+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unhappy I need help...can't figure it out

Sorry, it looks like I am writing a book of something. I felt I should explain what was happening and maybe it will make some sense. This is what I have done.

I downloaded the trial version of Scrapbook MAX about a week ago. If I could make the program work I think it would be terriffic and fun. I had made at least 25+ scrapbooks and when I publish them to video CD they will not run on my DVD player.The DVD player acts like it playing it, but there is no picture on the screen. If I publish them to photo CD the DVD player says no disc. I am using Windows XP on a HP Pavilion laptop computer with a DVD/CD-RW Drive.

About 4 days ago I make a scrapbook and had the scrapbook on one side of the screen and the Help user manuel on the otherside. Did everything they said. I left the page size at the default and I (out of the 3) chose one of the music names for the music. Then published it to video CD. Well, I was thrilled it worked (hated the music though). That was the only one that ever worked.

First I tried everything I could think of to get other music into the scrapbook-nothing. I wanted to use the extra large screen page size-that didn't work. Finally I thought, well I just won't add any music (I'd rather have quite than that noise)-that didn't work. Will not show on the DVD.

Last resort last night made another scrapbook, left the page size at their default and no music added-nothing, didn't work. Before I gave up and went to bed I tried one more thing for the heck of it(trying everything I can think of to figure this out). I made another new scrapbook using the default page size and chose one of the music choices and published to video CD. THE THING WORKED.

That's fine except I don't feel I have any choices at all. If I can't have decent music I would really prefer to have none and I can't even do that.

PS I didn't keep the scrapbooks to clutter everything up. When they didn't work I would erase the disc and delete the scrapbook before I started again. I wanted to started on a clean slate.

Do you have any ideas on what I am doing wrong. I really wanted to purchase this software, but there is no sense if I can't use it. Help.

Mary

Quote Originally Posted by azcandy
    Sorry, it looks like I am writing a book of something. I felt I should explain what was happening and maybe it will make some sense. This is what I have done.

I downloaded the trial version of Scrapbook MAX about a week ago. If I could make the program work I think it would be terriffic and fun. I had made at least 25+ scrapbooks and when I publish them to video CD they will not run on my DVD player.The DVD player acts like it playing it, but there is no picture on the screen. If I publish them to photo CD the DVD player says no disc. I am using Windows XP on a HP Pavilion laptop computer with a DVD/CD-RW Drive.

About 4 days ago I make a scrapbook and had the scrapbook on one side of the screen and the Help user manuel on the otherside. Did everything they said. I left the page size at the default and I (out of the 3) chose one of the music names for the music. Then published it to video CD. Well, I was thrilled it worked (hated the music though). That was the only one that ever worked.

First I tried everything I could think of to get other music into the scrapbook-nothing. I wanted to use the extra large screen page size-that didn't work. Finally I thought, well I just won't add any music (I'd rather have quite than that noise)-that didn't work. Will not show on the DVD.

Last resort last night made another scrapbook, left the page size at their default and no music added-nothing, didn't work. Before I gave up and went to bed I tried one more thing for the heck of it(trying everything I can think of to figure this out). I made another new scrapbook using the default page size and chose one of the music choices and published to video CD. THE THING WORKED.

That's fine except I don't feel I have any choices at all. If I can't have decent music I would really prefer to have none and I can't even do that.

PS I didn't keep the scrapbooks to clutter everything up. When they didn't work I would erase the disc and delete the scrapbook before I started again. I wanted to started on a clean slate.

Do you have any ideas on what I am doing wrong. I really wanted to purchase this software, but there is no sense if I can't use it. Help.

Mary

Hi Mary,
    I have a HP laptop & I had problems with the dvds too. Just out of curiosity, I wondered if you have the HP laptop that was the Black Friday sale at WalMart this past year?
    Rhoda

No, I bought it from QVC and I have had for ? 1-1/2 yrs. Were you ever able to straighten out your DVD problem?
    Mary

No, I bought it from QVC and I have had for ? 1-1/2 yrs. Were you ever able to straighten out your DVD problem?
    Mary
    I did get one to work on a dvd player but I was not happy with the quality & that's why I'm using a computer slideshow for the program I'm working on.
    My pages were made from scrapbook kits & the smaller pictures were not clear.
    Now that I've got my slideshow made for my program I'm going to work on some other ones to see if I can be successful at making some for the dvd player.
    I did get the music converter downloaded so I could add the .ogg music file added.
    Rhoda

Rhoda,

What's this about the music converter???? I have iTunes on my computer and it's true I can listen to music and copy some of my CD music discs into it, but, that's all I can do. I can't get it over to sbm no matter what I do. Sure wish you could explain it to me. Also, you said you are doing you scrapbooks as a slideshow--do you just view it on your computer or are you copying it to CD's?
    Mary

I just tried the slideshow cd so I understand what that is. It looked the same as on my DVD screen.

I just tried the slideshow cd so I understand what that is. It looked the same as on my DVD screen.
    If you publish your scrapbook to the computer .exe file it should look just like it does on your computer monitor.
    I think there is another thread that I posted to that has the .ogg converter information. I did an .ogg search tonight & found a website that has free music from the 20's turned into .ogg files. I listened to one of the songs & it reminded me of the old old cartoons!
    Rhoda

To get setup for .ogg on your system just choose your system type, i.e. "Windows" at the following link, then download and install the simple codec (free):

http://www.vorbis.com/
    Scrapbook MAX! is the fun and easy digital scrapbooking software for Windows. Download a free trial version at www.scrapbookmax.com.

Rhoda & Corey,

Thanks a million to you both. I will download it. Tomarrow I will try this and see what I get. Better to start out fresh.
    Mary

When you publish to Video CD format (VCD), do not use a rewritable CD-RW disc and do not use a DVD disc. You want to use a brand new regular CD-R disc. This will ensure maximum compatibility with your DVD player. Keep in mind that while most DVD players can play a VCD, not all of them can. If it doesn't work on your player, try it on another player before giving up!
    Scrapbook MAX! 2.0 is here!. It's simply better digital scrapbooking software!