• srussell
    Digi Sage
    • Feb 2006

Template: Dalmations

For any Dalmation lovers out there...
    Attached Files
    sigpic
    Visit my aisle in the SBM store!
    My buddies are Granny, Moonbeam and Wolvsie35!
  • kode
    • Mar 2006

This so cute Steve! My 2 year old loved it too! He loves dogs and was so happy when he saw this. Thanks

Comment

• srussell
      Digi Sage
      • Feb 2006

Originally posted by kode
      This so cute Steve! My 2 year old loved it too! He loves dogs and was so happy when he saw this. Thanks
      Do you have Dalmations?
      sigpic
      Visit my aisle in the SBM store!
      My buddies are Granny, Moonbeam and Wolvsie35!

Comment

• lilbinkey
        Layout Whiz
        • Apr 2006

OHHH Steve Its Perfect for My Moms Dog!!! I will make a Page with it & than post it so u can see what I mean... :-) LOL

Thanks

Comment

• Moonbeam
          • Mar 2006

My first re-action as I viewed it was "Sooo cute!" then I saw that everyone said that so therefore it is unanimous - this IS a cutie ..thanks for letting us use it!

Comment

• Corey
            Layout Whiz
            • Jan 2006

Dalmations are a nifty breed. They were actually bred to protect carriage horses. People say their presence has a naturally calming effect on horses. They were basically fighting dogs though, experts at running alongside horses and even between their legs at times (at full speed) to fight off stray dogs who would nip at their heels, all at full speed without missing a stride. Amazing feat really. Those dogs can run *forever* without getting tired. Super strong too, pound for pound one of the tougher breeds around even though it's not as obvious as with some other breeds. I love Dalmations, they've got a lot of character.
            Scrapbook MAX! is the fun and easy digital scrapbooking software for Windows. Download a free trial version at .

Comment

• kode
              • Mar 2006

Boy we learn alot in this community! Interesting stuff Corey!!

Comment

• Corey
                Layout Whiz
                • Jan 2006

I saw a video once of a Dalmation running with a horse carriage and it was astounding. The horse just kept cruising no matter what (fast) and the dog was weaving in and out through the horse's legs, sometimes fully underneath the horse's belly for a few strides at a time. Never seen anything like it in my whole life. Can you imagine trying to run underneath a horse at full pace?

Being a HUGE fan of nature though I really wonder what it is about Dalmations which makes the horses ignore them, because if you try that exact same feat with a different breed, i.e. Sheperd or Terrier, the horse's don't go for it apparently. They get scared. There's something intrinsic to Dalmations which horses find specifically unobjectionable. Which is actually quite odd because if you hang around Dalmations you notice immediately that they are not particularly calm dogs, i.e. like sheepdogs. Dalmations are reasonably high strung. Anyhooo... Nature never fails to amaze and entertain me.
                Scrapbook MAX! is the fun and easy digital scrapbooking software for Windows. Download a free trial version at .

Comment

• Granny
                  MAX! Mastermind
                  • Mar 2006

Can you imagine trying to run underneath a horse at full pace?

Yes, every year on April 15th!!!

Thank you for the wonderful facts. My brother in law had one, he named him Zigfield Rigamortis Barry. He was a wonderful dog. They can be real mean though, wonderful protectors. I love them too. Down with Cruella Devil!!!

Wonderful template, Steve.

Granny
                  sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

Comment

• Corey
                    Layout Whiz
                    • Jan 2006

Yes, exactly. You definitely don't want to get on the wrong side of a Dalmation. Great name, love it.

Comment

Working...
                    X