• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jazzieal
    Digi Sage
    • Sep 2006

Prayers for Virginia Tech

I have been watching the news all morn about the massacre at Virginia Tech...32 deaths including the shooter..worst mass murder in US history..8 years ago this month we had Collumbine..what is our land coming to...Im sure prayers for these families would be greatly appreciated and also for students on this campus...my nephew attends college in Virginia at Lynchburg College, makes me afraid for him...
    My Buddy's Are Crops2dawn, Sue, Eye, Eng, Smiley, Kimbob, PKDoll and Autistic Wonder

Visit my Blog http://wordstodelite.blogspot.com/
  • *eng*
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Apr 2006

Devastating. I hadn't seen the news (England) today but I have just searched it and it is dominating it. I don't know what to say, it's so tragic. Those poor poor families and those lives lost before they've started to live.
    My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Comment

• Marion
      MAX! Mastermind
      • Feb 2006

Oh no Jazz, I hadn't heard! I just turned the tv on after reading this. How awful!!!!

Comment

• arlene6
        • Oct 2006

I am praying for their families. That's more sorrow than one heart can bear.
        Graphic Designer

Comment

• crops2dawn
          MAX! Mastermind
          • Jul 2006

OMG This is terrible! I havent had the TV on all day! I just turned it on! WOW this is heart breaking! and devastating! What sick people in this world!!!
          I will be praying for all thats for sure!

My Buddies: Jazz, Smile, Sue, Eng and Eye "CHILLS", Poppabob, PKdoll, Onie, Pickngrin

Comment

• spanielmom
            Layout Whiz
            • Nov 2006

Just saw this. It's just awful. I can't imagine feeling so hopeless inside to want to take another's life. I'm definately praying for these families and the rest of the students on campus. This tradgedy will touch many lives i'm sure.

Comment

• makeyesup
              Digi Sage
              • Jun 2006

No matter where we are or what we do, we might not be safe. It is so sad that these things do happen. All we can do is trust in the Lord. My prayers are with their familes and friends as I am sure they are very stressed right now.

A few days ago, when I was spending time with my 6 yr old GD, we went past a cemetery and she started asking me about things. We got into a discussion about the many people related to her that had passed, many before her time. I tried to tell her that God is in charge and we always have to trust him that what he does is for a good reason. She started asking about why people get sick and die and then came up with a question about little children. It was difficult to be honest that little children do get sick and die and still keep her from worrying. The only thing that I could come up with was that sometimes God needs little children around too and we have to always trust him.

It is so difficult to explain things to little children and not have them worrying so much it becomes a problem for them.

My Buddies - pkdoll, Marion and CraftyScraps

&

Comment

• Marion
                MAX! Mastermind
                • Feb 2006

I keep reminding myself of a sign I read once....

"GOD IS GOD, AND YOU ARE NOT. GET OVER IT!"

I remind myself of this often.

Comment

• OnieRN
                  Scrap Guru
                  • May 2006

I got the news at work today

It showed up on my internet articles. This is so sad. I like the saying Marion that you mentioned......... They need to GET OVER IT!

Our prayers continue to reach all those involved!
                  sigpic OWNER OF THE B&B in SCRAPSVILLE

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
                  !

nie

Comment

• pkdoll
                    Scrap Guru
                    • Dec 2006

It's absolutely horrible!! You send your kids off to college to get a good education, and than something like this happens. My god it's devastating!! My prayers are with their families. No words can take away their hurt but I hope it helps with the dealing of it. So sad!

My Buddies are Marion, Kimbob, Jazziel (RIP), Wolvsie35, Crops2dawn, Makeyesup, Kazr, Moonfairy, Moonlightpearl, and scrappyaggie48

Comment

• Smile
                      Digi Sage
                      • Nov 2006

This is such a horrible thing to have happened. I know that alot of you have faith much stronger than I could ever have. If you take away my child then you have taken away my heart as well. I have alot of questions in my life that no one can answer but I know how strong my love is for family. I wish in my heart that I could ease the pain that these parents are going through but no one can. When MaryAnn puts a memorial in for her son I feel her pain which I am sure all of us do. I am sorry but I can't find any reason for God to let such a thing happen................Lois
                      sigpic....

Comment

• kimbob
                        Layout Whiz
                        • Jan 2007

Good Heavens!! How AWFUL!! I haven't seen anything here in SA on the TV yet.. well I must admit I haven't watched much.. but it tears my heart to hear of such a tragedy! I think anyone with Kids will feel the "implications" of this "massacre".. My heart goes out to all those families that lost their children in such an awful manner.

Forever in my heart - Jazzy

Comment

• MaggieMae
                          Digi Sage
                          • May 2006

It's too much to even comprehend - the anger, hatred, and evil that would lead someone to shoot all those innocent people (students and professors). What is happening to our world?
                          Julie

Comment

• spanielmom
                            Layout Whiz
                            • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Smile View Post
                            This is such a horrible thing to have happened. I know that alot of you have faith much stronger than I could ever have. If you take away my child then you have taken away my heart as well. I have alot of questions in my life that no one can answer but I know how strong my love is for family. I wish in my heart that I could ease the pain that these parents are going through but no one can. When MaryAnn puts a memorial in for her son I feel her pain which I am sure all of us do. I am sorry but I can't find any reason for God to let such a thing happen................Lois
                            That is why it is called FAITH Smile. We don't understand. We have to trust. God's plan is way bigger than we all will ever comprehend until we meet him on judgement day. And oh what a day that will be. We no longer will have such tragedies as these---only God's warmth and love for all of us.

Comment

• Granny
                              MAX! Mastermind
                              • Mar 2006

Smile, I don't blame you for feeling the way you do. But there is an answer...

God is not responsible for what people do. He has given us free will, and we have missused it. When Adam and Eve made a choice to go their own way independent of God, he allowed it, to give manking time to prove to themselves that we need his guidance in our lives. He also tells us in Eclecciasted 9:11 that time and unforseen occurances befall us all. He has also been making arrangements for his kingdom to put an end to all this misery. But like the apostle Peter says, God is not slow respecting his promise, but he does not want any to be destroyed, but wants all to obtain to repentance. So he is giving us time to come to know his will and his arrangement for our salvation, then he will act. And Bible prophecies show that it will happen very soon. In fact, the very things happening right now are a sign that the time is near for him to answer the prayers of all righteous people that want a better world.

Well, sorry, did not mean to preach. I just want you to know that he really does care, and he is busy working on it.

sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

Comment

Working...
                              X