            My buddies are Granny, Moonbeam and Wolvsie35!

Comment

• Granny
              MAX! Mastermind
              • Mar 2006

Goodness, Whiz, who are you trying to compete with? Days of our Scraps?

Sorry about what happened, but glad the little guy is hanging in there. The great thing about kids is that they are so resilient. Things that would kill us, they get over quick. And you found out that even your ex friend is there for you when you need her most.

Please, keep us posted, and take a deep breath. This too shall pass. Just deal with it one thing at a time.

Love ya,

Granny
              sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

Comment

• eye
                MAX! Mastermind
                • Jul 2006

Oh my goodness wiz you got more strength in yah then most of us.You must of been devastated.I know that fear when you are stuck and wonder who do I get a hold of. I do hope he will be okay. Keep a close watch on him but of coarse I know you will do just that because you are a great mother.Keep us informed xo xo.
                sigpic
                My Buddies -- Sue, Smiles, Jazzereal, Eng, Crops, Terry & Wolvsie35 , Onie, Marion, Jenna's Mommy, All My Memories, Winnie49, Tiffanys Scraps, Grannywin,emst

Comment

• *eng*
                  MAX! Mastermind
                  • Apr 2006

Oh Wiz...bless you. You are amazing , you soldier on with whatever life chucks at you. If we could we'd muck in and help. xxx
                  My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Comment

• mswizard
                    Digi Sage
                    • Mar 2007

Thanks Ladies and Steve

Ian made it through the night and all day today without throwing up. His hips back and belly still hurt him but I think it's better today than last night. He started walking around today slow and with a limp and some wimpers but I think he'll be just fine. Did I tell you that when he went in for his MRI...they attached some tube thing to his IV..to inject something...but when they took the tube thingy off she forgot to put the cap back on his IV. I'm standing there holding him waiting for her to come back in to get us never saw the blood. She comes back in and says "oops! we have a gusher" I looked down and about died...he was just a drippin! and all the nurse said was "OOPS!" lol I had to throw away my shirt..thank god my jeans were black but my poor hiking boots...what a funny color they turned out to be hahaha.
                    Thanks all for your thoughts and your prayers!

My Bud's 'R' Marion, Verleen and Jormanoy
                    Love is not blind. It sees more not less and because it sees more, it's willing to see less.

Comment

• Marion
                      MAX! Mastermind
                      • Feb 2006

What a time you had of it, amazing you can laugh at it, but I guess it beats crying!

Comment

• MaggieMae
                        Digi Sage
                        • May 2006

Thank goodness he's going to be all right! What a fright you had. I've heard about that kind of accident with furniture, too! So glad it's getting better!
                        Julie

Comment

• makeyesup
                          Digi Sage
                          • Jun 2006

Oh my, don't know how you do it. Prayers are flying your way for everyone. You are so very strong with all that happens to your loved ones.

My Buddies - pkdoll, Marion and CraftyScraps

&

Comment

• OnieRN
                            Scrap Guru
                            • May 2006

Omg

I am so glad that Ian is doing better. I was stunned as I read your post. Poor baby, kids are pretty rezeliant! FYI, as a nurse........ what happened with the IV line and the blood gushing..... it's happened to all of us at some time or another!
                            sigpic OWNER OF THE B&B in SCRAPSVILLE

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
                            !

nie

Comment

• pkdoll
                              Scrap Guru
                              • Dec 2006

Oh wiz! You poor thing! I am so glad that your (ex-best friend) was still there for you. I hope that he is alright, and will continue to be alright. I wish I could be there for you.

My Buddies are Marion, Kimbob, Jazziel (RIP), Wolvsie35, Crops2dawn, Makeyesup, Kazr, Moonfairy, Moonlightpearl, and scrappyaggie48

Comment

Working...
                              X