+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bookmarks gone

Angry Bookmarks gone

NOOOOOOOOO ...... everysingle one of my bookmarks have GONE.
    My Firefox bookmark tab is EMPTY ...... ahhhhhh. I'm gonna cry.

Tried to do a restore of my bookmarks and apprently all I can get back are my old IE favourites which is a waste of time cos I deleted 90% of them when I got rid of defunct pages 6 months ago. Which btw is just before I got into scrapbooking. SO I dont have a single scrapbook favourite. I've lost all my psp tutorial sites, True Space tutorial sites, the ones about the type of cancer my dad has, the trisomy 13 site that my nephew is on .... etc etc etc ... moan, rant, scream, have a fit, jump up and down, sit back down, scream again, have Amy join in with the screaming ...... dang she can scream louder than me, cry, stamp my feet.

Ok now I need a nice cool glass of ice tea to contemplate how long its gonna take me to find these sites again.
    Oh and I need to point out to this problem that God is bigger than it. Dont think its gonna go away but it might help

**Sigh**
    Sue xx

Makeyesup and Marion are my Buddies

Relax, take it easy and enjoy.

Try calling your ISP (Internet Service Provider) they may be able to help you. Might still have them somewhere. What were you doing b4 you lost them? I don't really know much about that-but it sure is worth it to call your ISP and see if by chance they can help.

My Buddies are Marion, Kimbob, Jazziel (RIP), Wolvsie35, Crops2dawn, Makeyesup, Kazr, Moonfairy, Moonlightpearl, and scrappyaggie48

this happened to me 6 months ago on aol when it decided to crash and i had to re-install ....ilearnt my lesson the hard way andnow email all the links to myself on my other email accounts under the assumption that 3 servers cant crash at once

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
    :
    Check out my store
    Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

There, don't ever say I never gave you anything!!!

http://www.cathyscorner2.com/psplinks/authors_1.html

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

Quote Originally Posted by Granny View Post
    There, don't ever say I never gave you anything!!!

http://www.cathyscorner2.com/psplinks/authors_1.html

I have lost my favorites so often, I can't even count the times. So I feel for you, but you know what.... Life went on!

So maybe for future reference (which I know doesn't help you now) I found that you can make a folder of favorites and put it on a separate harddrive or disc or flashdrive, whatever you decide. But you do have to back it up regularly!
    Maybe we can help you find some of them. What do you remember about them???

I can't help much, but here's that cold glass of ice tea you wanted and a sympathy hug

My buddies are Angelwithin, omajo, babylicious36, all my memories. and Angle

Ameliasmuma...
    Favorites are automatically kept on your computer and can usually be easily recovered.

Firefox keeps its favorites in a folder like this...

C:\Documents and Settings\Your-log-on-name\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\...
    (look for a bookmarks.htm file, this is just a normal web page on your system, with all of your fav's listed)

IE keeps all of its fav's in...
    C:\Documents and Settings\Your-log-on-name\Application Data\Favorites...
    If you use IE file - import/export, export favorites, it will also create a bookmarks.htm file that you can use to recover from later.

(thats on Win XP, default install).

If you can see the above folders, and bookmarks.htm files, then your fav's are not lost. (copy them as backup anyway).
    Last edited by Harrybush; 05-07-2007 at 06:34 PM.

Thanks Harry, I should have included the path.
    And it is easy to make a backup on your external harddrive.

I didn't know about the folder, great, I must look. I do however save my bookmarks , they are easier to find as well the way that Firefox saves them. I keep a shortcut on my desktop. I have so many, I save so much coz I know I'll never find it again..... a bit like hoarding things in case they come in useful some day
    My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Correction...
    (note to self ...never post in forums whilst sober!)

Above should read....
    IE keeps all of its fav's in...
    C:\Documents and Settings\Your-log-on-name\Favorites...

IE users can simply copy this entire folder to back up your favorites, but it's a better method to use the import/export function to create a bookmarks.html file in say .../My Documents.

Or...
    If you have both Firefox and IE,
    Import the IE fav's into Firefox,
    then just copy (backup) the firefox created bookmarks.html file, (as per folder above post) as it should then include both lists.

that confusing enough?