• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OnieRN
    Scrap Guru
    • May 2006

American Idole?

Okay, I am dying to know IF anyone out there is keeping up with American Idole!?!?! I had no interests in it UNTIL I went to visit my parents a few weeks ago, in Arizona. I do believe it's contagous because I am not finding myself following the show........ eeks!!!

sigpic OWNER OF THE B&B in SCRAPSVILLE

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
    !

nie
  • OnieRN
    Scrap Guru
    • May 2006

Correction...

I AM following the show! Had a typo there!!!! WELL, there it is, another thing to do while I'm keeping up with SBM. LOL

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
    !

nie

Comment

• *eng*
      MAX! Mastermind
      • Apr 2006

We get th American version in England although I haven't kept up this time. I guess it's shown because of Simon Cowell. Soon be time for him to start a new show over here. Lots of talk over here because he's sacked the other members of the panel. Should be interesting!
      My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Comment

• MaggieMae
        Digi Sage
        • May 2006

Onie

Oh, Onie! I've watched it every year and am a huge fan - but this year - I don't know! Apparently there's a website that encourages people who don't like the show to vote in great numbers for the worst singer - right now it's Sanjay. He's so bad and yet he keeps staying. I hope they don't ruin the show by doing this - the next target to keep on as long as possible is Haley.

What do you think about LaKisha? Boy, can she belt out a disco song!! Do you have any favorites right now?
        Julie

Comment

• pkdoll
          Scrap Guru
          • Dec 2006

I am a super fan of American Idol too!! You are right though-Howard Stern and votefortheworseidol.com (something like that) are ruining the show by having everyone vote for the worse to keep them on, and good singers are getting voted off. If Sanjaya should by some miracle win it, I think that there won't be an American Idol next year. They will lose so many of their viewers because of the voting scandal.
          Lakisha has an awesome voice-so does Doolittle. Like Simon said they are in a league of their own. I kind of like Blake too. Some of them have really improved over the time of the show. But it's time for Sanjaya to go home. He has a good voice, but he just doesn't compare to some of the other really talented singers.

My Buddies are Marion, Kimbob, Jazziel (RIP), Wolvsie35, Crops2dawn, Makeyesup, Kazr, Moonfairy, Moonlightpearl, and scrappyaggie48

Comment

• srussell
            Digi Sage
            • Feb 2006

It's really sad when the music business becomes a popularity contest. Last week that had all the news about the teenage girl in the audience blawling her eyes out over Sanjaya - you know it was all staged to boost Idol's sagging ratings...

At least Taylor Hicks could sing...
            sigpic
            Visit my aisle in the SBM store!
            My buddies are Granny, Moonbeam and Wolvsie35!

Comment

• crops2dawn
              MAX! Mastermind
              • Jul 2006

Oh I loved Taylor Hicks!!! I havent been following that closely this year, I keep the show on while I am at the computer and only a few times I have actually looked to see who was singing, so I dont know the names yet! But that kid with the hair Sanja?? GOTTA GO!!!!! Some of them are really good!!! I guess I better start paying more attention to the show! If only I could get away from this computer!!!!!

My Buddies: Jazz, Smile, Sue, Eng and Eye "CHILLS", Poppabob, PKdoll, Onie, Pickngrin

Comment

• kristyc1994
                Layout Whiz
                • Apr 2006

I've never watched American Idol before this year - and I'm a little disappointed with the voting snaffu....I can't believe that Sanjaya hasn't even been in the bottom three for the past two weeks! Although I must say that he sang a little better this week than in prior weeks. I was really bummed to see Sundance go.....even though he had a few "off" performances, I thought he had great potential! I think Stephanie Edwards got a really raw deal - she's so much more of a singer than several that are still hanging on...I mean come on, Haley is beautiful, but she's only an average singer!

LaKisha is from Flint, MI which is only about 2 hours from where I live, so I'm really voting for her - besides the fact that she is such an incredible singer! I really like Gina - she's so different, but not too weird! I think my favorite has to be Jordin - she can REALLY sing and has so much control for her age....Melinda Doolittle has to know that she will be a star no matter what her standings on the show are - she has so much experience in performing - she amazes me every week!

