+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Too Cute!

Oh Granny, I love em!!!!

Default Inspiration to all.

Thanks moon beam, you look amazing well done, i too am on the losing train, have lost7 Kilo's so far not sure what that is in pounds but it sure feels good,
    JoJo.

These are great granny! I love them, the lady cracks me up!!

Its great Moonbeam, I will have to use this one when I finally get to the end of my journey!!

Thumbs up I know what a kilo is!

A kilo = 2.2 pounds. So you have lost 7 x 2.2 = 15.4 lbs. That is wonderful!

If she cracks you up, you should see me when I get on the scale!!

Thanks, Kode, glad you like them.

Granny

Thanks for that onieRN,will remember that, still feels good. lol
    JoJo

Quote Originally Posted by OnieRN
    Moonbeam, congrats!!! I quit smoking about 1 1/2 years ago and managed to add 70 lbs with it! I am struggling but I also have a major thyroid issue that is also hindering. Well I'm hanging in there but have only lost 2 lbs in a month.

I will use this templete myself as I continue my journey
    Only 2 lbs a month is the best way - slow and steady wins the race..... It took me 18 months to lose 55lbs..and I found that is the reason I have kept it off - simply because it gave me time to create new "Habits".. I guess this site is not the place to discuss it as it is so Off Topic but you are welcome to join us at Walking with Attitude ..we have a weight loss discussion section -I'm the forum moderator there so we'd love to help you and encourage you...then you can have your before and after photo's here on the Gallery

Smile

Thanks for the encouragement. I really need it. It does get discouraging.

Quote Originally Posted by Tammy
    GO GIRLS! I'm a quitter too!
    I quit drinking 15 1/2 yrs. ago. ( Put on another pack a day, smoking!)
    I quit smoking 2 1/2 yrs ago. (Put on 30 lbs. since!)

How does one go from never having a weight problem or having to watch what I eat...
    to: DIET = Deprivation!
    Note: I don't grasp the concept of "Moderation"!
    I quit smoking many many years ago ( thank goodness) after I watched my Dad die of emphysema...but I put on weight too.
    I used to think Diet =Deprivation..I NEVER EVER use the word "diet" or think of it as a diet... I have just made permanent changes that I can comfortably live with..... It was only when I got rid of that idea that I actually looked at it as a journey and simply changed my eating habits... I eat more now than ever .I just eat differently...I cook differently .............At first people tried to make me feel like I was deprived when I said no thanks to Hot chips & a chocolate donut etc.... But now as I see them overweight and unwell & diabetic I know I am not deprived!! They are - deprived of feeling alive and well -Even Ian's diabetes has been reversed..his doctor is wrapt.
    His recent surgery was not "health" Issues but an injury.
    You too should check out walkingwithattitude.comif you want motivation and support to lose weight the right way and for good!
    Nicmaysy ( a few posts above) is a member at Walking with attitude and at the moment we are team mates on the same Walking challenge ( even though we have never met) and she is an inspiration to us there - she is doing so well.
    Last edited by Moonbeam; 05-25-2006 at 09:27 PM.