+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default I'm new with 2 questions..

Hi everyone! My name is Sue and I just started using SM and I am loving it. I was wondering...what is the best type of paper to use to print your scrapbook pages? I also would love to know if I can download kits from other places and add those to SM... for example..sometimes Two Peas in and Bucket will offer a free scrapbook kit from their web site..how do I transfer that to SM..or can I?

hi SueKohl, welcome to our little community. I use Photo paper and change from gloss to matte depending on the effect I want, I actually prefer the matte. I'm not much at explaining how to do things so I will leave it for someone else to answer your second question. but once again welcome you will love sbm and everyone one here

My buddies are Angelwithin, omajo, babylicious36, all my memories. and Angle

Hey welcome to SM.. I dunno wat paper to use i just started using SM too

Angelwithin is ma bum chum

Get a Taste of Religion.. Lick a Witch

Howdy Sue! Glad to have you here in our little (big now?) community -- you will love it here!

I use Kodak photo paper, any type...I buy at Walmart. It's the best I've found to work with. Personally, I go for the gloss...my family thinks those turn out the best.

Yes, you can download from other places and save the items to your SBM folders, or make a new folder right there on your desktop (or wherever you prefer). All those items work with your SBM program. Plus, don't forget to check out the "Embellishments" and "Templates" forums for things that some of us have made to share with everyone. If you can't figure out how to put those items in a folder somewhere, give a holler and I (or someone) will help.
    Last edited by knzus; 05-16-2007 at 06:32 PM.
    Diana

Be good to your favorite designer (I used to be one!) by LETTING THEM KNOW how much you appreciate their work!

I am with Kansas in this one, Kodak paper is perfect for printing at home, I wait until Staples has a buy one get one free sale. Around here the paper goes for 24-26 dollars.( for 50 sheets) The higher the mil the better the paper, I usually get 11 - 12 mil paper, I prefer the matte but it soooo hard to find anymore. Another good one is HP, they make pretty good photo paper and I have used it on occasion.

My Buddies: Jazz, Smile, Sue, Eng and Eye "CHILLS", Poppabob, PKdoll, Onie, Pickngrin

Default Thank you, you wonderful people!!!

Thanks all for your replys, I so appreciate it. I have been printing on white card stock but will certainly switch to photo paper, matte or gloss.

I am still a bit confused on the transfering to sm to use other templets. I tried this once but cant seem to find my pages and embellishments since I transferred them. I will keep at it though. Thanks again!!!! I have purchased temps and embellishments from sm and they work wonderful.

Sue

Hey Sue, What I do and lots of others do is to make a folder on your desktop, put everything in that folder from everywhere, that way its all in one place, (then I sort out that folder into groups...however you want to organize it) then when I am working on a layout in SBM, I shrink SBM a little, open the folder with all my stuff from everywhere and do the drag and drop method (click on the item you want drag it into SBM and WALAAAA, from there it will ask ya if you want it to be a photo, paper, embelllishmant etc. just click and is there. hope that helps ya a bit!

My Buddies: Jazz, Smile, Sue, Eng and Eye "CHILLS", Poppabob, PKdoll, Onie, Pickngrin

When I print pictures at home, I use the Kodak, quick drying and also wait until it's on sale.

For scrapbook pages, I have them printed on matte paper. I use a site called scrapbookpictures.

Also resize the SBM screen so that I can use my windows explorer to find what I want to have on my page(s). Then use the drag and drop method.

My Buddies - pkdoll, Marion and CraftyScraps

&

Thanks so much for this info...I will do this now and am very excited about trying it out. Thanks!!!!!!!

If I want bright colors, I stick to gloss, If I don't care about the brightness the Matt finish is fine. However my printer is finicky. I have to use HP Premium or it doesn't want to pull the paper through. The recomendations on my printer even say to use the premium. So you might want to check your printer instructions first. Knsus and Crops already answered you other question. I agree with them.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]