X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • catseyes
    • May 2006

am using a safety pin embellishment you have within scrapbook maxi

how do i go about erasing part of it to look as though it is going through the page curl or if i cannot do it in scrapmaxi how do i export it to do so in another piece of software and rebring it in to use.
    susannah

scrapmaxi is so nice to use to make scrapbook pages
  • DianeScraps
    • Mar 2006

How about cropping it?

Comment

• Corey
      Layout Whiz
      • Jan 2006

Hi. The way to do that would be to take the original image and erase that spot in an image editor such as MS paint or Photoshop.
      Scrapbook MAX! is the fun and easy digital scrapbooking software for Windows. Download a free trial version at .

Comment

• catseyes
        • May 2006

okay thanks but what way is best to save it from scrapbook max to use in the other

software
        thanks
        susannah

Comment

• Granny
          MAX! Mastermind
          • Mar 2006

This here is an experiment. I want to see if I can upload the image of a pin I did like that, and have you download it.

Ok. It worked. Right click on the image below, and save as an png. It will have a transparent background. I'm going to run another experiment and see if you can colorize it, otherwise, please tell me what color you need, and I will be happy to do it for you.

Hope this helps.

Granny

In order to save as a png, you have to left click on the pin first, and let the pin open into a new window, then right click to save as an png, otherwise, if you do it directly from this window, it will not give you the option to save as a png. Go figure!!
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Granny; 05-15-2006, 11:17 AM.
          sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

Comment

• Granny
            MAX! Mastermind
            • Mar 2006

Ok, I ran the experiment and it worked... sort of. If you import the pin into Max as an embellishments, then go to Effect, Advance, Sepia, and in the small color box, change the color to what you want, it will change the color. You do get a little bit of the color tint in the metal part, but it's not too distracting. The head of the pin will have the right color, looks good. If you have a specific color in mind, you can use a color picker to get the right numbers, and you can enter that to get the exact color.

If this is all Greek to you, don't feel bad, just use a little bit of Windex... !! Oh, sorry, this is not the movie. Well, just ask, and I will splain it, (not explain, I'm a foreigner) so please let me know.

Granny
            sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Comment

• Granny
              MAX! Mastermind
              • Mar 2006

Ok, Catseyes... I took a screen shot of the pin and was able to clean it up in my program. Sorry, this is the best I could do. Don't know how to export individual objects in Max!

Anyhow, I guess you can take it from here. If you need more help manipulating the pin, let me know.

Granny
              Attached Files
              sigpic

Comment

• Granny
                MAX! Mastermind
                • Mar 2006

Man, am I dense..... I'm sorry, I think I got up on the wrong side of the bed already. Of course you can get the object out to another program, "if" it's part of the Max program.

Now, before you do this, make sure it's ok with the developers. I don't supposed they care, but just to be safe...

What you do is open Windows Explorer ( I posted a tutorial on another threat here that tells you how to use it). Go to the directory where SBM is installed. Navigate your way to the Gallery, Images, Embellishments, Photo Objects Vol 2, or whatever folder has the image you want, and then, view the files as thumbnails. When you find the one you want, right click on it and copy it. Then, paste the image in the directory where you have your work files for your image editor, or in whatever directory you want, long as is easy to find again. Then just open the image editor an import the image.

Clear as mud? Good. Let me know if you have any questions.

Granny
                sigpic

Comment

• Kazr
                  Layout Whiz
                  • Mar 2006

Thank you so much Granny for the Safety Pin, just love it & I am sure it will come in handy in a future project or two

Comment

• Granny
                    MAX! Mastermind
                    • Mar 2006

Your welcome kazr! Anytime you guys need a particular embellishment, let me know. I will quickly run to the hills and hide!

Ops, no, no, I mean... I shall be delighted to try and make something. If Steve or Corey don't beat me to the punch.

Granny
                    sigpic

Comment

• kode
                      • Mar 2006

Granny you are just so great! You always make me laugh. I just love you. You make us all in a great mood and I appreciate that!

Comment

• catseyes
                        • May 2006

thank you granny for the time and help given and because of it i was able to do what

i wanted to do, truely awesome, this community is so helpful and hopefully when i improve i can give back to you too.
                        susannah

Comment

• Granny
                          MAX! Mastermind
                          • Mar 2006

Ah, Kode, you do my heart good. I could not ask more of life than to bring a little sunshine into other people's life. Thank you so much for your kind words.

Catseyes... I'm so glad I was able to help. Please, always feel free to ask for something you need. I will hit the yellow pages right away and send you the phone number where to get help!!!

Just kidding. I'm here to help, and you all help me more than you will ever know.

Granny
                          sigpic

Comment

• OnieRN
                            Scrap Guru
                            • May 2006

Tony: Here is a Safety Pin

Found the safety pin! nie
                            sigpic OWNER OF THE B&B in SCRAPSVILLE

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
                            !

nie

Comment

Working...
                            X