X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SueKohl
    • May 2007

I'm new with 2 questions..

Hi everyone! My name is Sue and I just started using SM and I am loving it. I was wondering...what is the best type of paper to use to print your scrapbook pages? I also would love to know if I can download kits from other places and add those to SM... for example..sometimes Two Peas in and Bucket will offer a free scrapbook kit from their web site..how do I transfer that to SM..or can I?
  • nanwu
    Digi Sage
    • Apr 2007

hi SueKohl, welcome to our little community. I use Photo paper and change from gloss to matte depending on the effect I want, I actually prefer the matte. I'm not much at explaining how to do things so I will leave it for someone else to answer your second question. but once again welcome you will love sbm and everyone one here

My buddies are Angelwithin, omajo, babylicious36, all my memories. and Angle

Comment

• Nikita♥
      • Apr 2007

Hey welcome to SM.. I dunno wat paper to use i just started using SM too

Angelwithin is ma bum chum

Comment

• knzus
        Digi Sage
        • Jan 2007

Howdy Sue! Glad to have you here in our little (big now?) community -- you will love it here!

I use Kodak photo paper, any type...I buy at Walmart. It's the best I've found to work with. Personally, I go for the gloss...my family thinks those turn out the best.

Yes, you can download from other places and save the items to your SBM folders, or make a new folder right there on your desktop (or wherever you prefer). All those items work with your SBM program. Plus, don't forget to check out the "Embellishments" and "Templates" forums for things that some of us have made to share with everyone. If you can't figure out how to put those items in a folder somewhere, give a holler and I (or someone) will help.
        Last edited by knzus; 05-16-2007, 06:32 PM.
        Diana

Be good to your favorite designer (I used to be one!) by LETTING THEM KNOW how much you appreciate their work!

Comment

• crops2dawn
          MAX! Mastermind
          • Jul 2006

I am with Kansas in this one, Kodak paper is perfect for printing at home, I wait until Staples has a buy one get one free sale. Around here the paper goes for 24-26 dollars.( for 50 sheets) The higher the mil the better the paper, I usually get 11 - 12 mil paper, I prefer the matte but it soooo hard to find anymore. Another good one is HP, they make pretty good photo paper and I have used it on occasion.

My Buddies: Jazz, Smile, Sue, Eng and Eye "CHILLS", Poppabob, PKdoll, Onie, Pickngrin

Comment

• SueKohl
            • May 2007

Thank you, you wonderful people!!!

Thanks all for your replys, I so appreciate it. I have been printing on white card stock but will certainly switch to photo paper, matte or gloss.

I am still a bit confused on the transfering to sm to use other templets. I tried this once but cant seem to find my pages and embellishments since I transferred them. I will keep at it though. Thanks again!!!! I have purchased temps and embellishments from sm and they work wonderful.

Sue

Comment

• crops2dawn
              MAX! Mastermind
              • Jul 2006

Hey Sue, What I do and lots of others do is to make a folder on your desktop, put everything in that folder from everywhere, that way its all in one place, (then I sort out that folder into groups...however you want to organize it) then when I am working on a layout in SBM, I shrink SBM a little, open the folder with all my stuff from everywhere and do the drag and drop method (click on the item you want drag it into SBM and WALAAAA, from there it will ask ya if you want it to be a photo, paper, embelllishmant etc. just click and is there. hope that helps ya a bit!

My Buddies: Jazz, Smile, Sue, Eng and Eye "CHILLS", Poppabob, PKdoll, Onie, Pickngrin

Comment

• makeyesup
                Digi Sage
                • Jun 2006

When I print pictures at home, I use the Kodak, quick drying and also wait until it's on sale.

For scrapbook pages, I have them printed on matte paper. I use a site called scrapbookpictures.

Also resize the SBM screen so that I can use my windows explorer to find what I want to have on my page(s). Then use the drag and drop method.

My Buddies - pkdoll, Marion and CraftyScraps

&

Comment

• SueKohl
                  • May 2007

Thanks so much for this info...I will do this now and am very excited about trying it out. Thanks!!!!!!!

Comment

• sacannon
                    MAX! Mastermind
                    • Aug 2006

If I want bright colors, I stick to gloss, If I don't care about the brightness the Matt finish is fine. However my printer is finicky. I have to use HP Premium or it doesn't want to pull the paper through. The recomendations on my printer even say to use the premium. So you might want to check your printer instructions first. Knsus and Crops already answered you other question. I agree with them.
                    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Comment

• sacannon
                      MAX! Mastermind
                      • Aug 2006

forgot to say welcome to SBM!
                      [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Comment

• magnolia
                        • May 2007

Hi, I'm using the 30 day trial of scrapbook max and think its great. I would like to purchase the full version but cannot find a site in Australia to get it from.
                        I live in Australia on the Gold Coast Queensland and would like to know if its possible to buy it here rather than pay an exchange rate and shipping fees.
                        Could you plse advise.
                        Thanks

Comment

• PHILIP WHITTAKER
                          • Mar 2007

Printing Photos

Most of my printing goes to Camera Club exhibitions/competitions.
                          I have a Canon i9950 printer and use Canon Inks and Canon paper, both gloss and semi gloss. I would have to say that reproduction of colour is not a problem on either paper.
                          Some photographs lend themselves to gloss and others to semi-gloss. Name brand papers are manufactured having in mind the inks that are used in the printer. It is basically about the paper's ability to absorb the ink without allowing it to bleed, that is spread out on the paper, I guess that is about initial drying time. Of course economy in costs is a factor and mixing up inks and papers will meet with a level of success. The name brands will always want you to use their products with their printers.

Originally posted by SueKohl View Post
                          Hi everyone! My name is Sue and I just started using SM and I am loving it. I was wondering...what is the best type of paper to use to print your scrapbook pages? I also would love to know if I can download kits from other places and add those to SM... for example..sometimes Two Peas in and Bucket will offer a free scrapbook kit from their web site..how do I transfer that to SM..or can I?

Comment

• TerryW
                            • Apr 2007

Originally posted by magnolia View Post
                            Hi, I'm using the 30 day trial of scrapbook max and think its great. I would like to purchase the full version but cannot find a site in Australia to get it from.
                            I live in Australia on the Gold Coast Queensland and would like to know if its possible to buy it here rather than pay an exchange rate and shipping fees.
                            Could you plse advise.
                            Thanks
                            Magnolia,
                            I live in Australia also - I did it direct with SBM - the exchange rate doesn't make it any more expensive and even if you could get it in Oz you would still be hit with mailing fee's. Keep in mind that the exchange rate BALANCES the economic differences, it does not mean you are paying more. My copy took 5 weeks to arrive but there is pleanty to play with in the meantime.

Welcome aboard.
                            TerryW
                            My buddies are:
                            Too many to list - too valuable not to. They are... Diamonds in my Life!

Chocolate Wisdom of Life
                            Life is like a box of chocolates - No matter what you end up with - they all start out sweet!

Previous Chocolate Wisdom of Life -
                            Some of them are hard.
                            It never seems to last long enough.
                            No one wants the cruddy ones.

Comment

• eye
                              MAX! Mastermind
                              • Jul 2006

I order my 12x12 on this site. They do excellent work. All I have to do is slide them into my scrapbook and it is finished.Welcome all.
                              sigpic
                              My Buddies -- Sue, Smiles, Jazzereal, Eng, Crops, Terry & Wolvsie35 , Onie, Marion, Jenna's Mommy, All My Memories, Winnie49, Tiffanys Scraps, Grannywin,emst

Comment

Working...
                              X