I hope when it comes down to the final few that this rediculous "votefortheworstidol.com" or whatever it is won't affect the proper results - it's so unfair to the truly talented singers that are using this show to get their career started.

Comment

• MaggieMae
                  Digi Sage
                  • May 2006

Originally posted by kristyc1994 View Post
                  I've never watched American Idol before this year - and I'm a little disappointed with the voting snaffu....I can't believe that Sanjaya hasn't even been in the bottom three for the past two weeks! Although I must say that he sang a little better this week than in prior weeks. I was really bummed to see Sundance go.....even though he had a few "off" performances, I thought he had great potential! I think Stephanie Edwards got a really raw deal - she's so much more of a singer than several that are still hanging on...I mean come on, Haley is beautiful, but she's only an average singer!

LaKisha is from Flint, MI which is only about 2 hours from where I live, so I'm really voting for her - besides the fact that she is such an incredible singer! I really like Gina - she's so different, but not too weird! I think my favorite has to be Jordin - she can REALLY sing and has so much control for her age....Melinda Doolittle has to know that she will be a star no matter what her standings on the show are - she has so much experience in performing - she amazes me every week!

I hope when it comes down to the final few that this rediculous "votefortheworstidol.com" or whatever it is won't affect the proper results - it's so unfair to the truly talented singers that are using this show to get their career started.
                  I so agree with this - I hope that voting for the worst singer won't ruin a really nice, family-friendly, talk-around-the-water cooler show for everyone. With freedom of speech I'm sure there isn't much the producers can do, but I think they should confront the issue on air and encourage people to really vote for the good singers. That Sanjay is still on and others who can sing are gone is really a shame! [OMG - remember Taylor Hicks and his soul! or Clay Aiken and his choirboy sweet voice!] What if Haley or Sanjay win?!!!
                  Julie

Comment

• *eng*
                    MAX! Mastermind
                    • Apr 2006

Just listened to our news..it's a hot topic. Word has it here that if Sanjay wins Simon will never do another series.
                    My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Comment

• OnieRN
                      Scrap Guru
                      • May 2006

Glad to know there are followers...

Well, I totally agree about our boywonder....... that kid has to GO and Haley right behind him.

I am thinking that the top 3 will be Jordan, Doolittle and LaKisha. All 3 are fabulous. I also think Chris is a cutie! Once Sanjaya gets off there (HOPEFULLY SOON) it will be interesting as the finalist get closer.

Well, we need to keep this thread going until the end! I also heard that Simon said he would quit if Sanjaya wins. I can see that I need to start voting heavy duty on my top 3. I was planning on waiting until it got down to the last 6 but with Howard Sterns website, those of us who want to see the true winners on top, we got to get into the action.

It is interesting!

!

nie

Comment

• pkdoll
                        Scrap Guru
                        • Dec 2006

I agree we have to all start voting for our favs because if we wait it may be too late. Howard Sterns is just a publicity hound and he ruins things just for controversy.
                        Dolittle and Lakisha will both get contracts regardless of the outcome. I really kind of like Blake and his little beebopping. Jordin is good, and so is Gina. The guys have their work cut out for them. So far it hasn't been as exciting as last year, but a lot of them have improved quite a bit. It's unfortunate that it has come to this and that Simon may quit.

My Buddies are Marion, Kimbob, Jazziel (RIP), Wolvsie35, Crops2dawn, Makeyesup, Kazr, Moonfairy, Moonlightpearl, and scrappyaggie48

Comment

• MaggieMae
                          Digi Sage
                          • May 2006

I hadn't heard that Simon might quit - but I can't blame him! Even Randy doesn't know what to say when Sanjay is through. It's so bad! The funny thing is I don't think Sanjay has a clue that he can't sing! He is so delicate he almost seems like a girl singing. Crikey!
                          Julie

Comment

• OnieRN
                            Scrap Guru
                            • May 2006

Your right Julie! I think the kid is so young and innocent that he's just not aware that Howard Stern is using him.

!

nie

Comment

• *eng*
                              MAX! Mastermind
                              • Apr 2006

Crikey...we've had news coverage on our news this morning! I shall watch the next one now

Comment

Working...
                              X