+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

that's pretty much the exact facial expression both my cat and I would have in that scenario.
    That's because I knew you would both be singing the blues!!!

The essense of your personality filters down through the pages of this inmortal forum, to reach us in a wave..... Where did all that come from. My doctor said this would be a side effect from the Frontal Labotomy. Hmmmm.

Glad you all like him.

Granny

oh my god granny... Hilarious !!! Love it !

I'm lucky he tolerates me frankly.
    Scrapbook MAX! is the fun and easy digital scrapbooking software for Windows. Download a free trial version at www.scrapbookmax.com.

I was just thinking earlier today that you mentioned your guitar a few times in the past... so I was going to post "Lets Here Something!!!" and now...

Is that you playing guitar on "a-grace" and "original reggae song"?

Not bad! ... for a Canadian...

I'm sure your saying to yourself ... "I don't need this.. I get enough abuse at work!"

Steve
    Last edited by srussell; 05-26-2006 at 08:18 PM.

Canadian? Canadian? Is the boy from up there? Hey, I grew up drinking Canada Dry! Not to mention British Columbia, Vancouver, Victoria, The Bushard Gardens, The Fabled Cottage... Need I go on...

Let's give the boy a brake... He's double cool!

But remember.... "Nobody leaves this place... without singing the blues!"

Granny

Quote Originally Posted by Corey
    Hee, actually I have long dark hair. But hey, no one's perfect. She definitely captured my spirit, that's pretty much the exact facial expression both my cat and I would have in that scenario. Hee.

Here's what BooBoo looks like, some random video clips I took of him last spring which I set to a keyboard tune I did.
    http://media.putfile.com/BooBoo-Kitty
    Corey I just don't picture you having long dark hair (I'm not sure what I picture you as but thats not it!!)

Yes that's me Steve. I don't mind being teased, 'tis all in good fun! You guys crack me up.

Kode, I know what you mean, that's forums for you... I'm definitely not typical of the scrapping scene.

Anyhow since some seem curious I'll tell it like it is. I'm basically an artsy type. A vegetarian. I play music, paint, write, etc. Mid 30's, into healthy living, spend most of my time working. In terms of physical appearance I basically look like a random guitar player from a random rock band in a random music magazine. Skinny, long hair, blue jeans, confused expression... Not by design, just the way nature panned it out.
    Scrapbook MAX! is the fun and easy digital scrapbooking software for Windows. Download a free trial version at www.scrapbookmax.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey
    Yes that's me Steve. I don't mind being teased, 'tis all in good fun! You guys crack me up.

Kode, I know what you mean, that's forums for you... I'm definitely not typical of the scrapping scene.

Anyhow since some seem curious I'll tell it like it is. I'm basically an artsy type. A vegetarian. I play music, paint, write, etc. Mid 30's, into healthy living, spend most of my time working. In terms of physical appearance I basically look like a random guitar player from a random rock band in a random music magazine. Skinny, long hair, blue jeans, confused expression... Not by design, just the way nature panned it out.
    When I first came here I was really surprised to find any men into scrapbooking..... So you being "artsy" explains it... What sort of painting do you do? I used to be an Art teacher... Mainly folk Art and I have done trompe L'Oeil ( which I love) I think the artsy streak in me finds expression in scrapbooking as I don't get much time to paint these days.... I have many phot's of my paintings ( murals) on walls and doors and cupboards etc that I must scrapbook one of these days....Is there no end to subjects to scrapbook ? No! looks like I'll have to do a painting template.
    You're right the forum guys are great and it's nice to "meet" you Corey and get tp picture who we are dealing with....

Well to be clear it's my job to be here, I'm the creative director for the company who makes Scrapbook MAX! But that being said, all my posts here are generally done on my own time and I genuinely like everyone I've met here.

I love Trompe L'Oeil. I was just admiring some pieces by Heinrich Füssli today in a book. Stunning. Some of my favorite stuff ever.

My main thing was cubism but I sort of took it into an area I called epicentrism which is merely a crude style of cubism. Here's an example, a piece I did called "Cowboy with Guitar" (acrylic on illustration board 40" X 20"). You get the idea, one central point from which the entire piece emanates. Nothing special, just a thing which struck my fancy. I also did a little realism and some other stuff. Particularly contes, here's a still life I did years ago (B & W conte on white construction paper 9" X 12"). As you can see I was about average-ish. Some basic talent but crude and lacking proper detail. I have very limited potential. I haven't really been painting and drawing much since I moved to Calgary a few years ago, I'm more into audio stuff now although I plan to get back to the visual stuff at some point, particularly photography and video this year.
    Attached Images

You better not get paid to like us! You better like us for free!
    and re your paintings..WOW! I think you have more than everage talent there.. I love the cowboy that is so clever and very different...
    Painting is a way to "get lost" isn't it! The only time I ever truly turn off from everything else on this planet..I get lost in my work for hours..I miss doing it regularly