+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Default Pages For Our Military

OK EVERYONE..those of you who have read the Chain of Honor Thread in the forums know
    we are trying to do something to let our military fighting in the Middle East, from all countries,
    know that we are supporting them..morale is very low now due to all the controversay going on
    about the war..now more than ever they need US to let them know we care..one of our members and a chaplin came up with the idea that we could all make a page..then she will download all of them and make a dvd and send it..the chaplin will then play it for the men and women..PLEASE EVERYONE make a page ..we need a lot to send...its the least we can do to show we are
    thinking of them...and that we do care about them..it will make you feel good if you do, it did me after you post your picture in the gallery, click on the UBB Code button, then come here and paste it..this will put the full size page here and make it easier to download for the DVD.. deadline to post is May 20th..thats just so everyone will have time and we will know we have everyones page..thanks and lets really really show the SBM Family Love...
    My Buddy's Are Crops2dawn, Sue, Eye, Eng, Smiley, Kimbob, PKDoll and Autistic Wonder

Visit my Blog http://wordstodelite.blogspot.com/

Question This is so wonderful

Jazz this sounds wonderful! Are you planning on putting the actual DVD together? I want to make sure I include my kids in this project!!! Since this is being sent to ACTIVE DUTY who are serving NOW..... Show are project focus on them, rather than the veterans?

Please understand, I am a veteran but I was thinking that this project should focus on those of the current war. Am I wrong here?

Now that I feel dumb........... Apparently my method of posting is different from others. Meaning..... I am not familar with using the USS CODE Button. I have always copied from the address line then paste into the post. I have notice that some post several links or the quote several different people, all in the same post. How do you do that? I can only figure out to put one (1) in each posting. If I try to go copy/paste something else, I lose what I'm working on, when I leave my post window.

Does that make sense? I honestly have no idea how to do what other's are doing and it's even harder trying to explain what I'm trying to do!!!!!
    OWNER OF THE B&B in SCRAPSVILLE

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
    !

nie

Quote Originally Posted by OnieRN View Post
    Jazz this sounds wonderful! Are you planning on putting the actual DVD together? I want to make sure I include my kids in this project!!! Since this is being sent to ACTIVE DUTY who are serving NOW..... Show are project focus on them, rather than the veterans?

Please understand, I am a veteran but I was thinking that this project should focus on those of the current war. Am I wrong here?

Now that I feel dumb........... Apparently my method of posting is different from others. Meaning..... I am not familar with using the USS CODE Button. I have always copied from the address line then paste into the post. I have notice that some post several links or the quote several different people, all in the same post. How do you do that? I can only figure out to put one (1) in each posting. If I try to go copy/paste something else, I lose what I'm working on, when I leave my post window.

Does that make sense? I honestly have no idea how to do what other's are doing and it's even harder trying to explain what I'm trying to do!!!!!
    You make perfect sense Onie..first yes its just for the ones serving now..I have tremendous respect for all of our veterans but we are just focusing on the active now..
    The USS Code Button is very easy..just click on it..you dont have to copy and paste the address from the address line..once you click on that button it will ask you if you want to add the page to the clipboard..click on yes...thats all you have to do...then come back here open up your thread..type what you want to say and then just click on paste in the window and it posts the addy..when you close the post and open it bk up the page will be posted here just like mine..
    As for quoting several people in one post..Im not sure about that either but Ive seen eye and Terry, that I remember, doing it so Im sure one of them will be glad to explain..soo now just get busy turing out some of those beautiful pages of yours...if you have any problems with the UBB Code just let me know..I will try to help...happy scrapping..
    My Buddy's Are Crops2dawn, Sue, Eye, Eng, Smiley, Kimbob, PKDoll and Autistic Wonder

Dear Onie and Jazz,

Took me a while to figure out at first and it may not be the easiest way but...

To do multiple quotes - whether you start your post with a quote or not doesn't matter - you can add a quote anyhere, any time. Select the text you want to quote > copy > open or return to your message > place cursor at appropriate spot > paste > THEN ADD...

[QUOTE=person's name]followed by your pasted content - and then closing command of - [/QUOTE/]

TAKE NOTE - DO NOT INCLUDE THE SECOND FORWARD SLASH /. I have had to put that in so that the instructions didn't simply appear as a quote in this message.

I have done exaxctly the same thing again but used the CORRECT ending command with the forward slash in front of the word QUOTE only.

Quote Originally Posted by person's name
    followed by your pasted content - and then closing command of -
    The opening and closing commands must be acurate - you know what these computers are like - they never do what you WANT, only what you TELL them. There may be an easier way - don't know!

Hope this is clear enough.

L&R Terry.

Sure hope I'm doing this correctly..Don't no anything about UBB codes..but found the bar for it..Hoping this works..

Default Tribute pages

Gorgeous pages Jazz and Wonder, i cant wait to see what else everyone can come up with. I am so happy that both Jazz and Terry have taken the time to express their feelings and to bring to fruition what most have always wanted to do. This will help the men and woman serving to realize that they are still supported, despite what they hear and see to the contrary. I could tell you stories and let you in on some of what they face on a daily basis but for now i think those things are better left unsaid. Each soldiers life is different, each job is a challenge and each day is precious!!!! So each mans and womans perspectives will be different as well....

Looking forward to seeing what all these creative and loving minds come up with....

Thank you wonder for the beautiful page..and thanks Shelby for your words of encouragement..I am really excited and wait anxiously to see all the beautiful pages from the SBM family..

Here is one of mine, I am going to try and so another!

My Buddies: Jazz, Smile, Sue, Eng and Eye "CHILLS", Poppabob, PKdoll, Onie, Pickngrin

Default Oh My Goodness!!!!!!!!

Stunning! I love it so much. WOW WOW WOW Keep it up!
    OWNER OF THE B&B in SCRAPSVILLE

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
    !

nie

I have been off the air for a few days and will be for a little while, I have taken quite a turn for the worse and not functioning too well but came on this afternoon to see how things were going. This is one post I absolutely had to make because of the L/o's that have been placed her - they are sinply stunning anf I feel proud to have supported Jazz in thie s.
    I've been taken out pretty serious;y at the moment and am pretty much bed rifderen - had to say helllo thos.

Please forgive my absence, take it as a respite from me for a while. When I can I will back on, any personal messages, Irene (eye) has my home e-mail.

Sorry to post tihhe here but one post will see me out.

As soon as I can I see you guys.
    L&R Teryr