• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Trista
    • Apr 2007

Question about Full Version?

Hi Everyone..
    I am new here and have a quick question..I used the trial version yesterday and after about an hour decided to order the full version with the wedding version as well..Today I uninstalled the trial before installing the full licence version and it loaded fine, however, its the same as the trial version..What I mean is that it has only 4 templates in it as the trial version. I know the CD will have tons but doesn't the full version they email to you have more than 4 templates in it?

I can understand that due to the size of the graphics that it makes sense to put it on a CD, I just thought it would be more than the trial version once I paid for it?

Any information would be so appreciated. I am looking forward in meeting other members in this community, it seems like a great forum.

Trista
  • OnieRN
    Scrap Guru
    • May 2006

Hi Trista

Let me try to help you! You received an email. On the email was 2 links to download. Nearly everyone misses the second one at the bottom of that email. The second one will have your contents! That is where the extra stuff is at.

Now, on the Wedding Edition, you will need to wait until that one comes in the mail. You will receive a content folder on that CD for the weddings. I just received my Wedding CD on Thursday. I have been using the Original SBM program for a year now.

YOU WILL LOVE IT!!!! We do look forward to you getting involved with others here on the forum. We all learn things from each other and we all have our areas of specialties.

Welcome to the SBM Family!
    sigpic OWNER OF THE B&B in SCRAPSVILLE

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
    !

nie

Comment

• Karin
      • Jan 2006

Hi Trista - your CD-ROM will arrive soon with all the content you are waiting for.

The major difference between the trial version and the full version downloads is that the full version takes away watermarks and timelimits so you can "publish" your layouts. Once you get your CD-ROM, you will get all of the great content that you've been hearing about, and then you can keep on adding content by using digital kits you purchase or find for free on the internet - including right here in the Sharing Corner and Scrapbook MAX!Booster Pack Store.

Hang in there - the CD is well worth the wait!

Karin

Comment

• Trista
        • Apr 2007

Hi Again..
        I think an error was made as there is only one link on my download page, again there was nothing missed, only ONE link to download the program...

I guess I will have to wait for the CD to arrive? I thought the full version would come on CD as well as the wedding portion? So there is only going to be a wedding portion arriving now on CD? I was under the assumption I would get the full program by CD (original version) as well as the wedding portion..

Thanks again for your help, but nothing was missed on that email, I assume they are no longer giving us the extra link other than downloading what is shared by other people?

I have to say, I am disappointed!! Sorry for my negativity but when I paid for this program, it was indicated I would receive a full program along with my wedding portion, I guess I thought wrong in what I read?

Again, there is no second link in my email, I can copy and paste the email here if you would like?

Trista

Comment

• workingjo3
          Mad Scrapper
          • Sep 2006

I think I understand the confusion. I believe the wedding version is the full version of the program. But different contentents / templates / embellishments.

I may be wrong but that is the way I have been reading the advertizing.

While you wait for the cd and for a staff member to reply, why not down load some of the freebies in the template and embellishment forums.

Jo

Comment

• Trista
            • Apr 2007

Thanks for your quick reply...I guess I bought under the wrong assumption..I read very carefully that the wedding program was the full version (original) PLUS the extra wedding templates..

Some people even questioned that they wanted to order the wedding CD after they just purchased the regular classic version a month ago but it would be the classic original again plus the wedding?

Anyway, I guess I read this whole program incorrectly and although I know a CD is coming in the mail shortly, I certaily hope its the "original program" PLUS the wedding templates on top of it, or they have falsely advertised..

Again, thanks for your replies, I have downloaded few free shareware templates to start with, I thought this program consisted of a bit more..

Trista..

Comment

• Karin
              • Jan 2006

Hi Trista,

I hope this will clarify your concerns: Scrapbook MAX! is the name of the digital scrapbooking software program. You are correct - you will receive the full version of Scrapbook MAX! digital scrapbooking software on a CD-ROM as advertised. The content (i.e. backgrounds, embellishments, templates, etc.) you receive depends on which edition you purchased. If you ordered the "Classic Edition", you will receive the "Classic Edition" content. If you ordered the "Wedding Edition", you will receive the "Wedding Edition" content. On the What's Included page on our "Wedding Edition" website, we have posted thumbnail images of every piece of content that is included on your Wedding Edition CD-ROM (30 templates, 20+ kits - the kits have been broken up into categories for viewing i.e. backgrounds, embellishments, paper scraps, etc.).

As for the trial version, the purpose is to give you a chance to see how the program works, so only a small sampling of content comes with it (enough to give you a chance to play with the features.).

When you purchase: You will get a link allowing you to download the full version of the software application (which comes with a sampling of content). As for a second downloadable "content" link to play with while the CD-ROM arrives - I don't think that this is offered anymore as the two links created confusion in the past (at least, I think this is the case for the Wedding Version). When you get your Scrapbook MAX! Wedding Edition CD-ROM, it will come with the software (i.e. Scrapbook MAX!) and the Wedding Content Pack.

The reason that the content comes on CD-ROM is that there is so much, it cannot be downloaded (the content pack is too huge to download).

I hope this clears any questions up. If you have other questions or I have misunderstood, please let me know. In any event, it shouldn't be long before your content arrives.

Karin

Comment

• Trista
                • Apr 2007

Thank you for clarifying, I understand now!! Anxiously awaiting my order!!

Trista

Comment

• Karin
                  • Jan 2006

No problem! Looking forward to seeing some of your layouts in the gallery in the near future - Happy scrappin'!

Karin

Comment

Working...
                  X