X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Moonbeam
    • Mar 2006

Template: Renovation Kerfuffel

We recently did major renovations so ehere's a page for your "reno's" .. Can anyone tell me something? If you have a whole album and want to upload it to share ( more than 1 page) how do you do it, keeping in mind the size restriction. I tried to "export" just one page but the whole album gets exported then it's far to large to upload to share... Any ideas how to upload just one page at a time?
    Attached Files
  • kode
    • Mar 2006

Howdy! This is a cute page! It came up with 2 pages I love them both. Thanks for sharing

Comment

• Granny
      MAX! Mastermind
      • Mar 2006

Howdy!

If you publish the template as images, it will compress the pages. I'm really impressed with this feature of Max! Then, make a zip file and upload it to the post here.

Ok. Here is the step by step deal.... Make a folder under My documents... Then in Max!, go to File, Publish to... Images. Click on Browse, and find the folder you created in My Documents. You can choose the quality also, but even at the best quality and highest image size, it will still compress into a small file size. Press ok.

Then, put the images into a zip file. You can now upload them to the post. If you want to upload them to the gallery, you can upload each one, of course, without zipping.

Hope this helps. This is what I have done with my images in the gallery.

Granny
      sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

Comment

• Moonbeam
        • Mar 2006

Oh No! Re. the 2 pages that I shared .. please delete the 2nd one.. it's horrible - it is not even finished ..and it's got the sfety pin on it I messed up with my editor... I had no idea that was in there too... ..OOPS!

Comment

• Granny
          MAX! Mastermind
          • Mar 2006

Moonbeam.... Get a grip, girl! Did my suggestion work or not?

Granny
          sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Comment

• Moonbeam
            • Mar 2006

Hey Granny... thanks! I have been in rush mode each time I pop in here lately .. I wish I had time to dwell and read and ponder...so what I've done I've copied your instructions and printed them .. and I promise I will try it out when I get a chance... soon I hope...just been to hectic lately and I hate it when I don't get any "me time" ...so thanks heaps - I will poste here and let you know

Comment

• Moonbeam
              • Mar 2006

OK..It's 10pm - just got home and I am going to spend some time and do this Granny-
              Thanks for the easy instructions.. I followed them no problem but the total of the 10 or so pages was 6.24mb...when I sent them to a compressed zipped folder it was stil 6.18mb and too large to upload... It didn't change the size much at all????

Comment

• Moonbeam
                • Mar 2006

Have tried again and have published again choosing a lesser quality and a smaller size picture... the file size was then 2.1mb and I sent it to a zipped folder but it was then 1.99mb.. not much difference???don't know why? so I have to upload it.. seeing the max size for a zipped file is 1.95mb it was refused so I will go back and delete one of the pages just to make it under the limit and see what happens

Comment

• Moonbeam
                  • Mar 2006

Ok.. I think I did it.. I deleted 2 of the pages and that took the zipped folder to 1.67mb and it seems to have uploaded so here's hoping ... help yourself to them!!
                  There are TEN pages there but seeing you can't see them I have uploaded them to the Gallery so you can see them before deciding if you want to download them for yourself
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Moonbeam; 05-21-2006, 07:10 AM.

Comment

• Marion
                    MAX! Mastermind
                    • Feb 2006

Templates

Moonbeam, when I click on the zipfile, it tells me the templates are installed, but I can't find them as a template anywhere, only as a JPG. Could you try and upload them again, maybe just a few pages at a time. They are very lovely and I would love to be able to use them.

Thanks, Marion

Comment

• Granny
                      MAX! Mastermind
                      • Mar 2006

Hi Moonbeam... Well, I thought you just wanted to post the images in the gallery, not as a template. This won't work as a template. Sorry. And the reason the zip file will not reduce the size much, it's because the compression in Max is so good, zipping it will only make it convenient, not much smaller.

So if you want to post it as a template, you cannot export them as images.

Granny
                      sigpic

Comment

• Moonbeam
                        • Mar 2006

........... ............
                        Sorry! I'll get it eventually girls ( I hope)
                        I have to go to work today and I have to do the ironing this morning before I go so I may not get a chance until tonight ( here in Australia - so you will all be tucked in bed by then in the U.S.)

Comment

• Granny
                          MAX! Mastermind
                          • Mar 2006

Moonbeam... How can you iron standing on your head? Don't the clothes still in the basket fall all over the place?

Granny
                          sigpic

Comment

• OnieRN
                            Scrap Guru
                            • May 2006

For "UNDER CONSTRUCTION" Request

This was asked for so I found it! Sorry, but I lost the members name requesting, when I tried to search and copy the darn thing. I never have figured out how to post a link a thread in the forum.

Well, I hope this does what you needed because it's got all the tools in it. This LAYOUT was done by MoonBeam!
                            sigpic OWNER OF THE B&B in SCRAPSVILLE

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
                            !

nie

Comment

• kristyc1994
                              Layout Whiz
                              • Apr 2006

Moonbeam, it sounds like you are PUBLISHING your files as images instead of EXPORTING them as templates.

I feel your pain on the file size issue...what I have done is copy 1 or 2 pages at a time into a new scrapbook file, then export the new file as a template. Sometimes mine are still too big, so what I do is switch out the photos I have in there for low res generic photos (email size or camera phone size works well, 100 kb or less) before I export. Even though I choose the "remove photos" box, when I put photos with smaller file size in, it makes the template fit under 5 mb! (I'm not that much of a computer geek, so I don't know why!)

I hope this helps, your work is so wonderful and we'd all love to be able to use it!

Comment

Working...
                              X