+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Moonbeam
    Yes it does.. crystal clear...except for the last question! You asked what program I'm using to create my ...png..I don't know what you mean -sorry
    PNG is a file format that supports transparency... You could take parts of your word art and combine them into a single "PNG" file instead of many seperate ones...

Hello! I was another one of the members having problems with uploading my templates, so I am following along here and taking notes.
    Laurie Weber
    Wisconsin

Take a peak at pics: http://www.scrapbookmax.com/gallery/...ry.php?cat=621

Quote Originally Posted by srussell
    PNG is a file format that supports transparency... You could take parts of your word art and combine them into a single "PNG" file instead of many seperate ones...
    Mmmm.. That's interesting - I'm like a new school student here - I didn't realize just how much I don't know!!! My next question is how do I do that???
    I have never before used "Paint" or anything like that... I tried today to open an embellishment of a safety pin so I could "rub out" a section so it looked like it went through the paper but I just stuffed up the original picture .
    when I opened it in "Paint" It had a black background - I could rub out a section OK but could not get the transparent background back -and I mistakenly "saved" it like that - now I can't use it at all

Default Hang In There Moonbeam

I haven't even tried to attach emblishments or templets yet. I am attempting to learn from what is happening to you. I have always considered myself fairly knowledgeable with computers but it is apparent that I have a lot more to learn. Just hang in there, I know you will figure it out. BTW, I too am anxious to upload some of your templetes because you've got some awsome tumbnails.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonbeam
    Mmmm.. That's interesting - I'm like a new school student here - I didn't realize just how much I don't know!!! My next question is how do I do that???
    I have never before used "Paint" or anything like that... I tried today to open an embellishment of a safety pin so I could "rub out" a section so it looked like it went through the paper but I just stuffed up the original picture .
    when I opened it in "Paint" It had a black background - I could rub out a section OK but could not get the transparent background back -and I mistakenly "saved" it like that - now I can't use it at all
    I'm just curious ... What program do you use to edit your images?

Hello,

Are there still problems uploading templates to these forums?

If so:

1. How large is the template (please be exact as possible -- you can find this out by right-clicking on the template file, and choosing 'Properties' -- the number i'm after is the one listed next to 'Size', in 'Bytes').

2. What happens when you try to upload the template? (ie. you get a page-can't-be-displayed error *immediately*, you get the same error after a while, the forum tells you the template is too big, etc.).

Thanks!
    Desmond.

Quote Originally Posted by srussell
    I'm just curious ... What program do you use to edit your images?
    All I have is "paint"??? I just right click on the image and from the menu chose "open with" and select "Paint'????I don't know what else to use!( I have Microsoft Works if that is relevant?)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

...and Desmond I haven't had time to try to upload again but as soon as I do I will respond to your question - thanks RG

Ah, I see... When you open the PNG in "Paint", that's when you get the black edges... Looks like Paint doesn't support the transparency and replaces it with black.

At this point , you won't be able to merge your images together and maintain the transparency...

Well, I'll search around around and see if whe can find you a better free Image Editor program you can download... maybe Corey has something he can suggest...