Groove Newsletter Contest June 2007: Dear Dad (FREEBIES HERE!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Groove
    • Jun 2006

Groove Newsletter Contest June 2007: Dear Dad (FREEBIES HERE!)

Celebrate Father's Day with The Groove!
    The June 2007 issue of The Groove is here, and we're celebrating fathers! Dads are special in so many ways, and in June, we take the time to tell them why. What better way than by scrapping our memories with "dear dad"!

To download the June 2007 issue of The Groove (pdf), click here. Or, if you would rather read it online, visit scrapbookgroove.com

CONTEST DETAILS
    This month's contest is called "Dear Dad". Submit your best "dad" layouts, and scrap from the heart! We're looking for layouts that pay tribute to fathers in any style you want: humorous, sentimental, colorful, subdued, vintage, or ultra-hip! We will be honoring 3 winning layouts. The 1st place winner of the "Dear Dad" contest will receive a $20 gift certificate to the Scrapbook MAX! Booster Pack Store. Two runners-up will each receive an official Scrapbook MAX! mousepad.

To enter, publish your layout as a JPEG image at High Quality and Web/Email size, and upload it to the contest page. The deadline is Monday, June 25, 2007, Midnight (CST).

We encourage you to reply to this thread after you enter the contest. Post a link to your entry and tell us a bit about it so we can all get in on the fun!

MONTHLY FREEBIE
    And now for everyone's favorite – THE MONTHLY FREEBIE, generously supplied by our "very own" Julia Corley!

Julia creates lovely kits for the Scrapbook MAX! Booster Pack Store, with a focus on florals in her template and booster pack designs. According to Julia, she got the urge to " try something in a blue tone...Midnight Blue is what I came up with!". Julia has generously shared some of these blue creations with you, for free! (The freebies are attached to this post - download them right into Scrapbook MAX! and get scrappin'!)

The midnight blue freebies come from Julia's Midnight Blue #479- you can buy the complete kit for only $3.50!

View more of Julia's kits in the store!

Happy Scrappin' from The Groove!

Karin and Marnie

P.S. Not yet signed up for The Groove? Click here to subscribe.
    Attached Files
    The Groove Avatar made with embellishments found in our various Expansion Packs for Scrapbook MAX! 2.0
  • angelfaye
    • Mar 2007

thank you julia!!!
    Love and Light to you and yours
    Faye
    xx

sigpic

Comment

• wolvsie35
      MAX! Mastermind
      • Apr 2007

Dedication to my dad

I posted this in the layout section as most of you already saw...but I read this and was told to post it in here as well...This is the first contest I entered, so I didn't really know all the rules...Everything on the page was created by myself...

It was very sad making this page, but it brought back alot of good memories too...My father passed away before he got to know his youngest grandchild...The good Lord needed him...He was struggling with cancer for two years before he passed away...I wrote a poem about him and added it to the page...It was read at his funeral as well...Creating this page was very sentimental, but beautiful, at the same time...We all miss him...Happy Father's Day Dad!!!!!
      Attached Files
      I am a Designer 4 ScrapbookMax! Check out my STORE...Thanks!

Comment

• workingjo3
        Mad Scrapper
        • Sep 2006

Thanks, I love Julia's work and I love freebies too. Its a win win for me.
        Jo

Comment

• wolvsie35
          MAX! Mastermind
          • Apr 2007

June Contest

Here is another page I made from the same theme...But this one is dedicated to the children that lost their fathers in the military...

Attached Files
          I am a Designer 4 ScrapbookMax! Check out my STORE...Thanks!

Comment

• pkdoll
            Scrap Guru
            • Dec 2006

What a nice tribute to your father wolvsie. Very nice LO!

My Buddies are Marion, Kimbob, Jazziel (RIP), Wolvsie35, Crops2dawn, Makeyesup, Kazr, Moonfairy, Moonlightpearl, and scrappyaggie48

Comment

• Gotart
              Mad Scrapper
              • Nov 2006

Bittersweet Memories

This is my Father-in-law relaxing with a Coors, watching the kids play in the water after a long day of float tubing..When I took this pic I didn't realize it would be one of my all time favorites..

The story:
              It was our vacation time & Gerald wanted us to meet him & Beulah for a week of fishing at Island Park. I really wanted to go on a separate vacation but gave in. We really had a good time & took the kids to Yellowstone for a day. Little did we know this would be the last time we would see him.. He died of a stroke 6 weeks later.
              This is for you Bob...Happy Father's Day

sigpic

Comment

• Meechie
                • May 2007

mother's and father's day this year have been especially heartwarming simply because it is a first for both my boyfriend and I. Noah was born last July, and he has changed our lives in so many ways...we love him dearly.

here is my layout...

Comment

• vnginger
                  Mad Scrapper
                  • Jun 2006

Originally posted by wolvsie35 View Post
                  I posted this in the layout section as most of you already saw...but I read this and was told to post it in here as well...This is the first contest I entered, so I didn't really know all the rules...Everything on the page was created by myself...

It was very sad making this page, but it brought back alot of good memories too...My father passed away before he got to know his youngest grandchild...The good Lord needed him...He was struggling with cancer for two years before he passed away...I wrote a poem about him and added it to the page...It was read at his funeral as well...Creating this page was very sentimental, but beautiful, at the same time...We all miss him...Happy Father's Day Dad!!!!!
                  http://www.scrapbookmax.com/gallery/...12870&cat=1811
                  Your dad was so young! Very nice dedication... brought tears to my eyes.

sigpic

Comment

• The Groove
                    • Jun 2006

Well... we're loving all of June's contest entries so far!

But we want to see more dad designs! Remember, contest ends Monday, June 25, 2007 at midnight CST (that's only a couple more sleeps!) So dig out those father photos - maybe you have a bunch just begging to be scrapped from last Sunday's Father's Day? - and submit your creation to The Groove's "Dear, Dad" June Layout contest.

Good luck, and Happy Scrapping!

Karin and Marnie
                    The Groove Editors
                    The Groove Avatar made with embellishments found in our various Expansion Packs for Scrapbook MAX! 2.0

Comment

Working...
                    X