X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Groove
    • Jun 2006

Feature Article in The Groove!

Hello Everyone from The Groove, Scrapbook MAX's monthly newsletter!

From time to time, we run special articles in the online version of The Groove that we just know you'll love to read. This is one of those special times!

Julie L.(a.k.a. MaggieMae) recently posted some stunning layouts of WWII era photos in the gallery. They sure caught our eye, and we asked Julie to share the story behind them with all of us. Julie agreed, and we are so glad - what a story!

Visit www.scrapbookgroove.com (April 24, 2007) to read Julie's article and to see her beautiful layouts made as a tribute to her friend and neighbor, Jean. You're sure to be inspired!

If you have made layouts with a special "background" story that you would like to share with The Groove readers, get in touch with us at newsletter[at]scrapbookmax[dot]com.

Haven't yet subscribed to The Groove? Click here to subscribe for free today!

Karin and Marnie
    The Groove Editors
    The Groove Avatar made with embellishments found in our various Expansion Packs for Scrapbook MAX! 2.0
  • MaggieMae
    Digi Sage
    • May 2006

Thank you so much, Karin and Marnie! I'm so glad you liked the album!
    Julie

Comment

• Marion
      MAX! Mastermind
      • Feb 2006

I more then liked it, I loved it Julie! Great work!

Comment

• mh51
        Scrap Guru
        • Jul 2006

Originally posted by Marion View Post
        I more then liked it, I loved it Julie! Great work!

THEN again ~~ me too!!!!

Comment

• crops2dawn
          MAX! Mastermind
          • Jul 2006

Oh M&M this is GREATTTTTT!!! I loved them too! You sure did a wonderful job on all of them! And WTG Groove!!! You picked a winner here!!!

My Buddies: Jazz, Smile, Sue, Eng and Eye "CHILLS", Poppabob, PKdoll, Onie, Pickngrin

Comment

• MaggieMae
            Digi Sage
            • May 2006

I'm a numpty!

Can someone help me?!!!! I want to print out the article to give to Jean Claude and I can't figure out how to get it to print out - I've tried selecting the article and the text prints on top of the pictures - I've tried landscaping it and everything I can think of. I'm a numpty about these things!! Help please!!!!!
            Julie

Comment

• crops2dawn
              MAX! Mastermind
              • Jul 2006

Sorry M&M I went in and tried coping it but I only get the text, no pictures. I hope someone will help soon!

My Buddies: Jazz, Smile, Sue, Eng and Eye "CHILLS", Poppabob, PKdoll, Onie, Pickngrin

Comment

• MaggieMae
                Digi Sage
                • May 2006

Originally posted by crops2dawn View Post
                Sorry M&M I went in and tried coping it but I only get the text, no pictures. I hope someone will help soon!
                Crikey!! Thanks, Crops, for trying - now I know it's not just me!! There must be a way to print it!?
                Julie

Comment

• poppabob
                  Mad Scrapper
                  • Jul 2006

Great story and wonderful layout Julie!
                  -=poppabob=-
                  If I slip and fall please get a hold of crops2dawn or OnieRN to pick me back up!

Comment

• MaggieMae
                    Digi Sage
                    • May 2006

Originally posted by poppabob View Post
                    Great story and wonderful layout Julie!
                    Thanks so much, PoppaBob! It was a pleasure to do!
                    Julie

Comment

• OnieRN
                      Scrap Guru
                      • May 2006

Congrats Buddy

Julie, the article is fabulous! I tried to leave a comment but I wasn't able to figure that out either!

Just to tell you that I loved your pages. The storey is incredable. I know your neighbor is plesed with the album you did. It's such a tribute to him and his story.

Way to go Girl!!!
                      sigpic OWNER OF THE B&B in SCRAPSVILLE

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
                      !

nie

Comment

• *eng*
                        MAX! Mastermind
                        • Apr 2006

That is a wonderful piece of work. A wonderful piece of family history too
                        My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Comment

• AmeliasMuma
                          Layout Whiz
                          • Dec 2006

Originally posted by MaggieMae View Post
                          Can someone help me?!!!! I want to print out the article to give to Jean Claude and I can't figure out how to get it to print out - I've tried selecting the article and the text prints on top of the pictures - I've tried landscaping it and everything I can think of. I'm a numpty about these things!! Help please!!!!!
                          Just sent a pm asking for your email address to send you a copy I was able to copy and paste into word. If you still need help I'll send you a copy. If you don't have word I'll put it into a document you can use.
                          Sue xx

sigpic Makeyesup and Marion are my Buddies

Relax, take it easy and enjoy.

Comment

• crops2dawn
                            MAX! Mastermind
                            • Jul 2006

Mummmmaaaaa....Hey I tried that..copying it into word, but I didnt get any pictures... you got some explainging to dooooo. LOL how did you get the pictures in????

Comment

• TerryW
                              • Apr 2007

Julie,

Just caught up with this - what great L/O's, so well done. The story is quite fascinating and makes for enjoyable reading. Jean certainly appears the suave, swashbuckling hero in his photographs.

I have an uncle who also has an 'extraordinary' story from the war (not to be competitive, simply that...) like your neighbour, he also keeps his story sheltered, never opening the door on the subject and, often saying little or nothing when others do. A sign (to me) of true selflessness and humility.

These are men to be admired and you have shown heartfelt admiration.

My kindest regards,

Terry.
                              My buddies are:
                              Too many to list - too valuable not to. They are... Diamonds in my Life!

Chocolate Wisdom of Life
                              Life is like a box of chocolates - No matter what you end up with - they all start out sweet!

Previous Chocolate Wisdom of Life -
                              Some of them are hard.
                              It never seems to last long enough.
                              No one wants the cruddy ones.

Comment

Working...
                              X