X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kode
    • Mar 2006

Thanks for the new forum!!

Thanks for this new forum. We are all gonna have alot fun!
  • srussell
    Digi Sage
    • Feb 2006

Kode, why don't you kick this section off with some topic that is totally non-scrapbook related and see what kind of mess we can make around here?
    sigpic
    Visit my aisle in the SBM store!
    My buddies are Granny, Moonbeam and Wolvsie35!

Comment

• kode
      • Mar 2006

Gee where is granny when I need her??!! I'm sure she would do a much better job of kicking us off on a topic. Or Steve you would do a great job. By the way Steve when I asked about music awhile back you didn't tell me about the music you have!!! Thanks alot, I see how you are! . Your music is great thanks for sharing (even though you waited so long )

Comment

• srussell
        Digi Sage
        • Feb 2006

Originally posted by kode
        Gee where is granny when I need her??!! I'm sure she would do a much better job of kicking us off on a topic. Or Steve you would do a great job. By the way Steve when I asked about music awhile back you didn't tell me about the music you have!!! Thanks alot, I see how you are! . Your music is great thanks for sharing (even though you waited so long )
        Yes... where is Granny when we need her? we usually can't get a word in edgewise... LMOA

Oops, it looks like I dropped the ball on the music thingy... Kode, here's the link if you didn't get earlier... http://www.iireproductions.com/phacets/phacets.htm

Corey is definitely no slouch... He's got some serious chops as well... like to hear more of his stuff...
        Last edited by srussell; 05-28-2006, 02:33 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

• kode
          • Mar 2006

Oh does Corey sing too? I would love to hear that too. He already suprised me by saying he has long dark hair.
          Moonbeam looks like what I pictured her to look like but not Steve or
          Corey(by his descirption). It's funny how you have a picture in you mind of what people look like and then it isn't anything like it. Kinda like with radio DJ's when they don't end up looking like what you pictured. Not that looks matter but it is still fun knowing.
          Steve your music is awesome you have alot of talent!
          Alot of people here are showing their talents in different areas It is great! I sure wished I had some of that talent all of you guys have!!!

Comment

• Corey
            Layout Whiz
            • Jan 2006

The funnest part was when I taught a web design class at a University here. People were like, "Whaaa?" when I came rolling into the faculty area with my skateboard and long hair.

My singing used to be semi-respectable, sang in a couple small bands, etc. But nowadays lack of practice has caught up with me. Singing is something you have to practice regularly in order to maintain good tone, or at least for me anyhow. I think right now my voice is sort of a smooth blend between the call of a howler monkey and Luciano Pavorotti getting caught in a garage door.

True story -> My first gig ever was at a tiny club in Edmonton called "The Ritz Diner". For some reason I wore a tie. I never wear ties so I'm not at all sure why I did that. This was in the days of zip-up leather ties. The tie I had was super tight, and it had no leeway whatsoever. The net result being that my face looked like a swollen plum all night from getting half-choked by the tie, and I nearly fainted during all the high notes. In fact I was pretty sure I had fainted a couple times and was surprised to discover that I hadn't. Hee. I've never worn a tie to a gig since.
            Scrapbook MAX! is the fun and easy digital scrapbooking software for Windows. Download a free trial version at .

Comment

• Granny
              MAX! Mastermind
              • Mar 2006

HeeeHaaaaa!!! We got it! Alright you powers that be... Thank you so much for listening to your fans!!!

Ok. group, what kind of madness should be try for our grand opening? Funny, I just got home from going to the movies, we saw "Over the Hedge" and it was so funny, I'm all worn out! Can't think of anything crazy right now. But, give it time.

Tell you what, I will give someone else the privilege, I'm just happy to have the new section here.

Granny
              sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

Comment

• Corey
                Layout Whiz
                • Jan 2006

Excellent. Looks like a lot of people wanted the new forum Granny, t'was a bonny wee idea.
                Scrapbook MAX! is the fun and easy digital scrapbooking software for Windows. Download a free trial version at .

Comment

• Marion
                  MAX! Mastermind
                  • Feb 2006

True story

Loved your true story Corey, was fun picturing that in my mind!

About all the art you guys, I am not much of an artist, but I know how to appreciate it, does that count?

Marion

Comment

• Corey
                    Layout Whiz
                    • Jan 2006

Definitely counts.

Comment

• Marion
                      MAX! Mastermind
                      • Feb 2006

Music

Liked your music Steve! Very nice! I use a lot of music from a artist called GNOMUSY in my slide shows for background music. Have you ever heard of him? He is great

Comment

• srussell
                        Digi Sage
                        • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Marion
                        Liked your music Steve! Very nice! I use a lot of music from a artist called GNOMUSY in my slide shows for background music. Have you ever heard of him? He is great
                        Thanks... Never heard of GNOMUSY... Do you have a link?
                        sigpic

Comment

• kode
                          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Corey
                          The funnest part was when I taught a web design class at a University here. People were like, "Whaaa?" when I came rolling into the faculty area with my skateboard and long hair.

My singing used to be semi-respectable, sang in a couple small bands, etc. But nowadays lack of practice has caught up with me. Singing is something you have to practice regularly in order to maintain good tone, or at least for me anyhow. I think right now my voice is sort of a smooth blend between the call of a howler monkey and Luciano Pavorotti getting caught in a garage door.

True story -> My first gig ever was at a tiny club in Edmonton called "The Ritz Diner". For some reason I wore a tie. I never wear ties so I'm not at all sure why I did that. This was in the days of zip-up leather ties. The tie I had was super tight, and it had no leeway whatsoever. The net result being that my face looked like a swollen plum all night from getting half-choked by the tie, and I nearly fainted during all the high notes. In fact I was pretty sure I had fainted a couple times and was surprised to discover that I hadn't. Hee. I've never worn a tie to a gig since.
                          So Corey when do we get to hear your music!!!???

Comment

• Corey
                            Layout Whiz
                            • Jan 2006

I don't do much that would fly here but here's one from a year or two ago:

These days I'm mainly brushing up on production and engineering. Haven't played as much as I should for a little while now. So much to learn, only 24 hours in each day.

Comment

• kode
                              • Mar 2006

Wow your music is great Corey!!! You are a very multi-talented person as well as alot of other people here!
                              I do know what you men about only 24 hours in a day!! You would think that would be plenty but it just isn't quite enough time in a day.
                              Thanks for sharing your music I appreciate it!
                              Last edited by kode; 05-29-2006, 07:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X