X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Verleen
    • Mar 2007

Problems with Importing

Hi. I'm having problems with importing embellishments, all of a sudden. When I click "Brouse", I can get to my external hard drive. However, when I choose a folder, it doesn't open. It appears that SBM is blocking it. It almost opens for a second and gets bleeped out. It use to open, but now doesn't. I can open them and get them into PSE 5.0, but not into SBM. I'm having other problems too. For example, sometimes I can 'copy' and 'paste' an embellishment on a page I'm working on and sometimes I can't. It offers me the 'copy', but not the 'paste'. I'm trying to do a simple Easter card. Getting frustrated. I may have to learn to master the cadillac, PSE 5.0 to do what I want to do. There just seems to be so many little flaws in SBM as I'm reading all the posts here. I hope somebody can help me so that I stop beating my head against the wall here.

Jormanoy, Mswizard mom7911 are my buddies
  • *eng*
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Verleen View Post
    Hi. I'm having problems with importing embellishments, all of a sudden. When I click "Brouse", I can get to my external hard drive. However, when I choose a folder, it doesn't open. It appears that SBM is blocking it. It almost opens for a second and gets bleeped out. It use to open, but now doesn't. I can open them and get them into PSE 5.0, but not into SBM. I'm having other problems too. For example, sometimes I can 'copy' and 'paste' an embellishment on a page I'm working on and sometimes I can't. It offers me the 'copy', but not the 'paste'. I'm trying to do a simple Easter card. Getting frustrated. I may have to learn to master the cadillac, PSE 5.0 to do what I want to do. There just seems to be so many little flaws in SBM as I'm reading all the posts here. I hope somebody can help me so that I stop beating my head against the wall here.
    Have you tried system restore or reinstalling SBM? One or the other normally sorts out hiccuos ( except Granny's sort )
    My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Comment

• Desmond
      Resident Geek
      • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Verleen View Post
      When I click "Brouse", I can get to my external hard drive. However, when I choose a folder, it doesn't open.
      How many files / folders are inside the folder you're trying to browse to? On some systems, SBMAX has trouble with large numbers of files. Could that be the problem?

Desmond.
      |

Comment

• Verleen
        • Mar 2007

Desmond, I don't know if that's the problem. How do you suggest we organize to avoid this? I really don't have much because I'm so new and haven't downloaded much. It might be more than I think....lol. If our paper folders get too large, how small should we keep them? I could organize them by color, for example and by themes.

Comment

• crops2dawn
          MAX! Mastermind
          • Jul 2006

Organize everything on your desktop and drop and drag into SBM much easier!!

My Buddies: Jazz, Smile, Sue, Eng and Eye "CHILLS", Poppabob, PKdoll, Onie, Pickngrin

Comment

• Verleen
            • Mar 2007

Carol, I'm trying to keep all my files onto my external hard drive for two reasons. First, file security/backup and so as to not slow down my computer. How do you keep everything on your desktop without this slowing things down too much. SBM is already working at snail's pace for me.

Comment

• crops2dawn
              MAX! Mastermind
              • Jul 2006

Verleen I havent a clue! Everything runs pretty good for the most part! *knocking on wood* What I ususally do is when I know I am not going to use it again for awhile, for instance- all valentine day things, or easter embies...I copy it to a dvd, then all i do is put the dvd in and just drag what ever I want out if it! Believe me I have used up every inch of this computer, I am down to 2 gigs which might sound like alot but its nothing!!!
              I am still trying to figure out why your computer is running slow with SBM, honestly it used to be slower than molasses, but ever since the upgrade, I have not had any problems!

My Buddies: Jazz, Smile, Sue, Eng and Eye "CHILLS", Poppabob, PKdoll, Onie, Pickngrin

Comment

Working...
              X